Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought.

I know lots of people think that Hart leaking that the meeting was cancelled as a smokescreen and that's a POSITIVE thing.

But what if this is Hart leaking it to let everyone know "Hey, we tried to get him, but he cancelled", thus saving face with the fan base for not getting him?

100% agreed, or I hope so for Dave Hart's sake. Tidbit of info to add insult to injury from yesterday. Researching Al Golden, when he was D coordinator at UVA guess what defense he ran? The Sal Sunseri 3-4

What were the stats? The two teams playing in the SECC game, and for a berth in the NCG, run the 3-4 with pretty good results. I think it's less about the schemes, but how well they are run...

I think you are reading too much into what I said. I am still confident in my guys and the info I've been given all along. But things have tightened up, and I wouldn't trust much that is coming out right now based on what we've seen the last couple of days.

Just as predicted.

I think you are reading too much into what I said. I am still confident in my guys and the info I've been given all along. But things have tightened up, and I wouldn't trust much that is coming out right now based on what we've seen the last couple of days.

Smokescreen.jpeg

Just a thought.

I know lots of people think that Hart leaking that the meeting was cancelled as a smokescreen and that's a POSITIVE thing.

But what if this is Hart leaking it to let everyone know "Hey, we tried to get him, but he cancelled", thus saving face with the fan base for not getting him?

Then he's chickens*** for not being straight up.

I don't think that's the case, though. Hart is smooth.

Honestly out of Golden, Fedora and Jones...I prefer Golden....just threw up a little.

Golden: Turned Temple into a decent program, got caught up in the Miami flak;
Fedora: Allowed 68 points to an awful Georgia Tech team...
Jones: Lost to Dooley...

Or we could have just stuck with Dooley and saved $5 million if these are really our alternatives

Reactions: 1 person
At least you guys have something to hold tight too. The rest of us are clinging to what you guys provide; for which I am very thankful.

Well where I am is I have a former member of the AD that was there for many many years tell me as late as last night he is still hearing Gruden from the people he trusts and still hearing a Friday announcement. Says Golden not a possibility

Then less than 12 hours later one of the biggest boosters and supporters of UT Athletics says "Gruden is not coming". Also says Golden not a possibility

Thus the confusion.

At this point I will choose to believe Gruden is still coming, or at least there is a strong likelihood they will get this done. Boro is definitely right, there is information in all different directions and I am having a hard time trusting any "recent" information and choose to revert back to information that has yet to be refuted.

OMG Since 5pm yesterday 350 post

So all of you with nothing to do...Want to do a power point presentation some data entry or excel speadsheets?

I can't keep up so At this point......I am just gonna watch the news ...you guys a stressful
I now understand the popularity of Jack Daniels with Tennessee fans

OK who remebers when the cheerleaders would say Te ..nn.e..ss.ee. Tennessee? and then the band would scream ee.ss..nn.et eessennet
That one and the band trashing a hotel in Memphis got us threatened not to get to go to the Bowl game(like their were alot of bowl games but I digress)

The AD pays for the band...but hey the cheeerleaders wore new Nikes every game:birgits_giggle:

Well where I am is I have a former member of the AD that was there for many many years tell me as late as last night he is still hearing Gruden from the people he trusts and still hearing a Friday announcement. Says Golden not a possibility

Then less than 12 hours later one of the biggest boosters and supporters of UT Athletics says "Gruden is not coming". Also says Golden not a possibility

Thus the confusion.

At this point I will choose to believe Gruden is still coming, or at least there is a strong likelihood they will get this done. Boro is definitely right, there is information in all different directions and I am having a hard time trusting any "recent" information and choose to revert back to information that has yet to be refuted.

I get the confusion - but at least they both say no Golden!

Thus the confusion.

Is it possible that all of the OG's info is coming from the UT side. The ball is now in Gruden's court to make a decision?

Thus the confusion.

Booster saying its a no go the same one that was trying to close deal on Tuesday and Wednesday???

Boro does not run and hide.

I just haven't had any new info....good or bad. My guys are in the dark right now, and the way this is being run would not lead me to being confident in whatever I was told.

Morning Boro! Losing a few % or did I misread your post?

OMG Since 5pm yesterday 350 post

So all of you with nothing to do...Want to do a power point presentation some data entry or excel speadsheets?

I can't keep up so At this point......I am just gonna watch the news ...you guys a stressful
I now understand the popularity of Jack Daniels with Tennessee fans

OK who remebers when the cheerleaders would say Te ..nn.e..ss.ee. Tennessee? and then the band would scream ee.ss..nn.et eessennet
That one and the band trashing a hotel in Memphis got us threatened not to get to go to the Bowl game(like their were alot of bowl games but I digress)

The AD pays for the band...but hey the cheeerleaders wore new Nikes every game:birgits_giggle:

That was an incoherent rambling of a crazy person. The hell are you talking about?

Reactions: 4 people
Whenever I began to get enough info to get on the Gruden train there was one point that was repeated to me over and over:

Gruden wanted it all done his way. Period. That included the fact that he didn't want it to appear that he was pushing Dooley out. TIFWIW

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back