The Official PlayStation 5 Thread

That sounds like a new Legend of Dragoon game. Or maybe Castlevania?

Lol they're just trolling. Theres like 6 or 7 game references in that tweet...

Castlevania
Resistance
Syphon Filter
Demons Souls
Twisted Metal
Metal Gear Solid

I would love a new Syphon Filter. We havent had a new one since Logan's Shadow on PSP and it was really good. However Sony Bend Studios makes that one. Metal Gear Solid is a Konami property and so is Castlevania. Resistance is made by Insomniac. Really the only two realistic possibilities on that list are Demon's Souls and Twisted Metal.

Last edited:
Lol they're just trolling. Theres like 6 or 7 game references in that tweet...

Castlevania
Resistance
Syphon Filter
Demons Souls
Twisted Metal
Metal Gear Solid

I would love a new Syphon Filter. We havent had a new one since Logan's Shadow on PSP and it was really good. However Sony Bend Studios makes that one. Metal Gear Solid is a Konami property and so is Castlevania. Resistance is made by Insomniac. Really the only two realistic possibilities on that list are Demon's Souls and Twisted Metal.
Bluepoint talked about a Dragoon remake last year. It's mostly wishful thinking on my part. I'd love a new entry in that series.

That sounds like a new Legend of Dragoon game. Or maybe Castlevania?

I think if I could pick anything from that tweet, it would be a 3D Dark Souls-esque remake of Symphony of the Night. A Dark Souls-inspired Castlevania game in general would be amazing IMO.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
I think if I could pick anything from that tweet, it would be a 3D Dark Souls-esque remake of Symphony of the Night. A Dark Souls-inspired Castlevania game in general would be amazing IMO.
The Lord's of Shadow games were the last attempt at Castlevania. They were more like Devil May Cry or Darksiders than Dark Souls though. Lament of Innocence was favorite of the 3d Castlevania's.

I'd love to see a direct sequal to Symphony of the night in the old style. I do love me a good Metrovania game. With the success of the Netflix show and Bloodstained, it would make sense. I'm not as big on the Dark Souls type games as many. They seem to be everywhere lately though. If they were to do a Castlevania in that style I'd probably play it.

Thursday's event has been postponed due to the current events going on
Hey bro, thought about you last night while talking to some guys about the old days in the zone and didn't know if you were aware that My3 passed away. If you already knew, sorry to bother you.

Hey bro, thought about you last night while talking to some guys about the old days in the zone and didn't know if you were aware that My3 passed away. If you already knew, sorry to bother you.
Good to hear you buddy. Just don't post in here as much as I used to. Yeah I heard about it and its hard to deal with. He was a great guy and so young. Hope you are well my man.

Reactions: Behr
That sucks. I hadn't heard

Tons to unpack from the reveal. More than anything I was glad to see some variations in art styles.

It looks huge based on the mockups of it next to the series x.

It looks huge based on the mockups of it next to the series x.
Small footprint when vertical, but yeah that thing is crazy tall. I still don't like the disc drive on the bottom configuration we seem to be getting this generation.

Not sure how I feel about the design honestly. Its so radically different than anything I expected, which I KIND OF like but then again I kind of don't. Im definitely getting the all digital version, as I already have a stand alone 4K player and I don't buy physical games anymore. Oh well whatever. Its going in my entertainment center cabinet anyway.

Spiderman: Miles Morales

Gran Turismo 7

Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Project Athia

Demon's Souls

Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart

Pragmata

Returnal

Horizon: Forbidden West

Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Oddworld: Soulstorm

Godfall

Little Devil Inside

Resident Evil 8: Village

Stray

Destruction AllStars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNO1k5NCDOk

Hitman 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ji23AV6J2s

Last edited:
Reactions: JCHateSteve
Some new information regarding peripheral compatibility with PS5...

PlayStation 5: Answering your questions on compatible PS4 peripherals & accessories

Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?

• Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
  • The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
  • The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
  • Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.
Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles.

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Sony has updated the PS5 accessory website with detailed features and better images. I have to say, the entire PS5 product line up from the system to the accessories looks CLEAN! Bravo to the design teams on creating some sexy looking hardware! They must have poached a bunch of former Apple designers.

DualSense wireless controller | The innovative new controller for PS5 | PlayStation

PULSE 3D wireless headset | The official 3D audio headset for PS5 | PlayStation

PS5 Media remote | Control all your PS5 entertainment | PlayStation

PS5 HD camera | Official HD camera for PS5 | PlayStation

ps5-group-hardware-image-block-01-en-11jun20

PS5 uses exotic liquid metal cooling system...

Sony patent for APU liquid metal cooling and Gamernexus saying this is a part of PS5 cooling system

WO2020162417 ELECTRONIC APPARATUS, SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICE, INSULATING SHEET, AND METHOD FOR MANUFACTURING SEMICONDUCTOR DEVICE

sFhEIdpjf0PBvlqXZhBsMw1MVzUxPMoPPV4gH5XGwhXzLTmde0Sqc3SP29uj0qys0O01Qba9kDHVUHWyJPB6BWSSQ-HkQBoBh8fn6k9SGQnh5PmGwa_61Wvjm_HxqNi54zH8znnVZSkyFj6Z2W0WZBSrWxizD3a_85XqxUE8K38

Asus are using the same method on their upcoming gaming laptops.

New cooling patent filed by SIE : PS5

So this in conjunction with the earlier patent could be the exotic cooling solution they came up with.

VN Store

Back