'16 TN ATH Darel Middleton (Tennessee signee)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
1376614.png

Tight end
Powell, Tennessee
Powell
View Map
Ht:6'6"
Wt:230 lbs
Class:2016 (High School)

Darel Middleton - Yahoo! Sports

Carlos Younger just posted these highlights from Darel's Freshman year. Beast. Carlos says he's a lock for #1 player in TN in 2016.

Darel Middleton Class of 2106 Freshmen Highlights - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tweeted that picture of him getting tackled to Recruiting Coord. Azzani...

Absolute monster @ WRU? Yes, please.

Reactions: RollerVol
New Offer 2016 Prospect

Tennessee offered 2016 prospect Darel Middleton from Powell.........they are recruiting him as a DE.......IMO he will be the #1 prospect in the state for his class and a national recruit.....

-Carlos Younger

Reactions: 1 person
Recruiting the 2014 class, and we're offering 2016 kids. I think Dooley was decent at recruiting, but this never happened with Dooley. Really like seeing this. It's what the top programs do.

Reactions: 2 people
Recruiting the 2014 class, and we're offering 2016 kids. I think Dooley was decent at recruiting, but this never happened with Dooley. Really like seeing this. It's what the top programs do.

Yea now a days you have to recruit three years ahead to keep up.

“It was really good,” Middleton told InsideTennessee.com. “I really liked the coaches and everything. I had never been up here before. The facilities are really nice. It was good to come up here and talk to the coaches.”

“It was good watching the first practice,” he said. “It really put something in me. It made me want to go out and work even harder so I can get there.

“I talked to Coach Jones and Coach Bajakian quite a bit. It was really good talking to Coach Jones. I talk to Coach Azzanni too. I went to the wide receiver meeting and talked to Devrin (Young) some too.”

“Really Tennessee is the only school that is recruiting me right now,” he said. “I am pretty high on Tennessee right now. I have grown up a Tennessee fan being from here. It is awesome to get an offer. I am just a freshman. I am just all smiles right now.”

-Scout

Darel Middleton Class of 2106 Freshmen Highlights - YouTube

Reactions: 3 people
He may be a freshman in school, but he is much older than his freshman teammates, by two years. Still a sloppy route runner and definately takes a bunch of plays off if the ball is not coming his way. Is a stud D end. Can be a bit of a punk on the practice field. Let's hope this offer doesn't go to his head.

Reactions: RollerVol
He may be a freshman in school, but he is much older than his freshman teammates, by two years. Still a sloppy route runner and definately takes a bunch of plays off if the ball is not coming his way. Is a stud D end. Can be a bit of a punk on the practice field. Let's hope this offer doesn't go to his head.

Dang... I mean he will mature and improve his next 3 years. I trust the coaching staff on this decision.

"I don't even lift weights," Middleton said. "I do at least 50 pushups and 50 setups. I do a lot of jump roping. I feel like I can only get better because I know I can get stronger. That's something I'm going to be working on this summer. I'm going to be in there every day. I'll be starting down at Johnny Long's (former Vol strength coach who has a local training facility) in about two weeks and I'm going to be there every day."

"That's always been my goal," Middleton said. "I've always wanted to play at Tennessee. To get out there and see the intensity during practice, I wish I could be out there with them. They were all intense. They had times when the played around, but they got after it and it was very impressive."

"When I was growing up, basketball was bigger with coach Pearl," Middleton said. "I met coach Fulmer at football camp when I was younger. I met some players too and that's when I wanted to play football for Tennessee. Then I went to basketball camp and met coach Pearl. Then I wanted to play basketball at Tennessee."

"My biggest strength on defense is coming off the edge and making that sack that gets the crowd pumped," Middleton said. "At wide receiver, I love to catch the ball and make plays. I love to break tackles and sometimes I just run by them, but I love contact. I love to hit people and that is something that brings me joy."

-VQ

Reactions: 6 people

Calm down Madden. It's only an offer.

VN Store

Back