2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
P
Agree. Ralph had the advantage because she had the opportunity for a rebuild season or two. Vanderbilt wasn’t good when she got there, so it wasn’t hard to go up from where Vanderbilt was. For CKC, she doesn’t really have the wiggle room to have a rebuild season. UT is a hard place to coach, and we really don’t take rebuild seasons.

And we were good? Sorry but we just weren’t. No Jackson and we would have been sub .500 last season.

Horston recruited Jackson and Jackson recruited Spear. Without that Kellie would have been dead in the water 3 seasons ago.

P

And we were good? Sorry but we just weren’t. No Jackson and we would have been sub .500 last season.

Horston recruited Jackson and Jackson recruited Spear. Without that Kellie would have been dead in the water 3 seasons ago.
Jackson didn’t recruit Spear, she stays out of the recruiting process.

I will be fine with a season that at least gets us in the NCAA otherwise it is all to much to accept. I'm not expecting her to work miracles in the first season, but win enough to make the tourney. With Texas and Oklahoma coming in that job gets harder. Alabama is loading up and so is Ole Miss two teams we never had to worry about much when it came to the NCAA. Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, and SC all dominate teams next season. Then there is Tennessee, Kentucky, MIss St and Vandy.

Last edited:
So you liked where the program was? Got it.

I didn’t, I’m glad for a new slate entirely. This isn’t about maintaining some long dead legacy. It’s about NOW and the FUTURE.

Focusing on maintaining the past and the legacy was never going to take us back to the top. Sometimes things need to be broken to be made better.
Definitely not! I was ready to move on. I don’t care about the past at this point; it is what it is. What I do care about is our future which includes Caldwell. I’m not sure how in the world saying that a crappy first season is only going to make her job harder means I am clinging to a legacy? It’s just a fact that getting better recruits now will lead to a better season next year which will make CKC’s job much, much easier.

Definitely not! I was ready to move on. I don’t care about the past at this point; it is what it is. What I do care about is our future which includes Caldwell. I’m not sure how in the world saying that a crappy first season is only going to make her job harder means I am clinging to a legacy? It’s just a fact that getting better recruits now will lead to a better season next year which will make CKC’s job much, much easier.

I think she’s going to be great, just going with my instincts and they are generally pretty good about people.

P

You love to give Kellie zero credit. Give me a break. You can’t play the what if game. We had Rickea and Jewell and kellie for them there. I agree kellie’s time here was about done but CKC has to use the portal much like kellie did or we won’t be good next season.

Nothing wrong with that if she thinks they can get the job done I’m gonna trust her. I do think we could benefit from one bigger band for an AHC for a season or two while CKC gets her bearings at this level.
Nothing is wrong if we continue our NCAA streak. So that means we need upgrades at least in the post and maybe a point guard. Is anyone getting in the portal with the Williams announcement? Next two weeks means a lot when it comes to Lady Vol basketball.

I think she’s going to be great, just going with my instincts and they are generally pretty good about people.
Hey, I’m genuinely happy that is your feeling. Honestly. I want her to succeed so I want her to get off on the best foot possible. I don’t want her hindered in any way which is why I want her to have the best tools to work with now.

P

This is a silly reply. We consistently finished in the top 4 of the SEC and made the tournament every year. We also had two sweet 16’s and went to the championship game of the SEC tournament. not saying that’s elite but yes, i’d say it’s good. Your theory that jackson recruited spear is just not true. I fully expect CKC to maintain the tournament streak at the minimum in her first year.

Nothing is wrong if we continue our NCAA streak. So that means we need upgrades at least in the post and maybe a point guard. Is anyone getting in the portal with the Williams announcement? Next two weeks means a lot when it comes to Lady Vol basketball.

This will ruffle some feathers but I don’t care about the streak ending next season if it means we are better in 3 years.

It almost ended this year and Kellie was in year 5. 1-2 more losses and we would have been out.

Reactions: VolFuture
This will ruffle some feathers but I don’t care about the streak ending next season if it means we are better in 3 years.

It almost ended this year and Kellie was in year 5. 1-2 more losses and we would have been out.
“Good is the enemy of Great” -DW

Her uncle tweeted “ Yesterday’s price is not today”a price.”

Seriously? Good riddance. Tells me how Kellie and company recruited her. They were going to hold the entire program hostage.

Just screams desperation like some of Holly’s final recruits that ended up getting her fired. They were kids most other schools passed on due to parent or player personality issues.

P

So true and how is CKC going to change that with the same players minus Jackson and Powell? I like her and her style of play. Athletes can beat her system if they are way better than what she can put on the court. We have some good players, no star really so maybe she can develop one or two into stars it will need to happen.

Seriously? Good riddance. Tells me how Kellie and company recruited her. They were going to hold the entire program hostage.

Just screams desperation like some of Holly’s final recruits that ended up getting her fired. They were kids most other schools passed on due to parent or player personality issues.
We can move on from her, but we need to find some players for next season and a freshman class for 2025.

To me it was just expected. When have you ever seen a new coach retain the previous staff? Just not very common. You have to have your people around you.

CKC already seems to have made a good impression on the returnees. I’m sure they will miss their old coaches just as we will, but they are hungry for something different.
Expected under normal circumstances. I doubt CKC has a list of P5 recruiters that she has a relationship with. We need to wait and see but fear Nyla is for sure gone.
If she brings in a recruiter from Marshall or equal to that we have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back