'16 TN ATH Darel Middleton (Tennessee signee)

@PANTherBOII_33: class of 2016.. 6'6" 230lb WR/TE AGGRESSIVE DEFENSE END!! MAN YOU CANT BEAT THAT.. JS #VFL #VOLS #81

He's ready to pull the trigger as soon as he can.

darel middleton ‏@PANTherBOII_33
might go up to spring prac. saturday.. how about that.. #UT #Vfl #81

Maybe just didn't notice it before, but did we really pursue anybod 2 recruiting classes ahead during the previous 3 years? Seems like we were behind on offering people just one class ahead, and now we are ahead on prospects 2 years ahead.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Maybe just didn't notice it before, but did we really pursue anybod 2 recruiting classes ahead during the previous 3 years? Seems like we were behind on offering people just one class ahead, and now we are ahead on prospects 2 years ahead.

Yeah, it's called actually putting in some time and effort into recruiting, something the old staff didn't seem to do too well.

I think we had that slow turnaround or 'being behind' due to Dooley's effort compared to Jones and also because Jones recruited elite players at Cincy(Not saying he got them). Dooley recruited Mid-Major guys and had no reason to recruit Major prospect because whose gonna pick La Tech over a SEC, ACC, or even Big East program. I really like the Jones hire.

Some coaches "get it" when it comes to recruiting and others dont. Jones gets it, Dooley IMO didn't. It all starts with putting in time and effort at relationship building with these kids, their coaches, their parents, their neighborhoods and on and on. The previous staff was really bad at that but good at alienating and/or pissing people off that mattered. If Jones also didn't feel that way then why would he feel the need to apologize like he did to recruits and coaches/parents in last year's class for Tennessee miserable recruiting efforts prior to him taking over?

They were also way behind with offers. That goes back to Dooley wanting to see every freaking kid "live" or in camp before he offered. It hurt them big-time. Terrible philosophy.

Last edited:
and the insanity of it all, is everything you said is an understatement
MH, How's goes it Brother?
:hi:

Agreed!

Things are going well. Been extremely busy for the last several months but things are finally settling down again.

Apparently Middleton will be a Vol when the the opportunity presents itself. Talented, versatile athlete. Hate the fact he is a Powell Panther, but if he signs with UT, that can be partially redeemed.

darel middleton‏@PANTherBOII_33 57m
I THINKK IM GONNA COMMITT TO THE #vols this weekend.. if thats possible
darel middleton‏@PANTherBOII_33 54m
i think im gonna stay in state i dont care if BAMA COMES IM BLEEDING #ORANGE...
darel middleton‏@PANTherBOII_33 43m
thier is no greater program than the university of Tennessee.I know, for a fact that @coach_jones & co. will win MULTIPLE Natl. titles!!!
darel middleton‏@PANTherBOII_33 32m
@UTVols_Sara of course i have some plans for saturdays games dont be surprised
darel middleton‏@PANTherBOII_33 27m
#CLASSof2016 im gonna be the first vols fan in my #Family...
-Middleton's Twitter.

Reactions: 15 people
Don't care if he is a '16 recruit. If he bleeds Orange, let him tell the world. Telling bama to shove it is just a bonus IMO. Go ahead Darel, tell the recruiting services your a VOL.

Reactions: 2 people
Just wondering... If he is able to commit would it be a huge pickup? :p

Reactions: 1 person
Imagine the benefit of having a couple '16 commits from the best players in TN on board this early and the boost it could have to that recruiting class. We have Stewart already on board and working the '15 class. Middleton and maybe Williams for the '16 class if things go well. It would be HUGE having kids recruiting their peers for 2-3 years and trying to get them to join them.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back