Electric Vehicles

As an environmentalist, I was all gung ho for EVs until incidents of the things catching fire during the Florida floods. Cars that are allergic to water, I understand, after all, cars can't swim. But water is supposed to put fires out, not start them. Until they come up with a battery that isn't lithium, and can give a car 300+ miles between charges, No Thank You.
As an environmentalist, I Fing hate EVs for the damage that their production does to the environment. Especially when there are bio fuels that are renewable and burn free of greenhouse gases. So there’s no actual reason to change infrastructure to a system that is currently more harmful to the environment……

But I diegress

As an environmentalist, I Fing hate EVs for the damage that their production does to the environment. Especially when there are bio fuels that are renewable and burn free of greenhouse gases. So there’s no actual reason to change infrastructure to a system that is currently more harmful to the environment……

But I diegress

I don't think any Biofuels "burn free of greenhouse gasses". Less GGs yes but not free of and they also get worse fuel mileage. But I'm all for voluntary use of bio-diesel.

I don't think any Biofuels "burn free of greenhouse gasses". Less GGs yes but not free of and they also get worse fuel mileage. But I'm all for voluntary use of bio-diesel.
Had I my way, I'd return us to horse and buggy days. At least the byproduct could be used to fertilize the soil for produce growing, and maybe reduce hunger in the country. Beyond that, I'd favor siphoning Jupiter's hydrogen for fuel. But we don't have a hose long enough to reach that far. Hmmm. hog88 excretions does generate methane, so just maybe, maybe. Naw, it stinks.

Had I my way, I'd return us to horse and buggy days. At least the byproduct could be used to fertilize the soil for produce growing, and maybe reduce hunger in the country. Beyond that, I'd favor siphoning Jupiter's hydrogen for fuel. But we don't have a hose long enough to reach that far. Hmmm. hog88 excretions does generate methane, so just maybe, maybe. Naw, it stinks.

There is a group that has Figured out a GG free Bio/synthetic blend. Mass production is currently problematic but it’s a real solution that governments should throw money at as opposed to EVs which clearly aren’t a long term solution

There is a group that has Figured out a GG free Bio/synthetic blend. Mass production is currently problematic but it’s a real solution that governments should throw money at as opposed to EVs which clearly aren’t a long term solution

No, government shouldn’t throw money at it no more than they should throw money at electrification/EVs.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Trump was right again!

According to media in Japan, Automotive News reports, BYD has plans for a new EV factory in Mexico in the hopes of exporting the cheap cars to the U.S. for sale without having to be hit with U.S. tariffs placed on China.

We helped on this project

But I diegress
There is a reason - to line the pockets of leftists. Surely you don't believe any of this crap is really about saving the environment.

What if you believe that the environment is OK and that the government should leave you the hell alone? What does that make a person?
In denial….I guess.

The environment is not ok. Man made climate change isn’t the problem that’s going to kill us. That’s just an issue used to try and control the masses. The actual damage of man made climate change can be debated but it’s just not a crisis. In reality trying to prevent MMCC does way more harm than good. If you want an example then look into what off shore wind mills are doing to the population of sea bass.
The actual problem facing humanity is pollution. That problem does massive damage regionally and micro plastic is a problem that has the potential to actually kill us off. “Potentially”. The science is still out on it but it’s worth a conversation. A conversation nobody is interested in having because it’s not a good political tool. Now how does that apply to EV battery production? We do massive damage regionally to produce batteries that do little to nothing to curb the dreaded MMCC and our “leaders” want to mandate it. That’s how government works. Make things worse and brag that they’re saving you.

Right. I do believe that pollution is an issue, as we are creating a massive amount of waste that has to go somewhere, a lot of which is harmful to the ecosystem, and a lot of which is largely the result of convenience/laziness.

I don't really know (none of us do) how much/if at all EVs reduce fossil fuel consumption and pollution. Obviously, the energy has to come from SOMEWHERE. It is only logical that if they are actually more efficient, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

In denial….I guess.

The environment is not ok. Man made climate change isn’t the problem that’s going to kill us. That’s just an issue used to try and control the masses. The actual damage of man made climate change can be debated but it’s just not a crisis. In reality trying to prevent MMCC does way more harm than good. If you want an example then look into what off shore wind mills are doing to the population of sea bass.
The actual problem facing humanity is pollution. That problem does massive damage regionally and micro plastic is a problem that has the potential to actually kill us off. “Potentially”. The science is still out on it but it’s worth a conversation. A conversation nobody is interested in having because it’s not a good political tool. Now how does that apply to EV battery production? We do massive damage regionally to produce batteries that do little to nothing to curb the dreaded MMCC and our “leaders” want to mandate it. That’s how government works. Make things worse and brag that they’re saving you.

Well said.

My love of the outdoors has turned me into a bit of a hippie due to the pollution topic. It always amazed me to see these vehicles with Bass Pro and Remington bumper stickers flicking their cigarette butts out the window...

Well said.

My love of the outdoors has turned me into a bit of a hippie due to the pollution topic. It always amazed me to see these vehicles with Bass Pro and Remington bumper stickers flicking their cigarette butts out the window...

Hate that. I also hate seeing people flick their butts out into the lake like it's a damn ash tray.

In denial….I guess.

Right. I do believe that pollution is an issue, as we are creating a massive amount of waste that has to go somewhere, a lot of which is harmful to the ecosystem, and a lot of which is largely the result of convenience/laziness.

I don't really know (none of us do) how much/if at all EVs reduce fossil fuel consumption and pollution. Obviously, the energy has to come from SOMEWHERE. It is only logical that if they are actually more efficient, that wouldn't be a bad thing.
My problem isn’t their use or efficiency. My problem is the nasty battery manufacturing processes and the environmental rape that goes on to mine raw materials. In my mind it’s mandatory trading of one band manufacturing process for a worse manufacturing process that reaps no rewards.
I’m actually a fan of the use of electricity. I’d love to see nuclear plants everywhere and bullet trails crisscrossing the country.

VN Store

Back