2024 Transfer Portal Thread

I’m not going to buy anything Basilio is selling. Everyone thinks Dillione is a possibility to transfer, so claiming to have that inside info isn’t exactly going out on a limb. The Mashack prediction also makes no sense.
His Mom has been pretty vocal about her love for the staff and this place as well. Doesn’t mean it’s not possible, but who knows.

Burns had an attitude issue and was me first. Comparing Mashack to him is not fair. They aren’t even similar.
Oh, I’m not comparing him to Burns at all. That wasn’t what I meant, at least. I don’t even think this is true, I’m saying “if” that were the case it’s sounds like Burns. I don’t think it’s the car, this not making the comparison .

I agree, but it’s possible that could’ve opened the door for him to engage with a few suitors if he was unhappy for a couple of months.

Think I recall there being some whispers about Aidoo leaving after last season and he got an NIL deal out of it. Mashack might be doing the same thing.

Reactions: VOLED
Basilio says the staff is worried about losing Dilione AND Mashack. Hopefully it’s just his typical **** stirring. He claims he’s getting that info from people close to the program.
Don’t want to lose dillione but I’ve yet to see anything to suggest he’s going to be a big time player here. The game looks too fast for him. I expected more from him by this point.

Carr is going to be a stud next year. I predict he starts averaging around 20ppg during the second half of the season. I think we need a solid 3 and 4 transfer
I lived in Southern Illinois during the time his Dad Chris Carr played, he was a major college player type that went to SIU a mid major and really blossomed his soph year.
My son played pool with him and hung with him some, good kid and well mannered. My point is I’m confident he was raised right, and taught the game very well by his Dad.
Have not seen it mentioned here but after his Dad‘s NBA career he was heavily involved in mentoring and coaching players. Google Legacy Hoops Academy and 43 Hoops.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratvol
No interest in that UT Martin kid? Has a ton of teams after him.
You referring to Jacob Crews? Stats are intriguing so I watched some of their games. He has some skills for his size, particularly in OVC and decent athlete but I would pass. I can see why other major programs may be interested, but not convinced he can play at high major level, and I don't think he would be a fit at UT.

You referring to Jacob Crews? Stats are intriguing so I watched some of their games. He has some skills for his size, particularly in OVC and decent athlete but I would pass. I can see why other major programs may be interested, but not convinced he can play at high major level, and I don't think he would be a fit at UT.
Yep he’s getting big time interest. Would love to have a guy with his size that can shoot.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
I’m not going to buy anything Basilio is selling. Everyone thinks Dillione is a possibility to transfer, so claiming to have that inside info isn’t exactly going out on a limb. The Mashack prediction also makes no sense.
Basilio is childish and completely unprofessional. Unless things have changed over the last few years, he sits around shooting the breeze with his buddies over lunch. Got a voice and manner that grates on a person. How anyone could listen to his schtick and think it credible amazes me. I'd rather stick an ice pick in my ears than listen to his juvenile rambling.

I know what you said. It's more a distinction without a difference, though. You're making a prediction without knowing who will even be on the team. I'd venture to guess we see at least 3 additions via the portal, so a lot of your questions remain unanswered.
You make a good point. We could have a transfer that takes shots away from Carr.

Reactions: cncchris33
I don’t expect Mashack to transfer with a year left, but I will say if Aidoo leaves it would make me far more concerned about it being a real possibility.

I understand with DK coming here & Santi/JJJ returning and ZZ being healthy that’s why Mashack played less MPG than last year. But I also think it could be part of concern for him leaving.

Guys I wouldn’t believe were leaving until it happened though:

ZZ, Mashack, Aidoo

I could see anyone else, but those 3 have grinded for 3 years and I just don’t know why they’d leave now.

I don’t expect Mashack to transfer with a year left, but I will say if Aidoo leaves it would make me far more concerned about it being a real possibility.

I understand with DK coming here & Santi/JJJ returning and ZZ being healthy that’s why Mashack played less MPG than last year. But I also think it could be part of concern for him leaving.

Guys I wouldn’t believe were leaving until it happened though:

ZZ, Mashack, Aidoo

I could see anyone else, but those 3 have grinded for 3 years and I just don’t know why they’d leave now.
For ZZ and Aidoo, the only reason can be money and a higher profile blue blood program pursuing them, perhaps closer to home. Both seem rather unlikely, though Aidoo did flirt with the idea, last year.

For Mashack, he has one year left. Tennessee is almost certain to bring in a handful of impact transfers to fill scoring holes. Does he get pushed out of a starting role/more significant minutes again because of it? If he believes so, I can see him transferring simply to fully maximize what he believes his potential is in a system that will use him more regularly. It will likely be a step down in competition, to do so, but he may want an opportunity to be more of a focus. That isn't to say he's leaving, but if he did, I think he'd have a legit reason to do so.

Reactions: berryvol
For ZZ and Aidoo, the only reason can be money and a higher profile blue blood program pursuing them, perhaps closer to home. Both seem rather unlikely, though Aidoo did flirt with the idea, last year.

For Mashack, he has one year left. Tennessee is almost certain to bring in a handful of impact transfers to fill scoring holes. Does he get pushed out of a starting role/more significant minutes again because of it? If he believes so, I can see him transferring simply to fully maximize what he believes his potential is in a system that will use him more regularly. It will likely be a step down in competition, to do so, but he may want an opportunity to be more of a focus. That isn't to say he's leaving, but if he did, I think he'd have a legit reason to do so.

And Shack is a west coast kid, so he could want to be closer to family so they can see him play more often too.

I agree he would have a legit reason, if for the second year portal additions took minutes away.

Mashack and Dillione are fine players especially Mashack but they are not at a level that you lose sleep at night worrying about them transferring. This is the transfer portal era of college sports and the market will be flooded with their skill sets.

VN Store

Back