2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latham didn’t have a problem w any of that. Nor did Jewel or Destinee last year. They can announce any time while all that is going on. Hopefully something happens on some front tommorrow.
I wouldn’t want to announce unless my ducks were in a row. Imagine announcing and then finding out you had an academic issue that prevented you from enrolling.

I wouldn’t want to announce unless my ducks were in a row. Imagine announcing and then finding out you had an academic issue that prevented you from enrolling.
I thought they have that figured out before they actually take the visit? Why visit a school in which you’re not academically allowed to enroll into?

I thought they have that figured out before they actually take the visit? Why visit a school in which you’re not academically allowed to enroll into?
Yeah, I think we may be overthinking this. Usually when they commit they announce, sometimes as soon as the visit. If they haven’t announced, they most likely haven’t committed. Doesn’t mean they won’t, sure hope they do, especially Nye and Spearman.

Skim Milkey posted we got a recruit that day they are pretty much never wrong.

The players will announce when they are ready.

Exactly. They are looking for something to complain about or take away from the success of the new coaching staff. Nothing proves a point in a scenario by referencing past or present commitments from different players and then saying they are not related because other players did it in the past.
So if school officials did something in the past at a school that probably needed fine tuning, just continue to allow others to do it as well because it happened before?
Or fix the issue?
Obviously it was an oversight in the past and should’ve probably been handle at a slower pace no matter how tedious the process may be.. we do not know if they have something else in the works this summer as far as playing overseas and/or NIL deals that mean for some players their paperwork will take more time and due diligence.
College majors, transfer credits, getting set up with advisors is a different situation for each student.
In their position, if it was me I would take my time even if I was 100% committed. And if that meant waiting to make a public announcement then that would be placed on hold.

The fanatics will always make it about knowing things and being right when they do not have a clue of how the process actually works.

Exactly. They are looking for something to complain about or take away from the success of the new coaching staff. Nothing proves a point in a scenario by referencing past or present commitments from different players and then saying they are not related because other players did it in the past.
So if school officials did something in the past at a school that probably needed fine tuning, just continue to allow others to do it as well because it happened before?
Or fix the issue?
Obviously it was an oversight in the past and should’ve probably been handle at a slower pace no matter how tedious the process may be.. we do not know if they have something else in the works this summer as far as playing overseas and/or NIL deals that mean for some players their paperwork will take more time and due diligence.
College majors, transfer credits, getting set up with advisors is a different situation for each student.
In their position, if it was me I would take my time even if I was 100% committed. And if that meant waiting to make a public announcement then that would be placed on hold.

The fanatics will always make it about knowing things and being right when they do not have a clue of how the process actually works.
Is this staff going after Rubi Whitehorn?

Or fix the issue?

No one is trying to take anything away from anyone. Gibberish, lay off the Red Bulls.

MSST picked up a 5’8” guard from NWFS juco

Averaged 12pts and 5rebs. Looks like she was at Temple at one point but never played. She was listed as a freshman at Northwest Florida State but I think she was actually a 20-21 recruit.

That year really messed up recruiting lol

Reactions: VolFuture
I don’t know the specifics of the process. If athletes are treated like other students at UTK, then it takes a while to process paperwork.

Dazia Lawrence might be the best point guard left. 55 steals this past season and 34 percent from the three over her career. 1.20 scoring efficiency rating is excellent for a guard. 80 percent from the free throw line.

Last edited:

Still plenty of talented players left to make decisions on where they will play. We have at least three scholarships to give got to keep adding to the team. Whitehorn, Bransford. King, Gardiner and the list is still long on quality players.

I don’t know the specifics of the process. If athletes are treated like other students at UTK, then it takes a while to process paperwork.
As previously discussed, they can, and usually do, announce while the paperwork is underway. Latham did just last week, Jewel and Destinee did last year while their paperwork took months. Paperwork is unrelated to when an athlete announces their commitment.

Last edited:

That is true. Tennessee went on a recruiting blitz the first week with the full staff in place.
I told folks that they were going to dominate the portal again.. stay tuned🍊!

As previously discussed, they can, and usually do, announce while the paperwork is underway. Latham did just last week, Jewel and Destinee did last year while their paperwork took months. Paperwork is unrelated to when an athlete announces their cocmmitment.
The school typically doesn’t announce it before the player…. Some players wait and some do it the same day that they commit to the coach… Tennessee had a tackle transfer to the football team and he never announced it. He just showed up in class.

The school typically doesn’t announce it before the player…. Some players wait and some do it the same day that they commit to the coach… Tennessee had a tackle transfer to the football team and he never announced it. He just showed up in class.
There are exceptions, but generally players announce within days of signing at most. Doesn't mean they won't eventually sign and announce, but longish delays are worrying.

Reactions: krichunaka
As previously discussed, they can, and usually do, announce while the paperwork is underway. Latham did just last week, Jewel and Destinee did last year while their paperwork took months. Paperwork is unrelated to when an athlete announces their commitment.
I think it’s a combination of factors.

Reactions: Lucy
There are exceptions, but generally players announce within days of signing at most. Doesn't mean they won't eventually sign and announce, but longish delays are worrying.
Fans are nervous about it bc they want that confirmation… The staff already knows that she committed or didn’t… It is even more rare that AP and Skim would be wrong at the same time…. I don’t think AP has ever been wrong once he does the 50 cent gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back