Orange & White game

ThreatLevelOrange

Wish that I was on ol’ Rocky Top
Should be a little better this year. We will have about 70 scholarship players in action that day. With the roster attrition, it has been closer to 60 guys the past few years. That has skewed the stats and the play of certain units. It will be nice to field 2 sets of OL without a walk on in the starting 5.

I'm expecting big things this Spring. Go Vols!!

Reactions: 5 people
I wonder if they'll have a draft-type format this year? I think it only works if you have a team with a lot of depth.

Orange and White game tells you nothing about what to expect come September. Remember Bray going something like 4 for 30 in the O & W game, then we saw him pretty on target when healthy in the regular season. It's a glorified practice more for fans and media.....that's really it.

Reactions: 3 people
Orange and White game tells you nothing about what to expect come September. Remember Bray going something like 4 for 30 in the O & W game, then we saw him pretty on target when healthy in the regular season. It's a glorified practice more for fans and media.....that's really it.

Yep

i know its just a glorified practice, but would love to see 70,000 plus in the stands. Would be a good way to start what could be a good year. We could all sure use a good year after the last few we have had.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I would rather see the 1st offense against the first defense 2 against 2 don't like the draft.

I agree. The draft is BS. Play the 1s on offense against the 1s on defense. Do kickoffs and punts just like real game. On a change of possession, put in the 2s offense against the 2s defense. The subs would be the 4 deep for the 1s and the 3 deep for the 2s. This would be much more competitive and meaningful IMO.

i can't get into that game. last year was horrid. isay about 20,000 , if that will show up.

For one thing, last year was very windy and cold. The sunny, 55 degree day that was predicted turned out cloudy, breezy and uncomfortable. Bray didn't have Hunter on his side and he and D'arrick just couldn't get on the same page. Plus he only had a couple of his starting OL to protect him. It was painful and ugly. But I'll be back this year looking for a lot better game.:good!:

Reactions: 3 people
I would rather see the 1st offense against the first defense 2 against 2 don't like the draft.

Agreed. This team needs to come together on both sides of the ball, but especially with the defense installing a new scheme. Playing the 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 2 would be better than splitting them up like last season.

For one thing, last year was very windy and cold. The sunny, 55 degree day that was predicted turned out cloudy, breezy and uncomfortable. Bray didn't have Hunter on his side and he and D'arrick just couldn't get on the same page. Plus he only had a couple of his starting OL to protect him. It was painful and ugly. But I'll be back this year looking for a lot better game.:good!:

Agree. The weather sucked last year. Will be there again this year with the in-laws...their first trip.

i know its just a glorified practice, but would love to see 70,000 plus in the stands. Would be a good way to start what could be a good year. We could all sure use a good year after the last few we have had.

You must be dreaming, the Vols are coming off a 5-7 season, and a lose at ky jelly to end the season, not to mention that was the first loss against ky jelly in 26 years. If 25,000 are in the stands that would be a good turnout for this game.

You must be dreaming, the Vols are coming off a 5-7 season, and a lose at ky jelly to end the season, not to mention that was the first loss against ky jelly in 26 years. If 25,000 are in the stands that would be a good turnout for this game.
Last year is over,cant hold this team to that I for one look for vast improvement. I have to feel that ,way just so sick of loosing. As far as the O and W game with good weather, and we claim to have the greatest fans. Lets put our money where our mouths are,Lets get it started here on Volnation. Lets show up and support this team. I for one will be there, Lets get it done VOlNATION, only Alabubba should out draw us this spring. Cause we are the best fans inthe SEC..

Reactions: 2 people

Looking back, it seemed like a pretty good indicator of how the season would go.

Agreed. This team needs to come together on both sides of the ball, but especially with the defense installing a new scheme. Playing the 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 2 would be better than splitting them up like last season.

1 against 1 makes it to easy for the fans and media to see exactly which side is hurting the worst. Mixing it up gives the coaches built in excuses for why things dont go as well as they should. The coaches also dont have to worry as much about one side doing extremely well. They can just say, "they did well but lets not forget that they did it against a mock offense or defense, still a lot of room for improvement". JMO

Reactions: 1 person
I went last year with my brother and it was like 40 degrees and windy as all get out. we will be going again this year. I take advantage of the opportunity to watch the new players play. Plus it's not crowded and cheap to get in.

Reactions: 2 people

I remember trying to go to the game with a short sleeve t-shirt on....brrrrr. Ended up buying a huge sweat shirt at Wal-greens to make it throught the day.

Glorified practice for fans....Im going.

You?

Reactions: 4 people
It's a glorified practice more for fans and media.....that's really it.

and it caps off a long couple of weeks for the players. It's for them too

How much are tickets usually? Any tailgating and good times at the game?

I believe they were $5 last time and the gameday is what you make of it. We "tailgate" a little but not like a real Saturday

VN Store

Back