Israel vs Palestinians

Oh, what a pity…

They mad -
“This evening, Google indiscriminately fired over two dozen workers, including those among us who did not directly participate in yesterday’s historic, bicoastal 10-hour sit-in protests,” the group said in a statement Wednesday.

Would the folks who are regular posters in this thread mind answering a question?

Do you consider Israel a democracy? Why or why not?

Lmao. The most sensitive snowflakes

View attachment 635205

I continue to be amazed at how these race hustling snowflakes are able to capture and control our politicians. What a ridiculous display. Grown people getting triggered over "from the river to the sea"...

Meanwhile, that snake Mike Johnson is putting up spending bills for Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan, but not a f^^king penny for the border or to spend on Americans. We may as well add three more stars on the flag and get it over with.

Would the folks who are regular posters in this thread mind answering a question?

I believe it is a similar governmental system to the Brits. Bebe is a prime minister and the people vote on that position (I think). I don't know about judges and legislature though. So it is a democracy in terms of voting but not mob rule.

How'd I do?

Reactions: McDad

It is a democracy by the dictionary definition. People have this idea that a democracy is a country with protected rights (beyond the right to vote). They think those rights are inherent to democracy because it's the kind of government that we created here....but democracy is rule of the 51% or said another way, mob rule. Israel meets that criteria.

I think most people who say they are not a democracy mean/specifically say that they are not a liberal democracy, meaning they don't have the kinds of rights we expect from a democracy.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad
Because Hamas and those supporting Hamas are not covered by the Geneva Accords. They are just domestic terrorists.

Oh, so not a right/wrong matter, a legal matter. Gotcha. So you never needed to respond to me other than to say, "Yes, I am a lawyer about this."

Oh, so not a right/wrong matter, a legal matter. Gotcha. So you never needed to respond to me other than to say, "Yes, I am a lawyer about this."

What? Are you back to "muh law" childishness?

It matters because of the mouthbreathers complaining about Israel committing war crimes. IDK if you fall into that category or not but for those accusing Israel of war crimes the technicalities matter.

What? Are you back to "muh law" childishness?

It matters because of the mouthbreathers complaining about Israel committing war crimes. IDK if you fall into that category or not but for those accusing Israel of war crimes the technicalities matter.

It's a catch 22, so IDK why it matters to you. Either way, there are war crimes. Be honest. You don't care. You only care about the law when it suits you.

You cannot blockade food, water, and medical supplies from your own nation, and I know this because Lincoln did it to the South, and it was a war crime then. The laws haven't changed. That is a violation of international law. 1863 Geneva convention.

It's a catch 22, so IDK why it matters to you. Either way, there are war crimes. Be honest. You don't care. You only care about the law when it suits you.

You cannot blockade food, water, and medical supplies from your own nation, and I know this because Lincoln did it to the South, and it was a war crime then. The laws haven't changed. That is a violation of international law. 1863 Geneva convention.

Yeah, how many Union generals were prosecuted for war crimes? LOL

Brother I DGAF about the laws, Israel could wipe this vermin off it's territory and I believe they are justified. It's the morons crying war crimes that bring the law into the discussion.

Yeah, how many Union generals were prosecuted for war crimes? LOL

Brother I DGAF about the laws, Israel could wipe this vermin off it's territory and I believe they are justified. It's the morons crying war crimes that bring the law into the discussion.

You are the one arguing from a legal standpoint. Maybe you don't realize it, but arguing technicalities like Israel has a right because Palestine is not a state....that is a legal argument. I asked you for a right/wrong answer and you repeated the legal argument. You are the one who brought up war crimes. You are confused person.

Reactions: NashVol11
yeah, the various conquests and wars have moved different groups into the region. Under the invasion of Saladin it was more "southern" Arabs (Copts and Bedouins). Under the Turks it was more "northern" arabs(Armenians, Assyrians, Circassians, Kurds). There have also been several invasions from the east that have pushed other tribes into the region (Druze, Persians, Zoroastrians). Even today the Sunni/Shia divide is present in Palestinian muslims, most are Sunni, but the Shia have enough of presence to have their own political group and aspirations.

even among the Jews you have had Adeni, Habbani, Mizrahi, and I am sure plenty of others. the term "Semite" as in anti-semitic isn't 100% specific towards Jews, even though that is how it is typically used. There were also all the tribes the Bible mentions, Canaanites, Samaritans and the like. Those were all Semitic peoples who lived in the region for a real long time, thousands of years, not hundreds or dozens.

The Christians even saw a lot of change. Before the crusades they were what we would now call "eastern/orthodox" Christians. after the crusades it was much more of western christians, which would now be closer to "Catholics", and over various points it shifted back to various eastern groups as they were pushed out of Turkey, parts of Caucuses, and even Russia and other areas for being the wrong types of Christians at home.

Before christians came along there was a strong "greek" presence too under the Romans and Greeks.

^I don't think all of those were majorities, just that they were major influences on the population at various points. I can't find a census that breaks down the population much more than beyond major religion; and just have to read up on generally who moved in when.

after about the 1800s I don't really see anything talking about different ethnicities and its broken down as "Palestinians" "Jew" "Christian", but when the British took over after WW1 they noted that most of the Palestinians weren't born in the area. So it really seems like Palestinian is used in a general term to cover muslims who currently live in Palestine. Not that they are specific ethnicity and from a certain back ground, and generally conform to specific cultural heritage.

at least for the Jews, they started from the region. were kicked out a various points, and then came back even though they may be considered "German" "Russian" "African" or whatever, their culture and ancestors came from the area of Israel. Not sure most of the rest can make that claim. I am sure there are still some other Semites in the area, but it doesn't seem to be the argument they make for claiming the area of Israel as their home.

Like I said it becomes a circular argument
A lot of that's valid but it in no way makes it a circular argument.

I believe it is a similar governmental system to the Brits. Bebe is a prime minister and the people vote on that position (I think). I don't know about judges and legislature though. So it is a democracy in terms of voting but not mob rule.

How'd I do?
You did fine. I didn't have anything to pursue by asking the question beyond what people thought about their form of government.

VN Store

Back