Recruiting Forum: Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not expected 10-2 either. I think 6-7 wins next year is a pretty good year. I think Peterman will start over Worley simply on scheme. Jmo

Until they name him the starter I disagree. But I honestly hope they play the guy that gives them the best chance to win. Hell if they wanna take AW and run him out there I'll support it, maybe we could be the first team with a true freshman qb to win the Heisman.

Until they name him the starter I disagree. But I honestly hope they play the guy that gives them the best chance to win. Hell if they wanna take AW and run him out there I'll support it, maybe we could be the first team with a true freshman qb to win the Heisman.

AW would be awesome. Hope he comes

“To our letter-winners: You are the foundation,” Jones said. “You will have an open-door policy at our practices. You have laid the foundation for us to have much success for many years to come, and I’m a firm believer (that) our letter-winners are the program, and they will be welcome back at any time.
“I look forward to getting to know everyone.”
Several former players clearly — and immediately — appreciated the gesture. Two of them sent text messages to govols247 during the press conference.
“HE GETS IT!” one former Vol texted.
“Good start!” another texted.

Wanted to reiterate this from the press conference. This is going to really help our program. Dooley burned some bridges with former players.

Reactions: 1 person
OC- Mike Bajakian
RB- Jay Graham
OL- Don Mahoney
WR- Tee Martin
TE/ST- Dave Johnson or Mark Elder

DC- John Jancek
DL- Steve Stribling
LB- Kevin Steele or Tyrone Nix
DB- Willie Martinez

Staff update, the italicized names are my guesses. The others are assumed to be hired or are hired. Would be an elite staff.

Are Steele and Nix really being considered for the LB job? I hadn't heard that, but it wounds like it would be a great hire.

Elder and Johnson are probably good coaches, but I'd prefer to see someone who has experience coaching special teams here.

Not really sure what the current topic of the board is right now, but would anyone know why Chavis would have just now landed in Knoxville?

My boss just called and said he saw him walking through the airport with LSU sweats on.

Sorry if im late on any of this

but Darin Hinshaw has been hired by UK per UK media via twitter.
CBJ will be in midstate today recruiting
and expect to hear something on Tee late tonight (he has a big buyout) fwiw

PS- im officially changing my name to BUTCHplease in show of supports! don't treat me like a noob when i come back

Not really sure what the current topic of the board is right now, but would anyone know why Chavis would have just now landed in Knoxville?

My boss just called and said he saw him walking through the airport with LSU sweats on.

His son still lives here I'm pretty sure running wolfclan combat sports on oak ridge hwy

Paul Harris tweet

@HollaAtchGwolla: Coach Butch Jones @UTCoachJones said he's going to come by Thursday and visit the family #VolNation

Reactions: 3 people
Are Steele and Nix really being considered for the LB job? I hadn't heard that, but it wounds like it would be a great hire.

Elder and Johnson are probably good coaches, but I'd prefer to see someone who has experience coaching special teams here.

unless Nix has been let go by MTSU I don't see him stepping down as DC to take a LB gig. I know it's UT and the SEC but the guy has paid his dues at SC and USM so he'll be a DC or HC in another year. Diaz went from MTSU to Miss State to Texas.

unless Nix has been let go by MTSU I don't see him stepping down as DC to take a LB gig. I know it's UT and the SEC but the guy has paid his dues at SC and USM so he'll be a DC or HC in another year. Diaz went from MTSU to Miss State to Texas.

Steele would be a steal. Sorry....

Seriously though, if Jones convinces him to take an LB job, we would get a bargain. Nix is doubtful, he seems to be on the way up, not down, as far as title goes

It's going to be an exciting week with the coaching staff being solidified, coaches on the road, and hearing what the recruits think of jones.

Nix is a "Co"-Defensive Coordinator making a little over $100K, if that much. He would be interested if the call was made.

I like that Butch Jones and Jay Graham will be on the road recruiting together. You get that sense of comfort from the coach that has been here, but you also get that sense of excitement from the new coach.

Reactions: 1 person
I really hope we get to see some more behind the scenes/all access type videos. I love to see in depth looks at what goes on during meetings and practices and stuff like that.

Nix is a "Co"-Defensive Coordinator making a little over $100K, if that much. He would be interested if the call was made.

IF it's about money I'm sure he'll listen but NO DC takes a step down when they have already been a position coach and DC at a BCS school. You act like Nix is a little known coming from a FCS program he's been a DC at SC, Ole Miss and USM..he's not leaving for a position job when DC job will come his way again. Hell, what do I know...Tubberville left TT for Cincy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back