The Goodyear Cotton Bowl: #9 Missouri (10-2) vs #7 Ohio State (11-1) (8PM ET, ESPN)

So is it time to fire Day? I thought it was silly when OSU people starting saying that after losing to Michigan. But when, if all reporting is to be true, you basically tell your starting QB to hit the road and then go and only score 3 points in a bowl game, it’s hard for me to not say he’s gotta go.

Have you seen Day's record? And his recruiting classes?

You fire a guy with that level of success and you're dooming yourself to some really bad future hires.

In other words, you want him to act like Deion Sanders.
Never said that. But if people are going to talk smack, mix it up and do it beforehand as well. Be confident in yourself. Show you can give the other team bulletin board material and still beat them.

Drink on the other hand will compliment opponents, play nice, and make self depricating jokes before the game. Then afterwards will talk trash.

OSU had virtually their entire team from the season on the field tonight. Harrison was the only major opt out and several guys who will be drafted in a few months started.

I've worked in the Columbus media for 13 years. My impression is Day was bowing to pressure from the boosters/fan base, who didn't like McCord not being the dual threat passer they are use to. Day was waffling so McCord wanted a guarantee that he would start in 2024. It was absolutely a matter of the fans and ultimately the team running him off.

The portal is open to January 2nd. Day could've easily talked McCord into staying. Even if he was only considering transferring, it would've been a nice audition for other programs. He was run off.

Something isn't right in the OSU football program right now and their longtime AD (who survived Tressel and Meyer scandals) is retiring in 7 months. Things are about to get very bumpy in Buckeye County.

OSU had virtually their entire team from the season on the field tonight. Harrison was the only major opt out and several guys who will be drafted in a few months started.

I've worked in the Columbus media for 13 years. My impression is Day was bowing to pressure from the boosters/fan base, who didn't like McCord not being the dual threat passer they are use to. Day was waffling so McCord wanted a guarantee that he would start in 2024. It was absolutely a matter of the fans and ultimately the team running him off.

The portal is open to January 2nd. Day could've easily talked McCord into staying. Even if he was only considering transferring, it would've been a nice audition for other programs. He was run off.

Something isn't right in the OSU football program right now and their longtime AD (who survived Tressel and Meyer scandals) is retiring in 7 months. Things are about to get very bumpy in Buckeye County.

OSU was missing 3 major starters on offense with McCord, MHII, and Eichenberg. And then at the start of Q2, they were forced to play a true freshman that had no business being on that field last night. He looked worse than Nathan Peterman. For reference, imagine if Nico was sitting out and then Moore got hurt on the first series of the Iowa game. Would anyone expect us to put up more than 7 points with Navy at QB?

I don't know how anyone can put this on Day, other than by maybe not having a more experienced back-up QB. But they were averaging about 6 yards carry before Brown went out. They were moving the ball offensively. When he got injured, they averaged less then 4 ypc the rest of the game and had several 3 and outs.

Last edited:
As soon as I saw Ohio State's first drive, I knew they were going to lose. To think the offense got even worse after the QB got injured.

Embarrassing game for OSU. Hats off to Shrader for an incredible season.

OSU was missing 3 major starters on offense with McCord, MHII, and Eichenberg. And then at the start of Q2, they were forced to play a true freshman that had no business being on that field last night. He looked worse than Nathan Peterman. For reference, imagine if Nico was sitting out and then Moore got hurt on the first series of the Iowa game. Would anyone expect us to put up more than 7 points with Navy at QB?

I don't know how anyone can put this on Day, other than by maybe not having a more experienced back-up QB. But they were averaging about 6 yards carry before Brown went out. They were moving the ball offensively. When he got injured, they averaged less then 4 ypc the rest of the game and had several 3 and outs.
Good points. Really hard to keep an experienced backup these days. If a decent QB doesn’t start by year 2, he’s more than likely hitting the portal.

I was dumfounded in how we lost to Missouri. They were handed a bear cub tied to a tree with Ohio State using their third string QB and no Marvin Harrison, basically a 100% run team and OSUs defense, by themselves, held Mizzou off until almost the end of the game. Missouri had their whole team out there and won the game basically because OSU had zero offensive capabilities.

Reactions: Carp and Bret178

Stroud wasn’t a dual-threat guy. He ran for like 80 yards last year and 100 of it came in one game (think it was the 2nd to last game). After 10 games last year Stroud had negative rushing yards so why are fans surprised? Day’s offense isn’t the same as Urban’s.

This. That was a shell of the OSU team all year so Mizzou acting like they won the NC for beating that OSU team on the field was comical. Eli is such a dork.

Reactions: Carp

VN Store

Back