Derek Dooley to Cowboys (merged)

He was a grade A jerk to his coaches, his players and employees that worked under him at the university. On top of that he threw in the towel his last year, especially in recruiting. He is not cut out for coaching and never will be.

Reactions: 1 person
No matter what anyone thinks he still gets 5 large from the university...

Personally if i had that in my bank account i could coach as i see fit...with not a care in the world ( no pressure)

Sorry but i bet he feels like he's on top of the world...i would

He was a grade A jerk to his coaches, his players and employees that worked under him at the university. On top of that he threw in the towel his last year, especially in recruiting. He is not cut out for coaching and never will be.

So u r saying that bosses that are grade A jerks are never successful?? Thanks for continuing the pusafication of this nation.

So u r saying that bosses that are grade A jerks are never successful?? Thanks for continuing the pusafication of this nation.

Not at all, but if you are gonna be that way, you better be successful. He was not even close.

No matter what anyone thinks he still gets 5 large from the university...

Personally if i had that in my bank account i could coach as i see fit...with not a care in the world ( no pressure)

Sorry but i bet he feels like he's on top of the world...i would

Exactly. I see him taking the SMU HC gig if it were to open up anytime soon. June Jones has already tried once a few yrs back to get out of Dallas and I just think he fits here especially at smu. Dooley would be perfect for that job. Harts son is the AD there too. So I think it would be a telling sign if it were to open up and if Hart Jr contacted Dooley for it or not. At smu he can be chill with the job and be less stressed out about it and could win. The UT job came with way to many issues and was buried in it from day one.

Prostateville. Undercuts and skirting the subject. You go girl. Nothing like smoke and mirrors to mask impotence.

I was just on the Derrick Green thread and I saw where we got crossways...I used FIDO to support your point that the DG thread should be dropped because he's not a Vol..f it and drive on is what FIDO stands for..no dog reference..if that's where it started I hope we're cool if not oh well I'm not going anywhere
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Exactly. I see him taking the SMU HC gig if it were to open up anytime soon. June Jones has already tried once a few yrs back to get out of Dallas and I just think he fits here especially at smu. Dooley would be perfect for that job. Harts son is the AD there too. So I think it would be a telling sign if it were to open up and if Hart Jr contacted Dooley for it or not. At smu he can be chill with the job and be less stressed out about it and could win. The UT job came with way to many issues and was buried in it from day one.

Good prediction...could see it happening
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Not at all, but if you are gonna be that way, you better be successful. He was not even close.

I understand. But we all know the situation in the AD. Look at the stupid lawsuits. So people are going to say things and be pissed but it might be one sided. Imagine going into that situation and not having to be a jerk 24/7 even though he may not wanted too.

There r 2 different type of employees. The ones that take everything personal and the ones that know it's just business. I tell my employees in the hiring process that if i yell at you don't take it personal. I have things on my mind and it just may come out. Move on don't hold grudges.

I think hinshaw is the type of guy that understood this.

A recent FB post:

Hi VOL Fans,

We have some events coming up in February and March so mark your calendars:

• February 21st we are sponsoring the SEC Mixer at 3rd Base Bar and Grill in Frisco, TX. Starting at 6:00pm until…
• February 16th we are hosting the men's basketball viewing party as we take on Kentucky at home. Tip-off is at 12:00 pm CST.
• March 3rd we host a viewing party for our Lady Vols as they take on Kentucky. Tip-off is at 2:30 CST.
• March 9th we host a viewing party as the VOLS take on the MO Tigers for a 3:00 pm CST Tip-off.

We hope to see there!
GO VOLS and Lady VOLS

The SEC Mixer is an interesting get together. Members from most of the SEC Alumni groups have a happy hour once a month, can have from 50 to 500 (season kick-off party) people show up.

Last edited:
Wow, it's been a while since I've seen so much butthurt out of one poster on VN. That butchna guy is so mad.

Anyways, Dooley will just be in Dallas long enough to see Jason Garrett get fired by his megalomaniac boss.

Last edited:
Josh Briscoe, who happens (or I guess the proper word is "happened" now) to be a Cowboys fan, just tweeted this:

I think when Briscoe says he's a cowboy fan, this is what he means

Young-cowboy-rodeo-AR620517-064s.jpg

I think it's crazy that now the Gruden to the cowgirls is the new thing in Dallas. That Garrett is now on a short leash and that Gruden is in the wings waiting. I even heard a radio guy this morning saying he thinks that Gruden is on the grassy knoll and going to be announced this SB wknd.

After seeing what this crap did to my beloved Vols I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, but it is the cowgirls sooooo I might be cool with it. What sux is I think Garrett is solid guy so sucks for him that's for sure.

Ha . Dooley is a loser. He lost at LT, he lost here, and he would lose at SMU. Its not like anyone will ever give him a HC job again anyway. I'm sick my team hired this incompetent loser.

@nickeatman: He has not been hired .. Doesn't look like it will at the moment “@DGardner_I: @nickeatman Wasnt Derek Dooley hired as WR coach?”

A writer for the cowboys

and saban never gave dooley any position with any large level of responsibility.

he named major applewhite offensive coordinator at 29, muschamp d-coordinator at 30, and smart d-coordinator at 32.

people can dismiss it all they want, but no one has ever wanted him to be a coordinator.

You keep saying this and you're still wrong.

Doesn't look like he got the job.
@BryanBroaddus: I am hearing now that the Derek Dooley isn't a hire for WR coach and Garrett is still working thru names. He has yet to make a call there.

Ha . Dooley is a loser. He lost at LT, he lost here, and he would lose at SMU. Its not like anyone will ever give him a HC job again anyway. I'm sick my team hired this incompetent loser.

Well I'm sure your wife/gf, and all your ex's think the same thing about you once they found out how proud you were of being such an awesome Internet ecoach.

Only someone that has a chip on his shoulder would comment they way you do.

I actually think that this is just a rumor that Dooley leaked out there hoping that he would get hired. Don't think it is a done deal.

Derek learned this trick from Fulmer

As always you are making accusations that you can not prove.

I actually think that this is just a rumor that Dooley leaked out there hoping that he would get hired. Don't think it is a done deal.

Derek learned this trick from Fulmer

Its been on the news in Dallas. This media isn't that amateur to fall for something Dooley put out there. Now they will fall for the Gruden crap but not something Dooley put out. Garrett and Dooley are good friends and Garrett does believe Dooley is a good coach. So not doubt he at least gave his name to jones to consider/interview.

Now knowing how both are I can see the 2 butting heads and why it wouldn't workout. JJ doesnt like to be questioned and Dooley is to smart not to question things.

VN Store

Back