Recruiting Football Talk VII

It’s reaching the point that I’m convincing myself that Nico must be hot trash and a major bust because that is the ONLY thing I can imagine that would explain how Heupel has handled the offense this year.

Otherwise there is just really no excuse. Starting to get concerned that Hooker is Heupel’s Dobbs and last year was as good as it will ever get. Like I said earlier, we’ve been as uncompetitive in our losses this year as we were in Year 1. That is just not acceptable for a program trying to make the next step.

Pretty sure redshirting (or at least very limited play during his freshman year) was part of the promise/plan with his family when he signed.

Better management throughout this season would have given Heupel more grace going into next season. With the way he's handled certain in-game things this season, I fear the fans will start to turn on him at the first sign of any problems next year.

On a lot of the talking heads shows they it's because they're afraid to throw Nico out there because of injury. They say he needs a year to add weight idk

Not playing a player because you are afraid he might get hurt is cowardly. Which explains everything because we just kicked a 55 yard FG down 38-10 to try and make the score not look as bad which is a move a coward makes. Flame me if you want but that was embarassing.

Reactions: KptVFL
Pretty sure redshirting (or at least very limited play during his freshman year) was part of the promise/plan with his family when he signed.

I don’t get that. If he’s as good as advertised, he’s not going to be here for four years anyways. So why does it matter if he redshirts or not?

Highly doubt it. Bet they would have preferred he just start from Day 1 which would have been better for this program as well.

Not playing a player because you are afraid he might get hurt is cowardly. Which explains everything because we just kicked a 55 yard FG down 38-10 to try and make the score not look as bad which is a move a coward makes. Flame me if you want but that was embarassing.
What's the difference in throwing him out there and him starting next year? I mean our online might be worse next year

Highly doubt it. Bet they would have preferred he just start from Day 1 which would have been better for this program as well.
You're wrong. It's been said from the beginning that Heupel and Nico's family had an agreement on how he would be brought along.

It almost seems like CJH is playing his seniors knowing the game is well in hand for UGA. Why else is Lampley in the game, why else try to kick at 55 yarder?

VN Store

Back