SEC basketball

MikeHamiltonFan

Where do you think the league will rank in the 2011 season in comparison to other leagues?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

1. Big East
2. ACC
3. Big XII
4. Big Ten
5. SEC
6. Pac-10

South Carolina isn't making the 'AAs. They won't even come close. Vanderbilt and Georgia are also far from locks.

Totally agree...

but I think Tennessee and Kentucky are top 10 teams... that definitely helps against the other power conferences!

Our conference rank will lie on the performance of Vandy and UGA!

UT, FL, Kentucky have chance at top 10. Vandy also will make the tourney. GA Maybe....out west, there is Miss State who could make the tourney. DOn't know if anyone else has a chance. Maybe Arkansas.

I would say it is lie this next year.

Big East
ACC
Big 10 (Formerly big 12)
SEC
Big 11
Pac 12

I'd say Georgia will be greatly improved this year....UK and UT are pretty much locks for the Tourney.....USCjr should be able to make it as well.....

I don't really see how you could put the Big X or XII over the SEC right now....Big X has OSU, Big XII has KU and the 2nd UT.....that's about it.

I don't really see how you could put the Big X or XII over the SEC right now....Big X has OSU, Big XII has KU and the 2nd UT.....that's about it.

Big XII- Kansas, Texas, Texas a&m, Oklahoma, Baylor, Oklahoma St., Mizzou and KSU are nothing to scoff at....

Big X- OSU, Purdue, Wisconsin, Michigan St., Indiana, Minnesota and Illinois.

SEC- Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vandy, Miss. St.

I listed all the teams that probably have a shot at the NCAA tourney this year. As you can see, the other leagues are deeper than ours and I really don't now how to sugarcoat it....

Last edited:
Oklahoma, Baylor, Oklahoma St., Mizzou and KSU are nothing to scoff at....

I thought about those teams (minus Mizzou), but are they really going to be relevant? We just didn't see much from them except for Baylor, but I'd be surprised if they did as well this season.

I thought about those teams (minus Mizzou), but are they really going to be relevant? We just didn't see much from them except for Baylor, but I'd be surprised if they did as well this season.

KSU did extremely well last year. Oklahoma had to rebuild a bit with the loss of Griffin and I never can count out Oklahoma State. Baylor will also do well again this year.

I just don't see us stacking up to the Big XII or Big X this year. The SEC west is just so weak...

I'm no expert outside of the SEC, but I would put Tex AM, OkSU, Mizzou, KSU, Indiana, Minnesota, Illinois, and maybe OU on the same level as Florida/Miss. St....Depth-wise, I suppose you have a point; quality-wise, I may disagree. But like I said, I'm no expert.

South Carolina isn't making the 'AAs. They won't even come close. Vanderbilt and Georgia are also far from locks.

I don't see the Cocks making into the tourney next season either, good recruiting class or not.

As for the OP question....UK, UT, UF will continously carousel around the top 15 rankings, and fight it out for 1st while Georgia and Vandy go head to head for the fourth tourney slot from the east. Its possible, but I don't think you get more than 4 from one division in the tourney.

I think the SEC lands 3rd or 4th, swapping out with the Big 10.

vandy is such a great fit for the ACC....they should go to the ACC and become a basketball school. they would be playing with DUKE, Wake Forest, North Carolina, and other schools that have standards like theirs. there is no way they can compeate with the rest of the sec talent wise

The SEC East will be powerful as already mentioned, but I believe it will go something like:

1) ACC
2) Big12 (Purdue, OSU, etc)
3) Big (always overrated) East
4) Big 10 (KU, KSU, TX)
5) SEC
6) Pac10

Well in the spirit of things I guess I'll make my own list...

1. ACC
2. Big East
3. Big 12
4. Big 10
5. SEC East
6. Pac-10

Forgot about South Carolina, but Georgia does have a chance. and I guess Vandy does too, but the West is truly horrible.

VN Store

Back