‘20 NC SG Jaden Springer (UT commit 10/23/19)

Rob Lewis on Jaden Springer:

He is waiting to find out when he can do it on ESPN. He will announce whenever they tell him they have a slot for him from what I’ve been told. I don’t know when that will be.
What’s weird is that ESPN carved out a spot on tomorrow’s Sportscenter for Devin Askew to announce his commitment, strange.

Rob Lewis on Jaden Springer:

He is waiting to find out when he can do it on ESPN. He will announce whenever they tell him they have a slot for him from what I’ve been told. I don’t know when that will be.

If he's waiting on ESPN to find time for him during football season and the MLB playoffs, we might be waiting till November for an official announcement.

Some notes of interest from the 247 side:

247's Jerry Meyer, the Director of Basketball Scouting and the Lead Expert on Jaden Springer's recruitment, was on Tony Basilio's show yesterday. They discussed the latest on Tennessee's basketball recruiting and you can read a portion of their discussion on Basilio's blog.

Specifically on Jaden:

Jerry Meyer: 'My speculation is that he knows where he wants to go and he's figuring out when he wants to announce it. Where he wants to go I think he knows where he wants to go. They're ordering the catering and figuring out where they want to have the announcement so to speak. I think where he's going is a done deal. Now it's about the logistics of the announcement. "

'I think he's going to Tennessee so there's no handicapping this one. I'm going to be really, really wrong if he doesn't go to Tennessee (laughing) I'm going to be right with everyone else if he does. I don't know of anyone that doesn't believe he's going to Tennessee except for maybe a delusional Michigan or Memphis fan or something like that. I would be beyond shocked if he doesn't go to Tennessee.'

From Michigan's 247 site:

Yesterday, one of the Michigan mods posted that he was "cautiously optimistic" for Michigan after receiving some information. Another staff from the site followed up by saying that they had heard that Jaden's circle was really pushing Tennessee hard, and while Jaden liked Tennessee, he also really liked Michigan.

Grant Ramey was asked about the chatter from Michigan and said he had heard nothing concerning on Tennessee's side.

Last edited:
Jerry Meyer is about as professional and good at his job as one can be. If he says Springer is headed to Tennessee, then I am confident Springer is headed to Tennessee. The smoke coming from a mod on Michigan's 247 website seems more like wishful thinking by a fanbase who cannot believe Springer would be interested in an SEC school not named Kentucky.

Last edited:
Some notes of interest from the 247 side:

247's Jerry Meyer, the Director of Basketball Scouting and the Lead Expert on Jaden Springer's recruitment, was on Tony Basilio's show yesterday. They discussed the latest on Tennessee's basketball recruiting and you can read a portion of their discussion on Basilio's blog.

Specifically on Jaden:

Jerry Meyer: 'My speculation is that he knows where he wants to go and he's figuring out when he wants to announce it. Where he wants to go I think he knows where he wants to go. They're ordering the catering and figuring out where they want to have the announcement so to speak. I think where he's going is a done deal. Now it's about the logistics of the announcement. "

'I think he's going to Tennessee so there's no handicapping this one. I'm going to be really, really wrong if he doesn't go to Tennessee (laughing) I'm going to be right with everyone else if he does. I don't know of anyone that doesn't believe he's going to Tennessee except for maybe a delusional Michigan or Memphis fan or something like that. I would be beyond shocked if he doesn't go to Tennessee.'

From Michigan's 247 site:

Yesterday, one of the Michigan mods posted that he was "cautiously optimistic" for Michigan after receiving some information. Another staff from the site followed up by saying that they had heard that Jaden's circle was really pushing Tennessee hard, and while Jaden liked Tennessee, he also really liked Michigan.

Grant Ramey was asked about the chatter from Michigan and said he had heard nothing concerning on Tennessee's side.
👍🏿

Reactions: TN_gal
Surely someone on here has a good catering contact? I have a contact with All Occasions party rentals and I have a really good beer contact. Someone call WBIR and let’s cut the nonsense and get this thing rolling! I’m tired of waiting!😎
GBO!!

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer

Five-Star Isaiah Todd just committed to Michigan. Different position than Springer, but interesting to say the least. Not sure what their numbers look like but this definitely at least takes up one spot. More good news.

Five-Star Isaiah Todd just committed to Michigan. Different position than Springer, but interesting to say the least. Not sure what their numbers look like but this definitely at least takes up one spot. More good news.

Did anyone take this the opposite way and think that might make Springer more likely to go there now that they have another elite player in their grasp? I sure hope I am wrong but it is just an interesting thought.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

Or, they are putting together just as good a class and bout to steal Springer

VN Store

Back