This isn’t on Heupel

Frosty

Let me preface this by saying he didn’t call a perfect game by any stretch, but the nonstop snowball of flags or lack thereof are impossible to gameplan against.

We ran well, threw well, hell we even defended well. Nothing you can do to beat the stripes on top of it all. Some calls could’ve been different, but hindsight is 20/20 when in a fair game this is completely different.

We were screwed the second we laced them up. Team did enough to win, Bama just could play beyond the rules and refs created new rules on the fly to screw us.

There wasn’t any one thing that cost the game, but you gotta know you’re not likely to get a fair game called at Bama. So it puts it on the coaches even more to NOT make mistakes and keep the players from doing the same. The margin for error is too slim. That’s where Huepel hurt his team. He picked bad times to gamble with questionable logic.

Let me preface this by saying he didn’t call a perfect game by any stretch, but the nonstop snowball of flags or lack thereof are impossible to gameplan against.

We ran well, threw well, hell we even defended well. Nothing you can do to beat the stripes on top of it all. Some calls could’ve been different, but hindsight is 20/20 when in a fair game this is completely different.

We were screwed the second we laced them up. Team did enough to win, Bama just could play beyond the rules and refs created new rules on the fly to screw us.
Head coach. Head responsibility. It’s squarely on him.

The refs didn’t help, but neither did going for it on fourth and short twice with obvious plays. He’s lucky only one of those dumb calls cost him points. McCullough bailed him out on the first one. I still think he’s a good coach but hopefully he takes this as a learning experience. If we get up a few scores on another opponent, don’t play to sit on the lead. Dumbest strategy ever.

Heupel gets a piece of this. The 4th down calls aren't on the refs. The playing not to lose isn't on the refs.

The refs get a piece of this too. Awful. The calls didn't appear to go both ways. I'll still have to rewatch the see HOW bad it was, but it was not a well officiated game.

VN Store

Back