#4 on rivals

There is a good chance that we won't be #3 in the SEC when it's all said and done(ie, about 8-10 more studs from now).

im sure people will complain about being #3 in the SEC

why would they not? are we supposed to accept being 3rd in the SEC? Im sure Ole Miss, Miss St, Vandy, and SoCar would be happy to be 3rd in the SEC, but Im not. Im happy that we've rebounded from last year's debacle, but I wish we never had to rebound in the first place.

Griping about being 3rd in the SEC while being 4th in the nation in recruiting(especially this early) is "questionable" at best.

UGA-17 of 21 commits are either from Georgia or are coming out of prep/JUCO. We don't have that luxury.

UF-14 of 20 commits are either from Florida or are coming out of JUCO. Again, we don't have the luxury of recruiting so many instate.

I wholy believe that we will finish ahead of UGA and will finish in the top 5. I would say around 4 being behind USC, Texas(unless the loss of Chizik loses recruits), and very near UF(maybe even ahead).

why would they not? are we supposed to accept being 3rd in the SEC? Im sure Ole Miss, Miss St, Vandy, and SoCar would be happy to be 3rd in the SEC, but Im not. Im happy that we've rebounded from last year's debacle, but I wish we never had to rebound in the first place.

Are you serious? You have lost touch with reality if that is the case.

Griping about being 3rd in the SEC while being 4th in the nation in recruiting(especially this early) is "questionable" at best.

UGA-17 of 21 commits are either from Georgia or are coming out of prep/JUCO. We don't have that luxury.

UF-14 of 20 commits are either from Florida or are coming out of JUCO. Again, we don't have the luxury of recruiting so many instate.

I wholy believe that we will finish ahead of UGA and will finish in the top 5. I would say around 4 being behind USC, Texas(unless the loss of Chizik loses recruits), and very near UF(maybe even ahead).

Excellent Points.

"I've lost touch with reality." Give me a freakin' break. What you're saying is that it's ok to be 3rd or 4th in our OWN conference if we're top ten nationally. That's acceptable to you????? So, you're fine with playing second fiddle to UF and LSU and UGA? My coach used to always say that second place just means you're the first loser.

"I've lost touch with reality." Give me a freakin' break. What you're saying is that it's ok to be 3rd or 4th in our OWN conference if we're top ten nationally. That's acceptable to you?????

Yes, because there isn't much of a difference between 1st and 10th anyways when it comes to these, and make sure you read this part, PROJECTIONS. Besides HV broke it down pretty well for you with UGA and UF getting mostly in state guys.

This is a trip. :lol:

Fulmer can't recruit anymore, fire him.

Oh, so it's a top 4 class now, you say? It's not top 3! Fire him.

It's a top 1 class? Well, it doesn't matter, they won't get coached up. Fire him.

I love this place. :lol:

Yes, because there isn't much of a difference between 1st and 10th anyways when it comes to these, and make sure you read this part, PROJECTIONS. Besides HV broke it down pretty well for you with UGA and UF getting mostly in state guys.

so we just lay down and quit because the state of Tennessee doesnt produce as much talent? heck, we cant even hold on to the talent we do produce.

It's a top 1 class? Well, it doesn't matter, they won't get coached up. Fire him.

bro, nobody's saying Fulmer cant recruit, he is very capable, can he coach them up? I say no and you are welcome to your opinion. The point Im really hoping you will understand is that Tennessee deserves more than 3rd or 4th or 5th in the SEC, period.

Besides, it really doesn't mean anything. It's nice and cute to have a highly rated class, but what do the recruiting services know? They shouldn't rate a class until 4 years later when they've actually played.

i believe the saying goes, you can please some of the people all the time, but you can't please all of the people some of the time.

so we just lay down and quit because the state of Tennessee doesnt produce as much talent? heck, we cant even hold on to the talent we do produce.

You just don't get it the UT coaching staff can not control other teams commitments. I mean look at Texas this year it is ridiculous how many kids verbally committed early from that state and no one else even had a shot at them period. So when I look at a number 4 rank I think it is a great year, I will take that any day of the week.

i'll give tidwell this one. i never thought fulmer would have this good of class. true it is 3rd in the east, but as sad as we looked sometimes this year, i'm very happy with the class so far. still need some DB'S and D-LINEMEN, but still alot better than i expected.

I agree with you all that this is a good class, but we're still behind Florida and Georgia and yes, you can never tell how guys will pan out until after they've been on the field, but the services are right more often than they're wrong. last year hurt us tremendously in terms of talent. Most of the starters on starters in the SEC are pretty equal, games are often won with depth and we took a hit with last years class. Im saying that as we look up at some of our SEC bretheren, it's just another sign that we are slipping behind those other guys.

Is there honestly that much of a difference in the overall talent level from 3rd to 4th in the recruiting rankings? Even from 2nd to 5th? I could see the "We're far behind Georgia, Florida, etc." gripe if the Vols had about the 25th rated class again this year, but they don't.

I agree Tid. When I posted that it is hilarious I just meant it has to make you laugh a little that three of the top 4 classes are from SEC East teams right now. Pretty awesome! I would like to finish ahead of UF and UGA though if at all possible.

i alwat figured aout 1-10 were pretty much the same, 11-20 the same, an so on...

especially on something as subjective what kids are GOING to do.

i'm happy with Top 10s.

I agree with you all that this is a good class, but we're still behind Florida and Georgia and yes, you can never tell how guys will pan out until after they've been on the field, but the services are right more often than they're wrong. last year hurt us tremendously in terms of talent. Most of the starters on starters in the SEC are pretty equal, games are often won with depth and we took a hit with last years class. Im saying that as we look up at some of our SEC bretheren, it's just another sign that we are slipping behind those other guys.

i agree we fell behind the pack last year. our talent level took a big hit. i also think it will hurt us real bad in the upcoming year. i thought this year we would be lucky to have a top 20 class though and he has done really well. i just hope some of these players can step in as freshman or we may have a bad season next year.

UF has 20 commits from 6 states. 13 from FL; 2 each from GA and CA; 1 each from AL, CT and MD.

UGA has 21 commits from 7 states. 13 frm GA; 3 from VA; 2 from MO; 1 each from KS, NC and SC.

UT has 21 commits from 8 states. 7 from TN; 4 from VA; 3 from FL; 2 each from NC and CA; 1 each from OK, MD and MI.

UF has 20 commits from 6 states. 13 from FL; 2 each from GA and CA; 1 each from AL, CT and MD.

UGA has 21 commits from 7 states. 13 frm GA; 3 from VA; 2 from MO; 1 each from KS, NC and SC.

UT has 21 commits from 8 states. 7 from TN; 4 from VA; 3 from FL; 2 each from NC and CA; 1 each from OK, MD and MI.

now that's interesting

VN Store

Back