‘23 LSU transfer OT Zalance Heard (Tennessee)

To be clear, sometime this week the news will become public. He just isn’t required to sit at a table surrounded by hats to pull off a portal transfer. I’ve tried to share commitments as I hear them. With Brazell and others it just eventually drifted into public knowledge over time. There was no flight tracker or press conference required for it to become real.

Sounds like, based on the way people on here define it, this kid is a bad culture fit for this team. Dragging this out like he has is not putting the members of this board first must mean that he will tear the locker room apart.
This is pure BS.

To be clear, sometime this week the news will become public. He just isn’t required to sit at a table surrounded by hats to pull off a portal transfer. I’ve tried to share commitments as I hear them. With Brazell and others it just eventually drifted into public knowledge over time. There was no flight tracker or press conference required for it to become real.
Any chance we go after the Washington guard Kalepo?

Tend to agree as the top-end is better. But like the breadth of #2 otoh
If the 98 and 96 are legit you have a first round draft picked and a late first early second round pick. One of the other pieces have a good chance of being a starter. If you get 3 good starters out of an offensive line class its a good class.

Commitment? We're way past that era. What I want to see is that the contracts are signed and he's a Vol. Failing that, I'll wait until he's enrolled to be excited.
I’m to the point I want to see the pictures of them in cap & gown walking across stage after 4 years for me to believe…

Reactions: NighthawkVol
But we need some sort of announcement to trigger us to start posting Boom! gifs!

Why wait and announce then?? Makes no sense
What does not make sense is typing stuff without waiting to find out if the delay is in fact linked to a reported tragedy down there. Might want to celebrate meeting an objective and not in conflict with some sadness down there. Might be a major indicator of class.

If that is the case those posters who went below the class line need to be called out in this very thread, once for each post and like of offending posts. Discretion is a terrible thing to waste.

Which OL class do you all think is better?

Vs

I’m assuming this is a comparison of this years class to the class with Wright and Morris…based on what we know right now I’d take the first one…it has two 5* OTs that played early and got drafted pretty high…but based purely on potential I think this years class could be much better all around than that class was

Reactions: Devo182
Do you think that we sent someone to Zalance to tell him all of the ways you could sing Rocky Top and he just hasn't finished yet?

Like how Bubba told the Gumps all the ways to cook shrimp, and he finally just gave in?

Is this even legal!?

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Classes start 22nd. What I’d like to know is what date can Heard be officially considered a student at TN so we can clear something to his group officially?

Hopefully Tuesday/Wednesday but I don’t know TN enrollment process well enough. Really don’t want to have to wait till the 22nd lol.
Is there a scenario where he could’ve agreed to a bigger NIL and forgoing a scholarship??? Wouldn’t be a hit on scholarship numbers then.

Is there a scenario where he could’ve agreed to a bigger NIL and forgoing a scholarship??? Wouldn’t be a hit on scholarship numbers then.
That’s a really good point, I was thinking the same thing in general, Say we have a booster bank rolling some of the transfer kids or even the high school kids. Do the kids have to take a scholarship and count against the 85 limit?

That’s a really good point, I was thinking the same thing in general, Say we have a booster bank rolling some of the transfer kids or even the high school kids. Do the kids have to take a scholarship and count against the 85 limit?
The 85 limit is strictly scholarships. I'd assume you could just call them a walk-on and save a spot.

VN Store

Back