The Official Tennessee Shriners College Showdown Games Thread (Friday 2/16 8PM EST) (Sat. 2/17 8PM EST) (Sun. 2/18 7:30PM EST) (FLOBASEBALL TV)

Tough loss for Vols, long season CTV in feeling out process on what lineup is best .

For those already having anxiety attack, as Aaron Rodgers said "Just Relax"

As always Go Vols.

BTW I seen where Zander gets start today. Well deserved young man..
Z will get us back on track!!

I think he is a great coach, but hasnt done anything to prove to be elite.. Doesnt mean I would fire him tomorrow but I am allowed to have an opinion on a message board lol
I'm not sure where the line is between great and elite. Maybe you're considering longevity and he hasn't reached that threshold yet. But what he's accomplished in his tenure could not be more impressive, at least not realistically.

Regarding you “being allowed to have an opinion on a message board”, I guess that’s true even how ridiculous and absurd it may be.
There are many fans like this echo seem surprised and wounded when they express a negative opinion about a popular coach. I have no idea why they think people should not comment on their comments. Persecution complex, engage.

I don’t think people realize that this is the same thing as a weekend series in conference and that if we win tomorrow then it’s the equivalent of winning a weekend series and NO ONE complains about winning a weekend series. People need to CHILL

They also need to chill because it’s *checks schedule*…..the second game of the year and it’s baseball.

There are many fans like this echo seem surprised and wounded when they express a negative opinion about a popular coach. I have no idea why they think people should not comment on their comments. Persecution complex, engage.

People who always bring up “allowed to have an opinion” realize that people are allowed to have an opinion about their opinion…..right?

Would people still be questioning Tony if C-MO’s ball didn’t land 3 “inches” foul from being the game winner? Baseball is a game of inches and failure. If that bothers you, maybe some of you need to spend more time in the football forum.
Yep. Incredible that any Vol fan would question Tony V. From 'contract year Rod' to now, there's been no better coach at UT. Wouldn't trade him for any coach in the country. What he's done here has been nothing short of amazing. While it would have been great to win, Tony has to find out what he has on this roster and on the pitching staff. It's one thing to go out against the softer, midweek opponents, bit this was a great opportunity to see guys face a legit SEC caliber opponent early in the season. Yesterday was disappointing, but win today and we just took the series.

Would’ve loved to get the win, but Tony is in experiment mode. It was the same stuff last year. We lost a couple on opening weekend and one of the teams was Grand Canyon, we’ll be fine.
Exactly. Test what they want to see under game conditions. Willing to experiment and possibly lose in order to gain a more clear path towards what will help us more in the future. This game was not managed anything like an NCAA Regional or Super Regional will be managed. Big picture is really tough on certain folks, it seems. Warning: before proceeding with your Tennessee fandom experience, please be advised that we WILL lose again.

Exactly. Test what they want to see under game conditions. Willing to experiment and possibly lose in order to gain a more clear path towards what will help us more in the future. This game was not managed anything like an NCAA Regional or Super Regional will be managed. Big picture is really tough on certain folks, it seems. Warning: before proceeding with your Tennessee fandom experience, please be advised that we WILL lose again.
So you're saying The Baseball team will not go 55-1🤔

I'm not sure where the line is between great and elite. Maybe you're considering longevity and he hasn't reached that threshold yet. But what he's accomplished in his tenure could not be more impressive, at least not realistically.
For those of us who remember free admission by donating a can of green beans, I’m very pleased with the job Tony V is doing and the progression of our program.

Yep. Incredible that any Vol fan would question Tony V. From 'contract year Rod' to now, there's been no better coach at UT. Wouldn't trade him for any coach in the country. What he's done here has been nothing short of amazing. While it would have been great to win, Tony has to find out what he has on this roster and on the pitching staff. It's one thing to go out against the softer, midweek opponents, bit this was a great opportunity to see guys face a legit SEC caliber opponent early in the season. Yesterday was disappointing, but win today and we just took the series.
Bingo! Tony V has our program to the point where he is coaching with an eye toward May and June, not February.

VN Store

Back