National Average Price of Gasoline Hits an All-Time High

Spoke with a driver for XPO Express? today when I was at a community waste water plant. He said they get diesel for $4+ gallon based on contract and how they as an "$18B company " get such a great rate, while saying their depot fuel was empty and they were issues "fuel cards" to procure wherever.

That sound accurate? I told him the contract is probably going to have to be renewed at some point. If accurate, even "big dogs" have the boogie man inflation that we have not even seen yet.

Some of the big guys buy fuel on futures. But if they bet wrong it can bite them big time.

Spoke with a driver for XPO Express? today when I was at a community waste water plant. He said they get diesel for $4+ gallon based on contract and how they as an "$18B company " get such a great rate, while saying their depot fuel was empty and they were issues "fuel cards" to procure wherever.

That sound accurate? I told him the contract is probably going to have to be renewed at some point. If accurate, even "big dogs" have the boogie man inflation that we have not even seen yet.

Like most companies with large trucking fleets, XPO likely entered into a hedging/derivative instrument to hedge the cost of fuel and they guessed correctly. If the price dropped to $3, then they wouldn't look as smart.

It’s going to get very bad. High inflation, high interest rates, and a housing market that is going to shrink dramatically. Money will get extremely tight for everyone, manufacturing will decline, and social wedge issues will fracture an already difficult situation.

Reactions: tbwhhs
There are reports of gas station in Washington reprogramming it’s digital price boards to accommodate a ‘10’ prior to the decimal point.

No way the average person making 15 to 20 per hour can afford that. That’s 200 a week on a mid size SUV. It will crash the entire country within 30 days. The cost of goods will skyrocket and people won’t even make enough to work.

Reactions: tbwhhs
The only good thing about high gas prices and inflation in general is that it hurts the the most impoverished in this country that voted for SloJo and his Cackling Ho. But hey! Enjoy that $15 hour minimum wage!
Seemed like a good idea at the time. Just a little research on Joes past and knowing a little bit about what is going on in the world would have stopped this. Common sense lost when 81M voted for a guy in a basement.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Seemed like a good idea at the time. Just a little research on Joes past and knowing a little bit about what is going on in the world would have stopped this. Common sense lost when 81M voted for a guy in a basement.

Slo Jo issued his leftist commie “America Last “ plan well before the election for all to see but I doubt very read it. I’ll post the link one more time for anyone that’s interested.

https://joebiden.com/wp-content/upl...pDap3RZ9hH-BWk6EQ8gXUweQr1aiIJzn2OJOIi9JyKRxs

Explain to me how this is the democrats' fault

Certainly not all of it is the Democrats’ fault, but a lot of it is. Oil is a futures market. Notice how quickly it reacts to policy changes from the US. If Biden came out tomorrow and said he was going to open up drilling and encourage policy to bring more domestic oil to the market as soon as possible, the price on the futures market would immediately fall. And prices at the pump would follow. Biden has done the opposite, and it’s supporting higher prices.

But what matters most is perception. Biden is in office, and he’s going to get the blame from most people. Like Bush and the hurricane. Or Trump and Coronavirus deaths. Biden told us he would not be an excuse president, so I’m waiting for him to own the gas prices, inflation, coronavirus deaths on his watch, etc.

Explain to me how this is the democrats' fault
It's like most things political . . . it's because they're in power. The majority gets too much credit for good things that happen while they're in office and too much blame for bad things. Biden clearly didn't cause all this, but he hasn't exactly done all the things he could to slow it down either.

Certainly not all of it is the Democrats’ fault, but a lot of it is. Oil is a futures market. Notice how quickly it reacts to policy changes from the US. If Biden came out tomorrow and said he was going to open up drilling and encourage policy to bring more domestic oil to the market as soon as possible, the price on the futures market would immediately fall. And prices at the pump would follow. Biden has done the opposite, and it’s supporting higher prices.

But what matters most is perception. Biden is in office, and he’s going to get the blame from most people. Like Bush and the hurricane. Or Trump and Coronavirus deaths. Biden told us he would not be an excuse president, so I’m waiting for him to own the gas prices, inflation, coronavirus deaths on his watch, etc.

Straight truth. Mere comments by him would drop prices almost immediately. A couple of actual actions, another drop. He won’t do it.

Anyone going “not his fault” needs to stfu.

Like others have stated, not all his fault. But he is doing the opposite of addressing the pain. Tangible example: Biden's admin raised the royalty charged gas companies to extract oil by 50%. That is passed to consumer eventually.
Yep…. And his messaging is terrible…. He does not give anyone confidence at all that he can lead us out of this mess.

Reactions: Majors
Like most companies with large trucking fleets, XPO likely entered into a hedging/derivative instrument to hedge the cost of fuel and they guessed correctly. If the price dropped to $3, then they wouldn't look as smart.
Airlines have been doing this for decades. Mine owns a refinery

VN Store

Back