Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

They were shutting down their states and cities until the messiah got into office.

Want to bet there'd be no talk of opening if Trump had won?
Of course they would still be shut down, this is all political masks and shutdowns. It's a damn shame dem governors and mayors forced millions out of business, some lost everything and I am sure suicides were up and all because Trump bad

I have a question for those of you who lean left. Lefties usually are as distrustful of big corporations as I am of politicians. So the question is:

Do you trust Moderna with its statements about the vaccine? and if you do why they get a pass if you distrust other corporations?
Corporations are evil. Also why is it taking so long to get my corporate made vaccine?

Reactions: volinbham
Lel
What's The Deal, Steve Highlander?
While listening to the school board meeting on Thursday night, School Board Member Steve Highlander made a comment that he had been teaching all day. I was a little confused and started searching. It didn't take me long to find out that Highlander teaches at Ringgold High School.

So let me get this straight. He was teaching in person at a Georgia school, then came to Hamilton County and denied the wishes of a majority of parents in his district (70/30 according to his own statement) to reopen the schools for in person learning? This type of situation and mentality is part of what is wrong with our local school system.

I think you are probably correct with that estimate.

Also, it continues to appear that some unknown chunk of the population is not susceptible to the virus, demonstrated by incomplete penetrance in families, lack of illness despite obvious exposure, etc. The most plausible theory would be cross-protection via recovery from other CVs.

The same reason kids are more immune.

I have a question for those of you who lean left. Lefties usually are as distrustful of big corporations as I am of politicians. So the question is:

Do you trust Moderna with its statements about the vaccine? and if you do why they get a pass if you distrust other corporations?
I don’t completely trust any company’s statement regrading much of anything.

That said, I just completed the second dose of Moderna’s vaccine... so, away we go.

Reactions: McDad
I don’t completely trust any company’s statement regrading much of anything.

That said, I just completed the second dose of Moderna’s vaccine... so, away we go.
Are you simply weighing the statement made and trustworthiness against the risk/reward of the vaccination?

Are you simply weighing the statement made and trustworthiness against the risk/reward of the vaccination?

I guess the best way to put it is that I trust the individuals that are putting in the work to develop the vaccine and I also trust vaccine science in general. What I don’t trust is a corporation putting out general statements that suggest “there is nothing to see here.”

I still have concerns about the steps that were skipped to put out these vaccines while simultaneously appreciating the work that went into getting them out. I’m taking the vaccine understanding that there is moderately increased risk to myself (due to expediency) but generally believe in the mRNA technology and I think the benefit to myself, my family, and my patients still far outweighs the risk.

Reactions: Weezy and McDad
I guess the best way to put it is that I trust the individuals that are putting in the work to develop the vaccine and I also trust vaccine science in general. What I don’t trust is a corporation putting out general statements that suggest “there is nothing to see here.”

I still have concerns about the steps that were skipped to put out these vaccines while simultaneously appreciating the work that went into getting them out. I’m taking the vaccine understanding that there is moderately increased risk to myself (due to expediency) but generally believe in the mRNA technology and I think the benefit to myself, my family, and my patients still far outweighs the risk.
Thanks for sharing your perspective.

Reactions: OHvol40
I saw an article yesterday about still wearing your mask after being vaccinated, and the person said really masks should stay with us for good. Brilliant.

I don't think that masks will be mandated in perpetuity, but I'll put it this way. Prior to 2020, you'd see a fair number of Asian individuals wearing masks in American metropolises and essentially no one else; if you walked down Gay St. wearing a mask, for instance, you'd be considered by everyone to be a total weirdo.

Going forward, there will be a sizable portion of the population (5%, maybe as high as 10%) that wears a mask no matter what and an even larger chunk who will wear them when they feel sick.

I saw an article yesterday about still wearing your mask after being vaccinated, and the person said really masks should stay with us for good. Brilliant.
Send me a link to that if its no trouble for you to do so. If you dont feel like it, no worries

VN Store

Back