'Tis the season: Guns ! Guns ! Guns!

Because they are basically unenforceable. How are you going to make people keep their guns in safes at home? Are you going to have cops do random checks to make sure? Have check points like drunk driving ones to search cars to make sure no "assembled" guns are in there? They going to have set times you can have the gun out of the safe?

The State of Florida requires people to keep guns secured by some kind of lock when they are not being used. If a gun owner's child shoots somebody with a gun left unlocked, then the owner is criminally liable.

Has anyone done a study on these shootings, comparing events in states with carry laws vs states without or banning handguns?

Excellent point when have you read about mass shootings in the state of Texas or Mississippi, two of the loosest gun law states in the country.

This is a true story about a town in Mississippi that had an old law that required every citizen own a gun. Of course the law wasn't enforced but for the most part most citizens owned a gun. A drifter comes through town and decides to rob a gas station. The clerk laughs and says you don't want to do that hear, gunman yells and tells her to give him the money. She laughs again and says I would rethink that and points behind him. When he turns around three patrons of the store are standing there guns drawn. The man quickly leaves the store and was never seen again in that town. What is better no guns or citizens that can defend there lives.

Reactions: 1 person
You are still responsible for the gun. Forever. You must keep paying for insurance.

The only way out is to sell to another insured and licensed person.

Who gives a SH*%! about insurance or money? This idea does nothing to solve the problem. All it does is result in a greasy field adjuster showing up along with the swat team too late do do anything but walk around and look important. Sorry - I have NO love or trust for insurance or insurance companies.

Reactions: 1 person
What's the alternative? Crawl into the fetal position under a desk and wait to get executed?

An SRO officer that is armed who resides in or near the main office(s) (I have a school with two in mine) with a bank of security cameras pointed at all other entrances. And just to be clear an SRO officer (at least in my district) is a full fledged Police officer who works for the school corporation so he wouldn't be a mall cop.

Who gives a SH*%! about insurance or money? This idea does nothing to solve the problem. All it does is result in a greasy field adjuster showing up along with the swat team too late do do anything but walk around and look important. Sorry - I have NO love or trust for insurance or insurance companies.

Hey, he is a lawyer, what did you expect.:birgits_giggle:

I'm an advocate of outlawing frying pans because they've been used to kill???? Do we need to insure those as well? Get a grip, in this most recent tragedy the kid killed his mother and STOLE her licensed firearms to commit a crime with. So only the good guys get to carry,bullish!t. Secure the schools like a daycare with access limited to parents or guardians with id

As far as outlawing guns why not outlaw cars as well, could of easily just drove thru a playground at recess. The answer sounds more like maybe we should just be prepared that it can/could happen to anyone at anytime anywhere with any weapon.

I'm an advocate of outlawing frying pans because they've been used to kill???? Do we need to insure those as well? Get a grip, in this most recent tragedy the kid killed his mother and STOLE her licensed firearms to commit a crime with. So only the good guys get to carry,bullish!t. Secure the schools like a daycare with access limited to parents or guardians with id

Not that I disagree with you at all, but they didn't let this guy in. He shot his way in... literally. He shot up the front door and went from there. And that policy is in place. You MUST check in at the office and be on the list of approved guardians if they are to have contact with the child.

Not that I disagree with you at all, but they didn't let this guy in. He shot his way in... literally. He shot up the front door and went from there. And that policy is in place. You MUST check in at the office and be on the list of approved guardians if they are to have contact with the child.

Given the world we live in there should a RSO stationed at every school across country at the front door, but we often hear it scares the children. My daughter is 7 and she knows that a police officer is there to help protect her and her friends from bad people. It's time to educate our young children that there is bad people in this world instead of protecting them from the truth and kids would not be afraid/scared of RSO at the front door.

First the episode in Washington State at the mall, now the one in Connecticut at the elementary school. When will you guys finally admit that guns possession in this country is way, way too easy?

I don't think many people would fail to admit this. What you can't seem to admit is that no law will change this reality.

Given the world we live in there should a RSO stationed at every school across country at the front door, but we often hear it scares the children. My daughter is 7 and she knows that a police officer is there to help protect her and her friends from bad people. It's time to educate our young children that there is bad people in this world instead of protecting them from the truth and kids would not be afraid/scared of RSO at the front door.
I agree with this.

