Ht:6'5"
Wt:295 lbs
40:5.4 secs
Bench Max:295
Squat Max:500
Shuttle:5.1
Vertical:22 inches
Class:2011 (High School)

"I have two offers from Rutgers and Maryland," he said. "I got Rutgers on September 5th before I played my first game. Then, Maryland offered me about three weeks when I went down there for a game."

While he has no leaders, Thurman did follow a school growing up.

"As a kid I was big on Tennessee," he said. "My mom and dad both graduated from there. My dad grew up in Knoxville. I've been to a lot of games. I think I'm going to one of their games this season as well."

An all-conference player as a sophomore, Thurman is still growing.

"I was a lot leaner last year," he said. "I was 6-foot, 250-pounds and I grew five inches. The doctor has told me I should reach 6-foot-6, or 6-foot-7."

Thanks Rex, looks like a keep an eye for type of guy and he already bleeds a bit of orange...cool

Trip visited Pitt for the ND game....says he has a lot of contact with his Pitt recruiter and the two are pretty close because both have gone to the same HS. Says Pitt has good tradition and that the game was a great experience. Trip has attended camps at Pitt, PSU, Maryland, and WVU....has visited PSU, Maryland, RU, UVA, and Delaware. Aside from these schools, he is also hearing from Clemson, Michigan, Duke, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt.

Thurman, a 6-foot-5, 295-pounder, showed off the best feet on the day in drills and has excellent instincts. He has a great build with a powerful upper body and thick legs and he is very explosive and sudden. He struggled a bit in one-on-ones mainly because he was lunging, but with a slight adjustment he has the potential to be dominant. Thurman has early offers from Boston College, Rutgers, Maryland, UConn, Wisconsin and others and is hearing from Tennessee, Penn State, Florida State and Oregon. Thurman's parents grew up in Knoxville, Tenn. and his mom went to Tennessee so an offer from the Vols would be special. However, Thurman said it will not factor in his decision.

impressed at the elite lineman camp...

Thurman has early offers from Boston College, Rutgers, Maryland, UConn, Wisconsin and others and is hearing from Tennessee, Penn State, Florida State and Oregon. Thurman's parents grew up in Knoxville, Tenn. and his mom went to Tennessee so an offer from the Vols would be special. However, Thurman said it will not factor in his decision.

DELAWARE DUO

Two of the top offensive linemen at the event came from a state not known for producing talent. Dover, Del., tackle/guard Trip Thurman and Wilmington (Del.) Salesianum School guard Evan Mulrooney were both impressive in different aspects on Saturday.

Thurman, a 6-foot-5, 295-pounder, showed off the best feet on the day in drills and has excellent instincts. He has a great build with a powerful upper body and thick legs and he is very explosive and sudden. He struggled a bit in one-on-ones mainly because he was lunging, but with a slight adjustment he has the potential to be dominant.

Mulrooney, slightly smaller at 6-4 and 275 pounds, didn't stand out as much in drills but was better in the one-on-ones, showing off an aggressive, tenacious style and competing to the whistle each time. Mulrooney got out of his stance quickly and was hard to beat to the outside.

Thurman has early offers from Boston College, Rutgers, Maryland, UConn, Wisconsin and others and is hearing from Tennessee, Penn State, Florida State and Oregon. Thurman's parents grew up in Knoxville, Tenn. and his mom went to Tennessee so an offer from the Vols would be special. However, Thurman said it will not factor in his decision.

Mulrooney doesn't have any offers just yet but is hearing from Rutgers, UConn, Maryland, Boston College, Virginia and others. He grew up a Penn State fan.

"Tomorrow I'm going to Maryland, then Wednesday I'm going to Penn State," he said. "The 17th I'm going to Tennessee and the 24th I'm going to Boston College."

Per Rivals...

He seems very interested in the Vols and will be here for the Orange and White game.

Does not yet have a Vol offer but does hold offers from BC, Cinci, UConn, Maryland, USCjr, UVA, Wisc, and WVU.

Credit the staff for finding a talented prospect with UT connections at a need position all the way in Deleware. Unless he contacted them first.

Thurman was offered by South Carolina late last month, bringing his offer list to 14. I'd really like to land this kid and would especially hate to lose him to Florida, which is a real possibility.

Florida didn’t offer Thurman while he was in town, but Thurman said he plans to return to UF over the summer. “The coaches said they were very impressed with me and they want me to be a Gator, so time will tell,” he said. Thurman said he currently doesn’t have any leaders, but said Florida could shoot to the top of his list if gets a Gator offer.
Offensive lineman visits UF – The Scout Leader - Gator Sports - Gainesville, FL - Archive

"My mom graduated from the University of Tennessee and my dad grew up in Knoxville. I grew up liking them and they were my favorite team," Thurman said.

"I know I wanted to plan a trip down there to see how they're doing and see if they're interested in me because I know I'm interested," Thurman continued.

"It (an offer) would mean a lot. I try not to make my decisions on them offering me. I know I've liked them since I was a little kid, but I'll have to find out what's best for me," Thurman offered.

But, this is far from just the second time Thurman will step inside Neyland Stadium to witness a game. The elder Thurman is a season ticket holder and he took his son to several games when he was younger.

Per Rivals...

looks like he moves really well on film and holds a solid offer list.

He's a DT on rivals. Seems to be athletic, and dynamic, and he certainly has the size to compete. Anyone know where he sits on our boards?

He's a DT on rivals. Seems to be athletic, and dynamic, and he certainly has the size to compete. Anyone know where he sits on our boards?

I agree. IMHO I doubt he's very high but the fact that he's so big on UT is a definite plus for a position of need. Good size, etc. he really could be a diamond in the rough. I hope there's atleast a little contact.

I agree. IMHO I doubt he's very high but the fact that he's so big on UT is a definite plus for a position of need. Good size, etc. he really could be a diamond in the rough. I hope there's atleast a little contact.

Have you seen his offer list? I seriously doubt he leaves Knoxville this weekend without an offer.

I may be wrong, but it feels like we're "slow playing" some outstanding OL prospects (e.g., Thurman, Robinson & Crowder) we should be nailing down.

Last edited:
Did he pick up a UT offer?

nope.

This past weekend he visited Tennessee.

"I just got back on Sunday from Tennessee, it was pretty nice down there," he said. "Then this weekend I'm going up to Boston College for their spring game, and then that's it."

"This past Wednesday my most recent offer came from Florida," he said. "The last week in March we went on a southern tour to South Carolina, Florida and Vanderbilt. Out of that trip, South Carolina offered and I had already had a Vanderbilt offer. When I went down there, the Florida coaches said that they really liked me. They told me to keep in touch, so I've been keeping in touch with them and last week he wanted me to call him about something very important, and coach Addazio offered me."

- Rivals

I may be wrong, but it feels like we're "slow playing" some outstanding OL prospects (e.g., Thurman, Robinson & Crowder) we could be nailing down.

Kyle Harris and Justin floyd could be added to that list as well. But we do lead for Posey, Luatua, Richardson, and Kerbyson. We are having to prioritize with our offers right now cuz we have too many people with us at the top.

Having said that, I believe I would offer Thurman. The only reason I could see us not offering would be the thinking that we could already have Posey, Richardson, and Kerbyson and not really have anymore room for another OT.

jmo

VN Store

Back