'12 JUCO DE Darrington Sentimore (UT Signee 12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miller is a DE playing DT. I could see him moving to DE maybe if the guys in the middle can hold their own.

Yeah, I knew he was playing out of position. I think he would benefit by moving back to DE. He was a stud DE in HS.

265 looked like it was too much weight at times for Miller to be carrying this past season. If he could drop down to 255 he should be a better fit a DE next year

Reactions: 2 people
This does not get me excited nearly as much as you. It'll be the first year Jacobs is here and O'Brien is a true freshman. We are getting there, but DT is still lacking good depth. The DE's look nasty though.

I agree, it will be improved next year but this group has the chance to be elite in 2013

I am trying not to get too happy now because I could set myself up for disappointment but a D-line of:

DE: Sentimore/Bohannon
DT: Jacobs/O'Brien
DT: Couch/Hood
DE: Autry/Smith

Then you have guys like Saulsberry, Carson, Williams, Walls, and Miller who I haven't even mentioned to go along with Lewis and Taylor of this class.

On passing downs you can go:

DE: Smith
DT: Sentimore
DT: Couch/Jacobs
DE: Autry

Lot of options for Wilcox to work with if we get these guys. Here's hoping to somehow adding McCullers or Shanks as well.

It would be helpful for both Tennessee and for O'Brien if Jacobs, Couch, Carson et. al will allow us to red-shirt O'Brien. A year in S&C and learning the system would be tremendously beneficial for him.

mlsoft

It would be helpful for both Tennessee and for O'Brien if Jacobs, Couch, Carson et. al will allow us to red-shirt O'Brien. A year in S&C and learning the system would be tremendously beneficial for him.

mlsoft

I don't think there is any way we RS O'Brien next year. Dooley's got to much on the line to RS guys that look like they could make an immediate impact. Though if we do get all those guys i think it would be in best interest to RS him. Kids going to be a Stud when he's in SEC shape.

I don't think there is any way we RS O'Brien next year. Dooley's got to much on the line to RS guys that look like they could make an immediate impact. Though if we do get all those guys i think it would be in best interest to RS him. Kids going to be a Stud when he's in SEC shape.

Just depends on how he performs on the practice field.

My guess is that the staff would prefer to RS O'Brien if possible.

265 looked like it was too much weight at times for Miller to be carrying this past season. If he could drop down to 255 he should be a better fit a DE next year

Agreed. Miller needs to drop some weight and get his explosion back that he had coming into Tennessee. A lot of times this happens with prospects though that are forced to move from their natural position of DE to DT. They just add too much weight and lose their best assets as a defensive lineman. There aren't many plays out there like Malik Jackson that can make the transition back and forth so smoothly.

My guess is that the staff would prefer to RS O'Brien if possible.
Please, 'splain then, why a staff would ask a HS kid to forgo his last few months of HS and all the memories that go with it...just to enroll early, knowing you plan to sit him for the year?

Makes perfect sense. :loco: ...or maybe not.

Please, 'splain then, why a staff would ask a HS kid to forgo his last few months of HS and all the memories that go with it...just to enroll early, knowing you plan to sit him for the year?

Makes perfect sense. :loco: ...or maybe not.

There have been plenty of EE's through the years that have redshirted. Every single coach on every single coaching staff out there would love to get every single recruit in early if possible. It is a huge advantage for those kids in every aspect of college life including football.

Reactions: 1 person

True freshmen DTs rarely make an impact.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back