The Championships, Wimbledon

I like the favorites: Djoke and Murray.

Who ya got?

I love Federer but I don't see how he can beat Djokovich. Regardless, I think the two will be battling it out for the right to stomp on the hopes and dreams of the British (yet again) :)

I am going with Tsonga. He is the player most gifted with athletic ability and has a way of making things happen to his advantage. I don't like Tsonga and hope I'm wrong. Murray must be under immense pressure to win THIS slam. I think that will be too much for him.

I believe IF Federer still has the ability to defeat Djokovic, he will do so tomorrow. This is where it will happen. On the grass at W. These are the moments that Federer steps up and makes a statement.

No doubt Djokovic is playing strong. If RF doesn't bring a special performance, I say Nole in 4 close sets.

I am going with Tsonga. He is the player most gifted with athletic ability and has a way of making things happen to his advantage. I don't like Tsonga and hope I'm wrong. Murray must be under immense pressure to win THIS slam. I think that will be too much for him.

I believe IF Federer still has the ability to defeat Djokovic, he will do so tomorrow. This is where it will happen. On the grass at W. These are the moments that Federer steps up and makes a statement.

No doubt Djokovic is playing strong. If RF doesn't bring a special performance, I say Nole in 4 close sets.

Do you think Tsonga is a better athlete than Djoke? I'm not so sure I think so.

Do you think Tsonga is a better athlete than Djoke? I'm not so sure I think so.

I'm not either, but I tipped the scales towards Tsonga on 'pure' athletic ability. There is another word to describe Djokovic's special ability but it hasn't come to me yet. He is the total package.

The scary thing is Djokovic has yet to reach his full athletic potential.

The bottom line is that Djokovic's athletic ability + superior tennis skill and acumen totally trumps whatever athletic ability Tsonga possesses.

I'm not either, but I tipped the scales towards Tsonga on 'pure' athletic ability. There is another word to describe Djokovic's special ability but it hasn't come to me yet. He is the total package.

The bottom line is that Djokovic's athletic ability + superior tennis skill and acumen totally trumps whatever athletic ability Tsonga possesses.

Tsonga is serving out of his head right now, though. Makes a big difference in a match. Bad news is, Murray's weak second serve has gotten markedly better. It should make for an interesting match. I'm glad I get to actually see the matches for the next few days. I'm filling in for the night guy the next few days and then back on for four, so I will be a tired puppy, but not so tired I can't watch.

Djokovic has something really special. I sorta feel stupid that I didn't realize how crazy athletic he was until he started dominating, but I didn't.

Anyway, I can't describe it one word either, so give me a couple sentences. What Djokovic is able to do is utilize his length and flexibility to improve his court coverage and court positioning. Think about how guys on clay slide into their shots. This allows you to cover more court because the slide lets you take one or two fewer steps out wide in the direction of your momentum.

Well, Djokovic takes that concept and applies to hard courts and grass. He isn't the first person that has ever slid on a hard court -- hell, I slide around pretty well on a hard court (I love the sound of it) -- but his gumby-ness allows him really utilize the effectiveness of the slide. He essentially gets to ball out wide while always staying (mostly) inside the court. So, while I'm not sure if he is faster than Rafa in a 20 yard dash, his court coverage on everything but clay is better. And he conserves energy by being so efficient in his movement.

Tsonga is serving out of his head right now, though. Makes a big difference in a match. Bad news is, Murray's weak second serve has gotten markedly better. It should make for an interesting match. I'm glad I get to actually see the matches for the next few days. I'm filling in for the night guy the next few days and then back on for four, so I will be a tired puppy, but not so tired I can't watch.

He is serving really well. Murray is a good returner too. Should be a good matchup.

The women's final will be mostly grunt-less, although I think the term 'grunt' is a little generous. It should be more like 'she's like a cat giving birth' commentary.

As much as I like Fed, Im going with Djokovic. Fed just doesn't have it like he once did, and he's declining. But if Fed is going to beat Djokovic, it will be on grass.

All in all, I want to see Fed get his 7th.

Fed started strong and never backed off. Even though ESPN claims Djoke "dominated" the second set, it seemed more like Roger was just a hair off with everything. He got it back and never looked back. Djoke knew he was done early in the fourth set, at least it appeared that way to me.

Thats probably the best I have seen Fed serve in a long time. Zero double faults and won 70% of second serves. That would have been tough for anyone to beat.

I would be cheering for Federer regardless, but I don't want to see Murray win this.

I enjoy seeing the British wallow in futility.

Fed started strong and never backed off. Even though ESPN claims Djoke "dominated" the second set, it seemed more like Roger was just a hair off with everything. He got it back and never looked back. Djoke knew he was done early in the fourth set, at least it appeared that way to me.

Djoke didn't dominate the second set, but he was better. The Djoke of the second set is the joke I'm used to seeing.

Federer served amazingly well. He was better in the first and third. In the fourth, Djoker quit.

VN Store

Back