Israel vs Palestinians

I do have a question for anyone, but figure @Orangeslice13 may know better.

what is driving the expansion of Israel (outside of the war itself)?
1. Is it an actual market force, like there are Jews in Israel without proper housing and the land is needed to house them? Are they out of arable land and NEED Palestine for farms or other crucial infrastructure?

2. Is the current population fine, but there is some push to bring the Diaspora home? An Israeli home for every Jew in the world?

3. Is it just that Palestinian land is cheaper than Israeli land? and its the path of least financial resistance for Jews?

4. Is it just some desire to be the only/main one in control of the Holy Land? Or something else that would fall under zionism?

5. Is it simply because they have a dangerous neighbor, and the real drive is for safety, and the expansion is just an unintended benefit because there is a new vacuum that no one else is "allowed" to use?

From what I have read its some combination of 3, 4, 5. But I am curious if there are other factors, and how much of a part they would play. My guess is 3/4/5 makes up about 80% of the reason, and everything else falls into the other 20%. My understanding is that Netanyahu is definitely more in the Zionism reasoning, but I know there are several counter parties with their own drivers.

1. Is it an actual market force, like there are Jews in Israel without proper housing and the land is needed to house them? Are they out of arable land and NEED Palestine for farms or other crucial infrastructure?

2. Is the current population fine, but there is some push to bring the Diaspora home? An Israeli home for every Jew in the world?

3. Is it just that Palestinian land is cheaper than Israeli land? and its the path of least financial resistance for Jews?

4. Is it just some desire to be the only/main one in control of the Holy Land? Or something else that would fall under zionism?

5. Is it simply because they have a dangerous neighbor, and the real drive is for safety, and the expansion is just an unintended benefit because there is a new vacuum that no one else is "allowed" to use?

From what I have read its some combination of 3, 4, 5. But I am curious if there are other factors, and how much of a part they would play. My guess is 3/4/5 makes up about 80% of the reason, and everything else falls into the other 20%. My understanding is that Netanyahu is definitely more in the Zionism reasoning, but I know there are several counter parties with their own drivers.

Where is Palestine?

Reactions: BreatheUT
If you google settlements it doesn't appear much farming is going on

Reactions: EasternVol
If you google settlements it doesn't appear much farming is going on
I don't think its any one thing. Could be farming. Could be access to well water, could be needed expansion to make sure the israeli systems can function properly. May just be some weird piece of geography that is currently stopping existing Israeli utilities.

I don't think its any one thing. Could be farming. Could be access to well water, could be needed expansion to make sure the israeli systems can function properly. May just be some weird piece of geography that is currently stopping existing Israeli utilities.
As far as the land use goes, wouldn't Israel have the same issue all other populated areas face? How much more land do you "need" when you can build dense/vertically, if needed?

If these are my only choices, I would say that the impression I had when I visited last year would be some combination of options 4 and 5.

As far as the land use goes, wouldn't Israel have the same issue all other populated areas face? How much more land do you "need" when you can build dense/vertically, if needed?
I guess that is what I am trying to figure out.

have the Israeli's out grown the areas they control?
is it "simply" a convenience thing? so on and so forth.

If these are my only choices, I would say that the impression I had when I visited last year would be some combination of options 4 and 5.
I definitely didn't mean to imply these were the only options, or even correct at all. I was just trying to think of the what the largest contributing factors are.

If you have another idea feel free to share. again, I am generally meaning their expansion outside of the war, what is the cause to Israel's peaceful expansion?

Allow applies perfectly. Israel allowed Hamas to rule Gaza, Hamas bit the hand that fed it and now they must be eliminated.
until they are dug out, I don't think it applies.

you back a badger into a hole on your property, you may own the land, but you don't control that hole until you get rid of the badger. doesn't matter if the badger was there first, came after you, you were ok with it living for a while, was dropped off by a neighbor, or whatever. that hole isn't yours at the moment.

until they are dug out, I don't think it applies.

you back a badger into a hole on your property, you may own the land, but you don't control that hole until you get rid of the badger. doesn't matter if the badger was there first, came after you, you were ok with it living for a while, was dropped off by a neighbor, or whatever. that hole isn't yours at the moment.

Hamas is more akin to a rat than a badger.

It's a confluence of factors; security, religious entitlement, and growth expansion. Different factions of Israel have different motivating factors.

Denser cities actually result in more need and premium being placed on surrounding land to sustain it. It's needed and used..... Just not necessarily for settlement.

I’ll get this later

VN Store

Back