'11 DE OL Trip Thurman

Tough, but I'll go with:
OT #1: James > Richardson
OT #2: Pair < Posey
OG #1: Stone < Jackson
OG #2: Fulton > Kerbyson
C: Gooch < Crowder

2010 (2) < 2011 (3)

Just don't see Stone moving from Center. Also, considering the praises that the staff have lavished on Pair's development, he may be a big surprise in the 2011 season.

I am not trying to claim he is an ideal tackle. His skills are better suited for guard. That is why I am saying it will be interesting once he gets on campus. I mean check out every college roster and how many 6'7 guards do you think you will find?

Hilarious this thread was pulled back up despite Tennessee passing on him in the first place. But you knew someone would do it.

Last edited:
Tough, but I'll go with:
OT #1: James > Richardson
OT #2: Pair < Posey
OG #1: Stone < Jackson
OG #2: Fulton > Kerbyson
C: Gooch < Crowder

2010 (2) < 2011 (3)

I dont look at it that way. That is a skewed comparison to compare the classes, especially considering some of those guys may not even play the positions you are projecting. I mean Stone is a center, not a guard now.

I look at it as the best players from an individual standpoint. And the Top 3 would all be from the 2010 class IMO.

1. James
2. Fulton
3. Stone
4. Richardson
5. Jackson
6. Kerbyson
7. Pair
8. Posey
9. Crowder
10. Gooch

You have to love though what they've done on the OL in those 2 classes if they close with Jackson and Richardson. The only one I see that isn't an SEC caliber player is Gooch.

Also, this gives them the luxury to be very picky with the 2-3 offensive lineman they take in next year's recruiting class.

Last edited:
I am not trying to claim he is an ideal tackle. His skills are better suited for guard. That is why I am saying it will be interesting once he gets on campus. I mean check out every college roster and how many 6'7 guards do you think you will find?

JerQuan Schofield - College Football

For the record, I don't care where he plays. I'm just saying being over 6'5" doesn't necessitate playing Tackle.

Looks he's opening up his recruitment. SOrt of. Not going to UF this weekend and a slew of big time suiters have swarmed in:
Michigan State, Delaware, UCONN, Arkansas, Rutgers and Boston College.

OK, maybe not such a bad idea we passed on this guy. Wonder why Meyer was so intrigued with him?

VN Store

Back