Formula 1 Thread

You must, it's a real sight. But I would suggest going to the 24 at Spa or the WEC 1000km because if you go for F1, you need at least a Silver ticket to be able to see Eau Rouge and Radillon. They fence it off with sponsor billboards so people with a bronze ticket can't see it. I know that from experience.

That stinks, but I suppose they know where their bread is buttered.

You must, it's a real sight. But I would suggest going to the 24 at Spa or the WEC 1000km because if you go for F1, you need at least a Silver ticket to be able to see Eau Rouge and Radillon. They fence it off with sponsor billboards so people with a bronze ticket can't see it. I know that from experience.

Oh I'm aware. I'm also willing to spend the extra cash if I'm going that far for F1. Currently we are eyeing 2015 or 16 as when we are going.

Oh I'm aware. I'm also willing to spend the extra cash if I'm going that far for F1. Currently we are eyeing 2015 or 16 as when we are going.

Fair enough. I am sure you will love it. The biggest problem with Spa is that the Belgian Automobile Club has almost no money, so the circuit facilities are almost non existent. It's extremely basic. The media centre for instance is a joke - almost impossible to work at sometimes.

Alonso or Hamilton are going to need a win this week to give their respective title chances hope. If seb runs off and wins this thing, you could pretty much put a fork in the championship.

Alonso or Hamilton are going to need a win this week to give their respective title chances hope. If seb runs off and wins this thing, you could pretty much put a fork in the championship.

Yeah, you are probably right. Seb could do with a couple of retirements too.

Yeah, you are probably right. Seb could do with a couple of retirements too.

That would be refreshing.

Merc says they have done some work on their low downforce package for monza. Still seems like they are hoping for results at Singapore and Japan and tracks of those sort. It would be huge if Merc does well at those sort of places because those are traditional RBR strongholds.

The championship is already over. Sebastien is in another league on the late season flyaway tracks.

If you're going to have any chance at nipping Vettel to the championship, you need to gap him by many many points before that last flyaway group. Since joining Red Bull he has an average finish of 1.7 at the late season flyaways. His record at these tracks is staggering, and it's only going to get worse from now on since Michelin is coming back. I still cannot believe he doesn't get his due for what he's done. He is a more perfect Michael Schumacher.

If you're going to have any chance at nipping Vettel to the championship, you need to gap him by many many points before that last flyaway group. Since joining Red Bull he has an average finish of 1.7 at the late season flyaways. His record at these tracks is staggering, and it's only going to get worse from now on since Michelin is coming back. I still cannot believe he doesn't get his due for what he's done. He is a more perfect Michael Schumacher.

I respect what he has done. I just can't stand him. I still think schumacher was better and a more well rounded racer.

I don't see where you are getting this Michelin stuff from. How do you know who a tire will benefit, when they haven't even signed a contract to supply tires, much less actually made a tire yet?

I just looked at practice 3. We could be in for a Vettel snoozer.

Last edited:
Wow, neither Hamilton, nor Raikkonen made Q3. Should be interesting to see what happens in the race tomorrow for those two.

I caught that on a Sky Sports reply right after I posted. I feel kinda bad for Lewis.

Props to Hulkenberg for starting third and poor Ferrari, their Q3 strategy failed big time.

I caught that on a Sky Sports reply right after I posted. I feel kinda bad for Lewis.

Props to Hulkenberg for starting third and poor Ferrari, their Q3 strategy failed big time.

You're kind of a new face round here. Welcome to the thread! Who is your driver? You watching Sky in the UK or do you have a stream?

I watch Sky here in the US if I get up early enough for FP1 or FP3.

Not all hope is lost. I could imagine that if Merc really wants to gamble on rain, they go ahead and tamper with the car during parc ferme, and set it up for rain. They would have to start from dead last or pit lane, but it could pay off big. In the alternative, they could stick with what they got and pray for King Lewis to get a mega start and a first few laps and make up the spots. Or just general changeable conditions mayhem could see him climb up. That said I am trying to remember the last changeable conditions race where Lewis really blew me away was Silverstone 2011.

You're kind of a new face round here. Welcome to the thread! Who is your driver? You watching Sky in the UK or do you have a stream?

I watch Sky here in the US if I get up early enough for FP1 or FP3.

I've posted in here a couple times before, but that was way back during the Vettel/Webber team orders debacle. I don't really have a favorite driver atm, but Raikkonen is the one I keep my eye on the most. I catch Sky on a stream since I don't have NBCSports. As much as I like the old Speed team, I like Sky's team and coverage better.

I agree that not all hope is lost for Lewis, especially if it rains tomorrow. Hamilton in the wet is a sight to behold.

Perez and Button made Q3 wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I've posted in here a couple times before, but that was way back during the Vettel/Webber team orders debacle. I don't really have a favorite driver atm, but Raikkonen is the one I keep my eye on the most. I catch Sky on a stream since I don't have NBCSports. As much as I like the old Speed team, I like Sky's team and coverage better.

I agree that not all hope is lost for Lewis, especially if it rains tomorrow. Hamilton in the wet is a sight to behold.

Sky does a good job. They have such a big crew on the ground, that it really adds to the spectacle.

Perez and Button made Q3 wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Congrats! They need a good weekend. Especially a podium. If they don't get a podium this year that would be the first time since 1980. I'm not a fan of McLaren anymore, but I don't hold that much ill will against them.

Congrats! They need a good weekend. Especially a podium. If they don't get a podium this year that would be the first time since 1980. I'm not a fan of McLaren anymore, but I don't hold that much ill will against them.

They have been atrocious this year. I still hold out hope that Button will be let go.

Figured Nerd would get a kick out of this. Thermal camera shot of an F1 car taking corners.

uZFCLgS.gif

VN Store

Back