‘19 TX QB Jacob Zeno (Baylor Transfer)

I think Maurer would have been decent in this offense. He has wheels and a strong arm. Wish he would have stayed. I get the feeling there was something more to this.
I think so

Wasn't he the actual person w the credit card when taking out recruits?

I can see that's why gray left as well
They were the main people involved w that?

i think some of you just need to prepare yourselves for a world where Brian Maurer and Harrison Baily may not ever take meaningful snaps as a Tennessee quarterback. lol.

Reactions: MarcoVol and ACvol3
Sorry but I disagree. Again, just my opinion
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's usually rooted in their own personal experience. I can respect that. My opinion is based on being a former college football player, which is unique even compared to other college athletes.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
I have no expectations from transfer QB.s. If they can’t play where they are, there must be an issuel I know there are exceptions named Burrow and Daniels, but those are far and few. I’d rather be rolling with HB and Maurer right now.

You make it sound like there are only a handful that have turned out...how many of us were begging for the last staff to play anyone but JG? I think pretty often QB's transfer because for whatever reason a coach falls in love with a QB and for better or worse that's my guy.....We have 3 QB's right now and I hope and trust our coach to be right, but for whatever reason he seems to love Milton, Milton would over throw the ocean. I think players transfer because they realize they are the best option but aren't getting to play and will go somewhere they can, or they transfer because they realize they don't fit the system anymore.

I'm also not saying that this Zeno guy is the answer, but I do think you can find a viable option in the portal if you do your work.

I think Hooker is good enough for this year and next. Then it's Jackson's time to shine
Agreed. But we need some depth. Milton isn’t good and Bailey is behind him so we need at least one more QB for depth purposes. I bet both leave in the off season.

IMO if Hooker stays healthy then he's the incumbent starter going into next fall with Milton playing FCS somewhere and Bailey transferring outside the SEC. Maybe UNC or somewhere like that.

Jackson and whoever they pull in '23 plus anyone who they get in the portal will develop behind Hooker then compete for the job in '23

Reactions: TrippieRedd
yeah, he was up and down. erratic. and couldnt hit water falling from a boat.

dry-lake-bed-natural-texture-cracked-clay-perspective-floor-death-valley-field-background-selective-focus-black-soil-64862738.jpg

I think we only take a transfer if we're down to two guys headed in to a given year.

Hooker is the guy this year, and to me it's not all that close. Milton looks the part, has the arm, but the accuracy isn't near close enough. And he's not as fluid a runner as hooker is either.

The good news, Milton has time. So it kinda depends on him at this point.

Milton has 3 years of eligibility left (counting this year) . If they find a way to fix the "yips" he could be dangerous. Right now that looks like a BIG if, but stranger things have happened.
Depth chart still shows Milton as QB1. Wouldn't surprise me he goes back to being a starter when completely healthy.

VN Store

Back