Irrational Rick Barnes takes (merged)

So… what else does Rick Barnes need?

He has a couple of roster spots to fill. Otherwise he’s doing what he needs to do. Continue to keep his teams at an elite level and capable of (and regularly) beating any other team in the country and the NCAAT crap shoot will work itself out. You ignored the comment, but Barnes is TN’s most successful NCAAT coach in history - something that you have a very limited ability to understand.

Reactions: EasternVol
When we start getting bounced constantly in the Elite 8, I’ll call Rick Barnes an Elite 8 coach
He is a Sweet 16 coach who is responsible for 50% of our school Elite 8 appearances.

If you’re gonna call him a Sweet 16 Coach, then call us for what we are, we’re an NIT college basketball program.

Ask Candice Parker, ask Bruce Pearl, ask anyone who knows basketball.. he’s a hall of fame coach. He is putting us in the fight consistently and giving us the best odds in program history to actually compete and win.

If you want to fire him I see you are being foolish at best. This was the best program we’ve likely ever fielded and we had a great year. Three wins away from a National Championship is always a good year in my book.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
The fact this thread still exists is pretty awful.

Agreed. The gameplan was solid because we had a chance to win all the way up until the final 2 minutes. Going against biased officiating and a 7’3 scoring machine that’s what you want. Hit your free throws and a “do over” on a bunch of those short range misses and we win. This wasn’t on coaching.

VN Store

Back