Recruiting Football Talk VII

I was under the impression we still recruited at a high level, just haven't been developing. Do we not even have a 5* or anything?

I find this even sadder, as it means the brand has slipped amongst recruits since Pat.

Was hoping it was just a development issue 😒

Time for a total overhaul if true. We should be top 3 in recruiting just breathing.
Holly recruited well but had development issues. Kellie has had recruiting and development issues. She inherited a 5* recruited by Holly, brought in a 5* who transferred out after one year and got Rickea Jackson out of the portal. She has some good prospects coming in next year and could portal shop around them. Kellie misses on a lot of targets and is forced to backfill. The current roster has too many players who do not play at an SEC level.

Holly recruited well but had development issues. Kellie has had recruiting and development issues. She inherited a 5* recruited by Holly, brought in a 5* who transferred out after one year and got Rickea Jackson out of the portal. She has some good prospects coming in next year and could portal shop around them. Kellie misses on a lot of targets and is forced to backfill. The current roster has too many players who do not play at an SEC level.
Its not even that for me when I watch them, theyre a disorganized mess. The only thing they ever really try to do on offense is hope Key or whichever big girl is in can post up on their defender. Where are the ball screens? The plays?

Do I believe Kellie is going to get fired? No.
She has two quality players coming in next season and one of them is a 5* that transferred from South Carolina.
Believe AD White gives her a goal to meet next season and Sweet 16 won't cut it..

I was under the impression we still recruited at a high level, just haven't been developing. Do we not even have a 5* or anything?

I find this even sadder, as it means the brand has slipped amongst recruits since Pat.

Was hoping it was just a development issue 😒

Time for a total overhaul if true. We should be top 3 in recruiting just breathing.
I thought I read on here in the past year or so that she didn’t sign ANY HS recruits last year or year before?

Do I believe Kellie is going to get fired? No.
She has two quality players coming in next season and one of them is a 5* that transferred from South Carolina.
Believe AD White gives her a goal to meet next season and Sweet 16 won't cut it..
If they don't make the tournament she's gone. That's like losing to Kentucky and Vanderbilt in football. It's an unacceptable result. There could be an argument made that if they don't get out of the first weekend she should be fired. She's not coaching well. She's not recruiting well.

If they don't make the tournament she's gone. That's like losing to Kentucky and Vanderbilt in football. It's an unacceptable result. There could be an argument made that if they don't get out of the first weekend she should be fired. She's not coaching well. She's not recruiting well.
💯

Like I said-- new coach, new staff, new players.
You said ground zero, new coach ain't starting from ground zero, not out of the realm of possibility that a good coach could get Much more out of the players we currently have, i.e., fiery effort nightly
Add a great recruiting class, which is easier here than elsewhere...... Then elite 8 would be the expectation in short order
Choosing stability over championships is not my mindset
No offense just simply disagree with the accept our fate sentiment

I'll admit it. I'm a touch nervous about this game. Also, did I see it right during the Kentucky game? They posted the remaining games for Kentucky and said Kentucky had the toughest road left in the SEC. Did they not look at our remaining games?

I'll admit it. I'm a touch nervous about this game. Also, did I see it right during the Kentucky game? They posted the remaining games for Kentucky and said Kentucky had the toughest road left in the SEC. Did they not look at our remaining games?
Incorrect. Said we had the toughest road and Kentucky has the easiest road. They have a cakewalk against Arky and Vandy next 2 games at home before us.

Will UK v MS St be a good game tonight? Both are 19-8

Cincinnati v Houston. . . not sure cincy can hang around in that one

Also, BYU v Kansas may be a surprise, but maybe not.
My completely analytical and not at all informed by hindsight opinion is that it will be a great game that UK wins with a late bucket.

Reactions: Glitch

VN Store

Back