The Official Tennessee Shriners College Showdown Games Thread (Friday 2/16 8PM EST) (Sat. 2/17 8PM EST) (Sun. 2/18 7:30PM EST) (FLOBASEBALL TV)

Bingo! Tony V has our program to the point where he is coaching with an eye toward May and June, not February.
Exactly. One only has to look at last year. Tony was telling everyone at the beginning of the year they were way overrated. he kept working and tweaking and moving the pieces and the team finally gelled and went on a roll all the way to Omaha. Last year he proved his coaching chops IMO. Does he still do things I wish he would do differently (like pull a pitcher one batter sooner)? Absolutely! That doesn’t even mean I’m right and he’s wrong. Hindsight is 20/20. He proved last year he knows what he’s doing and we just need to trust him. The ride may get bumpy at times, but he will take us where we need to go.

Exactly. One only has to look at last year. Tony was telling everyone at the beginning of the year they were way overrated. he kept working and tweaking and moving the pieces and the team finally gelled and went on a roll all the way to Omaha. Last year he proved his coaching chops IMO. Does he still do things I wish he would do differently (like pull a pitcher one batter sooner)? Absolutely! That doesn’t even mean I’m right and he’s wrong. Hindsight is 20/20. He proved last year he knows what he’s doing and we just need to trust him. The ride may get bumpy at times, but he will take us where we need to go.
And this year he’s told everyone they’re pretty good. He tends to have an idea.

Baseball is a game of failure. Winning 2/3 is all you ever need to do. Sweeps are nice, but this isn’t football. You’ll never go undefeated.

And this year he’s told everyone they’re pretty good. He tends to have an idea.

Baseball is a game of failure. Winning 2/3 is all you ever need to do. Sweeps are nice, but this isn’t football. You’ll never go undefeated.
Did you get my email for tickets? I’ve got Illinois available, not sure about SEC yet.

Speak for yourself pal! I do a pretty damn good job of coaching from my recliner, thank you very much.
54D6545C-638C-47DE-8776-460F38A419CB.gif

Apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread, but why does the Saturday game Box Score show Stamos with 0 pitches?

Apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread, but why does the Saturday game Box Score show Stamos with 0 pitches?

It is likely that the season is young and errors get made. He pitched 1.0, 0k, 0bb, 1 assist, and 2 putouts. Whether that’s accurate or not I can’t say, as I didn’t get to watch the game.

VN Store

Back