Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

fuckyeah! HIMYM

I'd love to see folks today get in an automobile with a manual transmission, manual windows and a foot control high beam. Throw in no AC and I'd be rolling on the floor splitting my sides. And you know almost no one on this board knows the first thing about a clutch much less a rolling/coast start.
The first vehicle Dad got me in 82 when I was 14 was a rusted out, busted up old 70s C-10 if I remember correctly, that he got from an old cowboy that needed some money when we lived out in the Texas Panhandle...so yeah..

I drove that thing all over Texas, back and forth from D-FW, Midland-Odessa and Amarillo-Pampa as a 14-15 year old...yep I drove that old pos for 2 years and never got a drivers license until we moved to Knoxville in 85.

It was a different world back then....I quit school and went to work in the flooring business when I was 14.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Except that evil piece of 💩was real and killed a bunch of our people while they were just sitting there at work.

Well, yes. I think that's why it was so meaningful for us when he died. I'd never felt happiness at a death (and don't believe we ever should feel happiness from someone dying even if the man/woman in question is evil - feeling relief, maybe but not feeling so good you feel like dancing) and to my shame I did feel good when he died.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Well, yes. I think that's why it was so meaningful for us when he died. I'd never felt happiness at a death (and don't believe we ever should feel happiness from someone dying even if the man/woman in question is evil - feeling relief, maybe but not feeling so good you feel like dancing) and to my shame I did feel good when he died.
OMG...what in the hell is wrong with rejoicing when evil scum are removed from the circles of the earth and deposited in their eternal home in hell?

I will NEVER understand that thinking....it blows my mind.

OMG...what in the hell is wrong with rejoicing when evil scum are removed from the circles of the earth and deposited in their eternal home in hell?

I will NEVER understand that thinking....it blows my mind.

A life ended is a life that can't find salvation. That's what's wrong with rejoicing in a death. As long as a person breathes there's time for their soul to find salvation. You should understand this.

A life ended is a life that can't find salvation. That's what's wrong with rejoicing in a death. As long as a person breathes there's time for their soul to find salvation. You should understand this.
Some are natural brute beasts...made to ge taken and destroyed. There is a huge difference in doing evil..and being pure evil.

You misunderstand me...I am not taking about bad sinners...I am talking about pure evil sociopaths and psychopaths that only want go hurt and destroy life in others...they are devils.

Who do you the lord was talking about when he said cast not your pearls before swine, or your bread to the dogs? He wasn't talking about Babe and Rover...he was talking about humans.

Some are natural brute beasts...made to ge taken and destroyed. There is a huge difference in doing evil..and being pure evil.

You misunderstand me...I am not taking about bad sinners...I am talking about pure evil sociopaths and psychopaths that only want go hurt and destroy life in others...they are devils.

Who do you the lord was talking about when he said cast not your pearls before swine, or your bread to the dogs? He wasn't talking about Babe and Rover...he was talking about humans.
Specific context was the religious establishment who heard the gospel and refused it in favor of a religion of self-righteousness. You know, the ones who stood in public and prayed, "God, thank you that I am not a sinner such as that man."

Your argument is incredibly ironic.

Last edited:
Specific context was the religious establishment who heard the gospel and refused it in favor of a religion of self-righteousness. You know, the ones who stood in public and prayed, "God, thank you that I am not a sinner such as that man."

Your argument is incredibly ironic.
I'm talking about Hitler...Dahmer...Gacy...Stalin...Pol Pot...Mao..

Come on man...

Reactions: Volunteer821
I'm talking about Hitler...Dahmer...Gacy...Stalin...Pol Pot...Mao..

Come on man...
Me too. The gospel is the gospel, bruh. You either believe it or you don't. Every one of us deserve Hell, and the only thing that saves us is Jesus' finished work.

Here's a good self-test for your understanding/belief of the gospel:

If Osama and/or Hitler had a moment of clarity just before death, and accepted Jesus' atoning work, would you be glad or angry that they found salvation?

Me too. The gospel is the gospel, bruh. You either believe it or you don't. Every one of us deserve Hell, and the only thing that saves us is Jesus' finished work.

Here's a good self-test for your understanding/belief of the gospel:

If Osama and/or Hitler had a moment of clarity just before death, and accepted Jesus' atoning work, would you be glad or angry that they found salvation?
They wouldn't...but if they did it would mean they truly repented and weren't just trying to escape hell..so yeah..

I believe there are things in this world that are purely evil, that have no conscience and only exist to hurt and destroy, they exult and take joy in torturing and slaughtering...those things hate God and will not recognize the authority of God anymore than their father.

And I will rejoice when he is destroyed.

And I understood your implication about me perfectly earlier...I ain't that smart, but I am not stupid either.

Reactions: rikberry31
They wouldn't...but if they did it would mean they truly repented and weren't just trying to escape hell..so yeah..

I believe there are things in this world that are purely evil, that have no conscience and only exist to hurt and destroy, they exult and take joy in torturing and slaughtering...those things hate God and will not recognize the authority of God anymore than their father.

And I will rejoice when he is destroyed.

And I understood your implication about me perfectly earlier...I ain't that smart, but I am not stupid either.

I believe that every human was made in God's image, and every one of us inherited Adam's sin nature. Thus we were all born into sin and incapability. I don't see human beings--none of them--as 'things'. I see all of us as deserving an eternity separated from God, the only source of good/love/fulfillment/etc...thus all of us have earned our place in Hell.

I see every human as deserving that, and yet loved by God. Loved so much that the Father would send the Son to be tortured and murdered as a scapegoat--a substitutionary sin. For every last one. Imagine that. For Hitler and Osama Bin Ladin. Imagine that... even for me.

I see every human as a Pearl of Great Price. As a treasure hidden in mud--dirty and appearing worthless. And yet, when Jesus found them, He sold all that He owned to buy the field so He could have them.

Osama Bin Ladin was a mass murderer. So was Hitler. Yet if I'm to take Jesus at His word, He equated hatred and anger to be just as bad as murder. How many times have I lost my temper and harbored grudges? How many times have you admitted on here--or exhibited on here--a pretty bad temper?

I'm glad you got my implication. It was intended. You and I are in no shape to call any other person a 'thing'. The gospel is one beggar telling another beggar where the feast is.

If you want to live the gospel, realize that you and I are beggars, brother.

That's the gospel. You can accept it or reject it. I won't feel bad or embarrassed for saying it, as it's the power of God to salvation--for ALL people.

VN Store

Back