Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF it's about money I'm sure he'll listen but NO DC takes a step down when they have already been a position coach and DC at a BCS school. You act like Nix is a little known coming from a FCS program he's been a DC at SC, Ole Miss and USM..he's not leaving for a position job when DC job will come his way again. Hell, what do I know...Tubberville left TT for Cincy.

Nix applied to the LB position coach at OU when their DC left for Clemson. He would jump if offered.

This forum seems to have a variety of info without conflict. Plus Skeeter. So I'm finding myself clued to your forum for info.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure if true, but chatter on aubs boards about Tommy Thigpen, DB then LB coach, to UT. He would make a difference in Lawson's recruitment.

Reactions: 3 people
That tweet came from a TV state report in Alabama. I am trying to verify it. As I had mentioned last night I think that the last defensive hire will be someone with SEC ties and like will be a minority hire.

Hubbs on Thigpen

So does anyone know if Jones has told any current commits to start looking around yet?
I know its early on in the process, for him, but I was just wondering. I know he doesn't wanna burn any bridges without having some ins on some better recruits but Dooley was starting to fill out this class with La Tech level players just to get commitments.

Nix applied to the LB position coach at OU when their DC left for Clemson. He would jump if offered.

he was also out of work at the time...2 weeks later he was named the DC at MTSU.

I'm sure Steele would jump at the chance to get back into coaching .. FSU reported Nix was on their hotboard but doubtful he would leave MTSU just for a chance to be a position coach.

Believe what you like but until he takes a position job after being a DC I'll stick with coaching logic.

Last edited:
Huge news if we did, in fact, hire Thigpen.

Lawson has been my #1 or #2 want for the 2012 class, going back and forth with Green, for a while. Thigpen could go a long way with Lawson....I hope.

It looks like Thigpen would be a very good addition to the staff.

I found this on Wikipedia.
An exceptional recruiter, Thigpen has been named one of the nation's top 25 recruiters on three occasions: in both 2007 and 2009 by Rivals.com and in 2011 by 247Sports, ESPN and Rivals.com. Thigpen was also awarded the 2011 Scout.com/FoxSports.com SEC Conference Recruiter of the Year

Thigpen would be a great recruiter for UT.

Thigpen/Graham/Martin/Martinez plus the core of his Cincy staff that he is familiar with (and really have impressive resumes if you look at them) will provide a good balance of new SEC blood to a staff that he has been successful with in the past. The four mentioned will add pipelines in important states like FL,GA,Bama,Carolinas, etc. and they are proven high level recruiters. The core from Cincy should make the transition easier as he doesn't have to retrain an entirely new staff to his systems and they know what he asks from them. Plus they can help get the other coaches up to speed on the way Butch wants things done. IMO one would have to really nitpick to find something negative about that staff, if it materializes. Personally, I'd feel pretty good about that staff.

It looks like Thigpen would be a very good addition to the staff.

I found this on Wikipedia.

Thigpen has solid ties in SW fla( Ft Meyers area) and NC/SC. IIRc he took over the Mobile area once Craig left for FSU. Think he'll be your ST coach also. Was the STC under Meyer at BG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back