Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

The 10x number was probably accurate in the spring and early summer. Probably closer to 3-5x now with the amount of tests being done.

So 75 mil to 125 mil.

Either way, I think the push to normalcy has already begun. For several reasons, as the infected increase you constantly add more people to the pool of people that are comfortable with getting back to normal. You also have the buffoons that cant think for themselves, but instead rely on signaling from their elected leaders. These elected leaders have changed their tune in the past week.

Reactions: newyorkvol
The 10x number was probably accurate in the spring and early summer. Probably closer to 3-5x now with the amount of tests being done.
I think you are probably correct with that estimate.

Also, it continues to appear that some unknown chunk of the population is not susceptible to the virus, demonstrated by incomplete penetrance in families, lack of illness despite obvious exposure, etc. The most plausible theory would be cross-protection via recovery from other CVs.

I think you are probably correct with that estimate.

Also, it continues to appear that some unknown chunk of the population is not susceptible to the virus, demonstrated by incomplete penetrance in families, lack of illness despite obvious exposure, etc. The most plausible theory would be cross-protection via recovery from other CVs.

Agree. And though I personally think immunity could be much less than 70%, even using that number and current vaccination rates are Looking promising.

Maybe Iโ€™ll be able to catch a Vols football game this fall.

Herd immunity is said to be around 70%.
25 million have had it.
200 million will have been vaccinated by july
By current estimations.

Should be pretty close to โ€œnormalโ€ by end of summer. Hopefully. Please.

You think 200 million will choose to be vaccinated? I'm not so sure. That seems a little high to me but we'll see.

Reactions: VolnJC
That's interesting...

On Wednesday, you had about 60 posts on Biden's first day in office. (Optimism)

From Thursday to now you've only had 12. (Pessimism???)

https://www.volnation.com/forum/search/986916/
I wouldn't read to much into that. It has more to do with my schedule than anything; but if there is a correlation at all it would be as optimism goes up, posts go down.

So Biden's plan is twofold
1) Masks required in federal buildings (they already were)
2) 100 million vaccine doses in 100 days (last week we already averaged 1.06 million per day)
So his plan is to continue the Trump administration?
View attachment 343350

Pedo Joe is a master of plagiarism. This is just a warm up for CommeSlut.

Reactions: VolnJC
California daily cases are much higher now than when he shut them down....wonder if there is something else driving this announcement?

LOL Trying to save his job at this point. The sad thing is that it will probably work. People are just like abused dogs. Stop beating them and sadly they come right back to you.

As best I can tell itโ€™s because studies havenโ€™t been completed on the possibility of asymptomatic spread after vaccination. In the initial studies, there were too few asymptomatic positive patients to actually make a statistical assessment, so those studies will take longer to get adequate power.

At first glance though, it looks like it can reduce asymptomatic spread by at least 2/3โ€™s.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2035389

Edit:
And currently, it looks like 1/3 cases are asymptomatic. So that would mean after vaccination about a 1/10 chance of asymptomatic if youโ€™re the 1 in 20 that would get it at all after vaccination. So, a 0.5% chance of being an asymptomatic carrier after vaccination if the data holds going forward.

ACP Journals
But by all means, promote these vaccines as being essential.

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back