Wouldn't this be beautiful..........

It's crazy. When it's put lilke that, it looks amazing.

Sometimes in my head, it sounds cool, but never this cool.

My problem with 8 teams ... what reward do #1 and #2 get for being so damn good all season?

and exciting if we had a playoff like this.........
Four teams too many. OU,SC, WF, and Louisville have no business having a shot at a National Title. LSU really doesn't , but it takes four to make it work.

I think 16 is fine. that way you make sure you get the best in. But I would settle for 8.
Honestly, Beef. When was the last time going into the bowls that more than four teams had any reasonable argument to be included in the National Title discussion? A 16 team playoff rewards mediocrity. Why in the world should Texas or Auburn have a shot at the National Title?

Honestly, Beef. When was the last time going into the bowls that more than four teams had any reasonable argument to be included in the National Title discussion? A 16 team playoff rewards mediocrity. Why in the world should Texas or Auburn have a shot at the National Title?

Teams get hot at the end of the season sometimes. remember the Steelers last year in the NFL. But hey, I wouldn't argue with a 8 team playoff. But I do think the top teams deserve a bye.

Teams get hot at the end of the season sometimes. remember the Steelers last year in the NFL. But hey, I wouldn't argue with a 8 team playoff. But I do think the top teams deserve a bye.
I just think four is the number. Can't think of a season in my lifetime that a four team playoff wouldn't have been sufficient.

It does look good when it's set out like that, doesn't it?

If I could set it up the way I wanted it, there would be eight teams in the playoff, namely eight conference champions. Eight conferences of nine teams apiece, each of which plays a full round-robin schedule. (Notre Dame would finally have to join a conference or be left out.) Seeding would be based at least somewhat on how good your out-of-conference scheduling is.

Realistically, I think I'd like to see six teams in the playoff, with two teams getting a bye into the next round. Or maybe 10 teams. Whatever you do, I think you have to make any at-large teams serve as wild card teams, playing an extra round. OSU and Michigan would still have been meaningful this year if the loser had to play an extra round against LSU, while the winner got a bye week and got to start off against Wake.

Seasons are 12 games long though. A win in November shouldn't be given more weight than a win in September.

Also, I kind of like 12 teams. 6 conference winners and 6 at large. The top 4 in BCS get byes, then we have 5 v. 12, 6 v. 11, 7 v. 10, 8 v. 9.

Still, 6 or 8 works best, I guess.

Also, just seeing the LSU/USC and Florida/OU match ups make me want this. Plus the possible tOSU/LSU/USC game. AWESOME!

8 is good for me.

Let the rest of the teams play in Non BCS bowls like nothing happend.

The first 4 games can be at the site of a BCS bowl. Then the Semi's and Finals can be played wherever, as long as it is nice. The Orange Bowl (not the actual stadium, but the site where the bowl is held) would be a perfect location for the national championship.

Cool, the visual really lights it up. Not that I was ever against a playoff. USC v. LSU should be fun to watch.

If it's conference champions, then there has to be all 11 included or the organizers (NCAA or not) are going to be sued for billions of dollars.

If it's all at-larges, then recognize that a two-loss SEC champion may well be out of an 8-team playoff no matter what.

VN Store

Back