'24 GA TE Jonathan Echols (USF commit)

They already have an elite athlete learning to play TE in Okoye. Probably best to use that scholarship on someone who can contribute sooner.
exactly what I was saying no more projects especially a non productive 4 star super athlete that had no offers and settles on USF? I hope the kid finds a position and takes off but right now he is no loss and is easily replaceable for the 2 to 3 yrs it is going to take to see the field.

that was davis last year for his senior year, not echols
Echols was hit by Edwin Spillman in his first game of the season and was coughing up blood after the hit, pretty sure they said he was going to be out the rest of the year after that. (Back around post #695 - 700 in this thread).

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Echols was hit by Edwin Spillman in his first game of the season and was coughing up blood after the hit, pretty sure they said he was going to be out the rest of the year after that. (Back around post #695 - 700 in this thread).

Rumor is that hit is when he decided he wasn’t gonna play SEC ball

Who is that? Can’t be MacGyver
tmp.gif

Hasn’t panned out?

We see just how well it pans out while he’s at USF. He’s a very good TE prospect.
Why? Why in your expert evaluation is he a “very good TE prospect”? Hell off the top of your head without consulting Google what’s his stats at TE this year? Where are all the other elite offers for him to play TE at a school?

Why? Why in your expert evaluation is he a “very good TE prospect”? Hell off the top of your head without consulting Google what’s his stats at TE this year? Where are all the other elite offers for him to play TE at a school?
Didn’t someone say he was injured in the first game and missed most of the season? I’ve searched the internet and outside of this thread I don’t see where there’s any information about who has offered him as a TE. But I do see that every recruiting service lists him as a TE. Perhaps you can enlighten me on where that offer information is coming from.

Regardless, I said he’s a good prospect because he’s a good athlete who plays violent.

Last edited:
I apologize if someone already said this but wasn't he a 5 Star when he committed to us? He just kept dropping over time for some reason. I know he was injured but he was dropping before that. Go Vols!

I apologize if someone already said this but wasn't he a 5 Star when he committed to us? He just kept dropping over time for some reason. I know he was injured but he was dropping before that. Go Vols!
He was a 5* DE and an athlete who was versatile enough to play on offense, but he wanted to be an offensive player only, and at TE, he's more of a 3* player with athletic upside with the right coaching.

In other words, he should have stuck to defense.

He was a 5* DE and an athlete who was versatile enough to play on offense, but he wanted to be an offensive player only, and at TE, he's more of a 3* player with athletic upside with the right coaching.

In other words, he should have stuck to defense.
We may not have seen the last of Echols. Possible that he goes to USF for more opportunities at playing time at TE and immediate development in a system that is similar to ours. If he pans out at USF he may go into portal in a couple years and find himself back at UT. USF in a sense may be our AA farm league team. In this day and age, wouldn't surprise me if such informal arrangements with other coaches occur.

We may not have seen the last of Echols. Possible that he goes to USF for more opportunities at playing time at TE and immediate development in a system that is similar to ours. If he pans out at USF he may go into portal in a couple years and find himself back at UT. USF in a sense may be our AA farm league team. In this day and age, wouldn't surprise me if such informal arrangements with other coaches occur.

Would very much surprise me if a coach was like yeah we’ll take this guy and develop him and then you can have him

Reactions: miket4god

VN Store

Back