Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

He is a Sweet 16 coach who is responsible for 50% of our school Elite 8 appearances.

If you’re gonna call him a Sweet 16 Coach, then call us for what we are, we’re an NIT college basketball program.

Ask Candice Parker, ask Bruce Pearl, ask anyone who knows basketball.. he’s a hall of fame coach. He is putting us in the fight consistently and giving us the best odds in program history to actually compete and win.

If you want to fire him I see you are being foolish at best. This was the best program we’ve likely ever fielded and we had a great year. Three wins away from a National Championship is always a good year in my book.
I agree with everything you said except the part where I want Barnes fired

Barnes is TN’s most successful NCAAT coach. Learn some history before posting idiotic comments.
But where are the NCAA championships or even final four appearances ? Before you answer Bama is in the final 4 and Barnes is not. Does that make the Bama coach hall of fame too ?

If it's better than UT, good for him. Barnes is in good shape and still seems to have the fire in him. He's coaching in that manner. He can stay longer and it's nothing but a great thing
Never said fire him by the way but I feel he needs to make a decision. A 75 year old isn't going to find much success

We played a team that was a matchup nightmare for us. If we got out West, we are likely in the Final 4....

Aidoo and Awaka didn't take that step up this year. Ultimately, that was the Achilles heel....

But where are the NCAA championships or even final four appearances ? Before you answer Bama is in the final 4 and Barnes is not. Does that make the Bama coach hall of fame too ?
We beat his ass twice this year. We weren't playing Clemson, in case you didn't notice. Keep setting me up on the extra long tee

VN Store

Back