Coaching gigs that are better than UT

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Lane Kiffin said it was a Top 10-15 job as he was leaving us. Pat Forde says it's a Top 15-20 job. I'd like to see what jobs you all think are better than Tennessee....

I like this one...

Florida, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Miami, FSU, Penn St, Ohio St, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska?? Michigan?? but definitely those 10 are better. (USC would be there but the NCAA is going to inialate them)

Florida
Alabama
USC
Texas
Oklahoma
Miami
NotreDame
LSU
Michigan
Ohio State
Florida State
Penn State

Just off the top of my head in no particular order.

Better Jobs:
Texas
Oklahoma
USC
FL
AL
PSU
OSU
UM
Miami
ND

Arguably on par with:
Iowa
FSU
UCLA
Nebraska
UGA
LSU

I like this one...

Florida, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, Miami, FSU, Penn St, Ohio St, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska?? Michigan?? but definitely those 10 are better. (USC would be there but the NCAA is going to inialate them)

Really??

It all depends on where you are in the country. We think UT is no.1 but my guess is people that are Notre Dame fans think that is the best job. People in Texas of course think that is the no.1 job. Stricktly regional or fan based will tell you what people think is the best school to coach at.

Notre Dame? I guess it's good while it lasts. They will be cycling through coaches for an eternity.

This has been discussed before, but this is my list (just a repost):

1. Texas
2. USC
3. Florida
4. LSU
5. Alabama
6. Ohio State
7. Oklahoma
8. Notre Dame
9. Miami
10. Georgia
11. Penn State
12. Michigan
13. Oregon
14. Nebraska
15. Tennessee

And the distance between the Top 3 and the rest is ridiculous.

You folks that think this is the best college coaching job in the country need to realize something...

from an atmosphere, gameday environment, passion of the fans (when you're successful), stadium, etc. it is.

But when you're talking about recruiting - this job sucks. All these schools that are listed are better jobs from that end of it - and most have similar types of environments (a lot not a grandiose as here). Those schools head coaches can literally recruits within their state alone and get all the talent they'd need to compete. They'll go nationwide to pluck a kid or two from a few different states each class - but here, you have to pluck kids from Georgia, Florida, Texas, California, Ohio, etc. to fill our class.

Recruiting season for a UT coach is brutal and requires an immense amount of drive, determination, and love for the Big Orange.

You think the Iowa job is on par with Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Nebraska, and FSU?

In state talent, Big 10, academics, great fan base

No they haven't been relevant recently (xpt this year) but they have great history and tradition

No I don't think they are on par with TN, but some would

You folks that think this is the best college coaching job in the country need to realize something...

from an atmosphere, gameday environment, passion of the fans (when you're successful), stadium, etc. it is.

But when you're talking about recruiting - this job sucks. All these schools that are listed are better jobs from that end of it - and most have similar types of environments (a lot not a grandiose as here). Those schools head coaches can literally recruits within their state alone and get all the talent they'd need to compete. They'll go nationwide to pluck a kid or two from a few different states each class - but here, you have to pluck kids from Georgia, Florida, Texas, California, Ohio, etc. to fill our class.

Recruiting season for a UT coach is brutal and requires an immense amount of drive, determination, and love for the Big Orange.

This isn't about the Program. This is about the job.

There is a huge gap between the 2... possibly one of the largest in the nation.

Strictly from a coaching perspective, this is my top 15 places coaches would want to go.

1. Florida-Great weather and lots of in-state talent
2. Southern Cal-Great tradition and in LA
3. Texas-Huge support in a great city
4. LSU-Party School
5. Alabama-History of winning and new tradition with Satan
6. Tennessee-Best Stadium in football with the best facilities
7. Miami-It’s Miami but poor facilities
8. Florida State-Good football program with fun games
9. Georgia-SEC games are fun there
10. Notre Dame-I hate them but it is a top job
11. Ohio State-Best Big 10 team
12. Michigan-The big house
13. Penn State-I love the white out games
14. Oklahoma-Stoops has them back on track
15. Virginia Tech-very laid back school that loves football

This has been discussed before, but this is my list (just a repost):

1. Texas
2. USC
3. Florida
4. LSU
5. Alabama
6. Ohio State
7. Oklahoma
8. Notre Dame
9. Miami
10. Georgia
11. Penn State
12. Michigan
13. Oregon
14. Nebraska
15. Tennessee

And the distance between the Top 3 and the rest is ridiculous.

Oregon? I think Tennessee is on par with Michigan and Nebraska, and just under Penn State. I also think Alabama is better than LSU.

1. Alabama
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. USC
5. Notre Dame
6. Oklahoma
7. Georgia
8. Miami
9. Nebraska
10. Ohio State
11. Penn State
12. Tennessee
13. LSU
14. FSU
15. Michigan

Dooley of the Bulldogs is our Head Coach. Look at his W/L record. We are not even con sidered a top 25 team since some of you chased Fulmer, Chief and the rest off. We got what we deserved.

Iowa?

Oregon?

I think I should leave the board for the for the rest of the day. I need a break.

:ill_h4h:

The best job is mostly opinion and the time. Florida State and Miami have great locations but are not winning big now. Florida used to horribe. Tennessee would have been a great job in the 90's.

The "quality" of the coaching gig sort of depends on what the athletic department is willing to pay to get a top guy. With what Hamilton was throwing out there in our time of need, I'd say we're somewhere in the 20-25 range.

Of course, if you were willing to pay someone a little extra from your huge athletics budget for the added challenge of having to go out there and fight for recruits, then, with our history and fan support, I'd say we could be in the top 10.

IMO there are 3 top schools:

Florida
Texas
USC

Because they can recruit all the players they need in their backyard.

Some people want to make the case for Notre Dame, etc.
But coaches of late haven't recruited that well there, and they hide behind a weak schedule.

After the top 3, everyone else isn't that far apart.

yeah, difference between program and job. Tennessee has an elite program, but the job ranks lower because it's so difficult.

VN Store

Back