Recruiting Football Talk VII

I’ll repeat what I said to another poster: Anything that causes a basketball team to lose it’s cohesiveness is bad for the team and affects the play of said team. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2 teammates having a thing for another teammate or 2 teammates having a thing for someone not on the team. Players will take sides and instead of pulling together (which is critical for a basketball team) these players are pulling away from each other...

Could have made this same argument 60 years ago for a different reason.

Eddie Vedder is the only singer from any of the bands I listed that’s still alive. It was great music, but the scene was very self destructive. It would’ve lasted a lot longer if it weren’t that way. Unfortunate, but I’m glad we got what we did from it. Rock music hasn’t done anything since that era for me.

That last sentence is a shame. I grew listening to everything you guys have been talking about and I can tell you there's a TON of great rock music to be found if you go looking for it, whether or not you are a fan of the grunge alternative stuff.

I will add, as others have said … Colter Wall. Got an old gravelly cowboy sound - and pretty good at story telling. I could listen to “Bob Fudge” a million times because I can visually see the lyrics he’s talking about. He has many much more catchy and popular tunes, but that hits me in the feels.

Checked out the Red Clay Strays? Pretty darn good.

If we're gonna talk country music, can I just throw in how much I love Patsy Cline? Y'all keep talking about the guys and leaving out the gals. Patsy, Loretta, Dolly, Tammy Wynette.... They are all great as well.

Yes..........and don't forget Emmylou.

Really like Patty Loveless as well. Some great duets out there of her with Vince Gill and Chris Stapleton!

Reactions: COOKEVOL
Could have made this same argument 60 years ago for a different reason.
It's never a good idea for teammates to date. I don't care about a player's sexual orientation. Gay, straight, bi, asexual, whatever; that's their personal business. But teammates dating is inviting trouble.

That last sentence is a shame. I grew listening to everything you guys have been talking about and I can tell you there's a TON of great rock music to be found if you go looking for it, whether or not you are a fan of the grunge alternative stuff.
Three days Grace to 5 finger death punch to slip knot to parkway drive. Doesn’t matter. All of it sucks to me

Yes..........and don't forget Emmylou.

Really like Patty Loveless as well. Some great duets out there of her with Vince Gill and Chris Stapleton!
OK, I'm out on some of these. When Country Music gets more 'twangy', it grates on my nerves. Sorry Hank Williams Jr. Loving some Zac Brown.

Three days Grace to 5 finger death punch to slip knot to parkway drive. Doesn’t matter. All of it sucks to me

That's all top 40 radio bullsh*t.

And yeah, it's garbage. Don't let that be your barometric reading for what music sounds like now.

I go to 30-50 shows a year. There's a ton of good music. Almost all of it won't be on the radio.

That's my baby girls name...but we spelled it differently. She has always loved her name because it is so unique...there are not many Raquels out there.
What are the odds you and I would have a daughter named Raquel and sell it differently???

Edit…spell not sell. Blaming Sally

Last edited:
It's never a good idea for teammates to date. I don't care about a player's sexual orientation. Gay, straight, bi, asexual, whatever; that's their personal business. But teammates dating is inviting trouble.

What are you even talking about?

The gay vs straight ratio to Geno Auriblahblah's championship UConn teams was akin to that of a Melissa Etheridge concert and that didn't seem to make a difference, whether or not they were mashing their unstoppable objects together.

Take a nap, Weezy.

What are you even talking about?

The gay vs straight ratio to Geno Auriblahblah's championship UConn teams was akin to that of a Melissa Etheridge concert and that didn't seem to make a difference, whether or not they were mashing their unstoppable objects together.

Take a nap, Weezy.
We've been discussing the reported Arkansas men's basketball love triangle and how it has affected their team. Keep up, Dink. Maybe I'm not the one that needs a nap. Teammates dating is a constant threat of destroying team chemistry. I'm not anti-gay players. I'm anti teammates dating each other.

VN Store

Back