Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so frustrated with this. I have never been a part of something like this form the position I am in. I have a hard time knowing what to believe. I have very very solid sources saying it is close to finalized and will be announced by the weekend (they said this as late as last night) and some very very solid sources saying "Gruden is not coming". I am putting my faith in those that say it is still likely to happen and not those that say he is not, both because I trust the what the former say more and because they are telling me what I want to hear lol.

I am just ready for this to be over either way. It seems either Hart has got Gruden lined up or he is worse than we had ever feared Hammy being. If Ainge is right, and I think he is just providing banter, but if Hart has not even started the search outside the initial talks with Gruden then we MAY have the worst AD in all of D1 football.

There are names I would be ok with outside Gruden, I just WANT TO KNOW FOR SURE. Is that too much to ask? If its not going to happen just say it, the silence makes me think there is work left to do but it is still alive. I am losing my mind with all this.

Just want to know if Hart is a stealthy commando AD or a clueless Hammy intern.........and not much room in between imo.

I agree, I have never seen anyone demand so much cloak and dagger secreacy. My fear is that his ego leads us on and every other good candidate goes by and we get stuck with an 0-12 Fedora or Golden. Time for Hart to ball up and draw the line in the sand and say if you really want to be here this is the best deal, if you don't say so and we will go get someone else.trailing behind like a lost pup never does you any good. Precisous time is slipping away.

Boro does not run and hide.

I just haven't had any new info....good or bad. My guys are in the dark right now, and the way this is being run would not lead me to being confident in whatever I was told.

I still believe it will be Gruden, but your loss in confidence worries me a little...:ermm:

No tasty misunderstood? It is garbage if you been here the whole time you would have a clue to who is the coach? Friendly question? When did u come in the gruden thread.

And, for the record, not trying to spew anything. Gun shy from the Dooley hire, and though Hart isn't Hamilton, have trouble trusting him. I go back and forth to 100% in to 'maybe everyone that is in the know is wrong.' Not nullifying any info, just my cautious nature in general.

I am so frustrated with this. I have never been a part of something like this form the position I am in. I have a hard time knowing what to believe. I have very very solid sources saying it is close to finalized and will be announced by the weekend (they said this as late as last night) and some very very solid sources saying "Gruden is not coming". I am putting my faith in those that say it is still likely to happen and not those that say he is not, both because I trust the what the former say more and because they are telling me what I want to hear lol.

I am just ready for this to be over either way. It seems either Hart has got Gruden lined up or he is worse than we had ever feared Hammy being. If Ainge is right, and I think he is just providing banter, but if Hart has not even started the search outside the initial talks with Gruden then we MAY have the worst AD in all of D1 football.

There are names I would be ok with outside Gruden, I just WANT TO KNOW FOR SURE. Is that too much to ask? If its not going to happen just say it, the silence makes me think there is work left to do but it is still alive. I am losing my mind with all this.

Just want to know if Hart is a stealthy commando AD or a clueless Hammy intern.........and not much room in between imo.
I understand what you are saying.

We are all hinging on every post and every rumor that arises. Many of us are not getting our work done because of this. Most of us did not expect this to drag out and on like it is. We were warned that this would be drawn out and to expect a big smokescreen to protect all of the parties involved and allow them room to operate.

I doubt that we get much positive news today and most of the word will be on the bad side. That means that these guys need for time and space to take care of matters and make sure that it is a good fit. If it is not, then we will hear a new name emerge by the end of the weekend.

Why would someone threaten him...really...I have had some less-than-honorable back and forths with a couple of people, but threats? Is that where we are at now?

Wasn't trying to argue earlier but yes this is where were at everyone is running the reliable in the know posters out

Reactions: 1 person
I understand what you are saying.

We are all hinging on every post and every rumor that arises. Many of us are not getting our work done because of this. Most of us did not expect this to drag out and on like it is. We were warned that this would be drawn out and to expect a big smokescreen to protect all of the parties involved and allow them room to operate.

I doubt that we get much positive news today and most of the word will be on the bad side. That means that these guys need for time and space to take care of matters and make sure that it is a good fit. If it is not, then we will hear a new name emerge by the end of the weekend.

Agreed. I also think other factors may be involved. I am considering the idea that someone's agent is driving this bus right now.

I could hear the Golden presser now, "First off we would like to thank the University of Florida for paying for all of Al's airfare to help make this happen. Also want to thank the University of Georgia for providing all meals, and pastries. Finally, the University of Alabama for offering to pay moving expenses."

Thanks for sharing Carter. I'm with you. Just ready for it to be over.

So you're no longer trusting the info you were told?
In other words, your guys are no longer certain of Gruden?

Just trying to understand.

I think you are reading too much into what I said. I am still confident in my guys and the info I've been given all along. But things have tightened up, and I wouldn't trust much that is coming out right now based on what we've seen the last couple of days.

Reactions: 6 people
Honestly out of Golden, Fedora and Jones...I prefer Golden....just threw up a little.

Golden: Turned Temple into a decent program, got caught up in the Miami flak;
Fedora: Allowed 68 points to an awful Georgia Tech team...
Jones: Lost to Dooley...

^ This

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back