The solution for gun violence in schools is really easy:

1) Put a lock box physically attached to every teacher's desk
2) Secretly designate half a dozen teachers to keep pistols in their lock box

If you can't trust half a dozen teachers, just f-ing shut down all the public schools. This is the perfect solution because nobody but the 6 teachers and the principal know where the guns are so it's totally safe, and enhances security. It's very unlikely anybody would choose to shoot up a school with several armed teachers.

Maybe the rest of the country should follow what the city of Kennesaw, GA has been doing since 1982. It is mandatory that at least 1 person per household carries a gun. Crime rate is almost zero. So, all of you ANTI-GUN people out there....there's your proof it works.

"Kennesaw crime statistics report an overall upward trend in crime based on data from 11 years with violent crime increasing and property crime increasing. Based on this trend, the crime rate in Kennesaw for 2012 is expected to be higher than in 2010."

Source: CityRating.com

SROs are typically placed in high schools. Sometimes middle schools. It's hard to justify that kind of investment for a K-4 school. Not a lot of drugs and gangs in those schools, and that is really the focus of an SRO.

The solution for gun violence in schools is really easy:

1) Put a lock box physically attached to every teacher's desk
2) Secretly designate half a dozen teachers to keep pistols in their lock box

If you can't trust half a dozen teachers, just f-ing shut down all the public schools. This is the perfect solution because nobody but the 6 teachers and the principal know where the guns are so it's totally safe, and enhances security. It's very unlikely anybody would choose to shoot up a school with several armed teachers.

And are we going to train kindergarten teachers how to use guns? Adding more guns is not the answer. Almost 10,000 people a year die by gun murder unlike countries like Great Britain or Germany where it's less than 50.

Let's take a look at statistics that matter (not gross statistics), gun homicides per 100,000:

United States: 2.98
Austria: 2.9
Belgium: 2.43
Israel: 1.86
Norway: 1.78
Denmark: 1.45
Italy: 1.28
Iceland: 1.25
Germany: 1.1
UK: 0.03

Austria has stricter gun laws than America.
Belgium has some of the strictest gun laws in the world.
Norway has very permissive gun laws.

Let's take a look at statistics that matter (not gross statistics), gun homicides per 100,000:

United States: 2.98
Austria: 2.9
Belgium: 2.43
Israel: 1.86
Norway: 1.78
Denmark: 1.45
Italy: 1.28
Iceland: 1.25
Germany: 1.1
UK: 0.03

Austria has stricter gun laws than America.
Belgium has some of the strictest gun laws in the world.
Norway has very permissive gun laws.

Norway requires a license for the ownership of all firearms including rifles and shotguns. Additionally, they have a very strict gun storage law that permits the police to make home inspections.

I advocate making possession of a handgun illegal, unless the party 1) purchases and maintains insurance on the mis- or accidental use of the gun. If you keep the gun and drop the insurance, that is a criminal offense. You forfeit the gun and go to jail. 2) you must keep the gun in a safe at home or, if in the car, disassembled. No more concealed carry except for law enforcement. 3) Anyone caught with an unlicensed gun faces felony charges. Possession alone is enough and it is a minimum mandatory sentence of at least 6 months.

The first two are asinine.

I assume you want a constitutional amendment to repeal the second amendment? If not, then I am not sure how a "lawyer" such as your self believes such legislation should/ought to be passed. Such legislation pretty much gives the bird to the second amendment.

The first two are asinine.

I assume you want a constitutional amendment to repeal the second amendment? If not, then I am not sure how a "lawyer" such as your self believes such legislation should/ought to be passed. Such legislation pretty much gives the bird to the second amendment.

And opens the gate for others to be repealed.

Saying that this event proves the need for gun control is not political. It's common sense.

The right dismissing valid calls for gun control as "political" are disgusting. And whats more, dismissing calls for gun control as political insults those poor children and their families.

1) Common sense? Really? These things are never simple and absent of complexity.

2) I love how you only call out the "right" who is asking not to politicize a national tragedy but do not call out the left and the POTUS for attempting to exploit the death of 20 children in hopes of advancing their political agenda.

Amendments to the constitution have already been repealed.

I know. But only one has. The 18th which was used to take away alcohol. That went well. The only amendment to be repealed was an amendment that suppressed what people liked. None of the Bill of Rights has. Liberals would love it.

Last edited:
BTW...the guns used to kill those children were registered to his mother (whom he shot and stole the guns from).

Those preposing legislation to limit the ability for those with "mental diseases" from obtaining guns legally need to seriously reconsider your positions. Such legislation would not have prevented the terrible events of yesterday from transpiring.

VN Store

Back