This isn’t on Heupel

Wish he had punted on that 2nd 4th down.
I wish we would've called a better play than a run up the middle.
Let me preface this by saying he didn’t call a perfect game by any stretch, but the nonstop snowball of flags or lack thereof are impossible to gameplan against.

We ran well, threw well, hell we even defended well. Nothing you can do to beat the stripes on top of it all. Some calls could’ve been different, but hindsight is 20/20 when in a fair game this is completely different.

We were screwed the second we laced them up. Team did enough to win, Bama just could play beyond the rules and refs created new rules on the fly to screw us.
Every time there was a close play for us they went to replay to see if they could take it away. We made 4th down TWICE and didn't due to lousy spots.

This is 100 percent on coaches. It’s like they left town in the 2nd half. How does the same team put up 20 pts, hold the opponent to 7. Then all of a sudden score ZERO and allow 27 pts?
They had a really good plan offensively and defensively in the first half but coming out for the second it’s like they just forgot everything.

This loss is a combination of play calling, corrupt officials, and shooting ourselves in the foot. All can be true at the same time.

Also a bit of lack of trust in our QB, but I place that blame on the coaches. You coach around what you have.

Lay off the hooch. Worst called second half I might have ever seen in my 31 years. Joe has a great first half, and we come out the second half and decide we’re going to try to run out the clock a whole second half and take the game out of his hands. If you’re scared to let your qb throw the ball take him the hell out of the game. Worst officiated game I might have ever seen, hope Mr. Williamson sells plenty of houses in the greater tusc market this year.

It is Heupel's program. It is 100% squarely on him. That being said, he still rebuilding a program that needed a MAJOR rebuild. Still don't have enough horses to run with the big dogs yet.

Reactions: Raebo
Let me preface this by saying he didn’t call a perfect game by any stretch, but the nonstop snowball of flags or lack thereof are impossible to gameplan against.

We ran well, threw well, hell we even defended well. Nothing you can do to beat the stripes on top of it all. Some calls could’ve been different, but hindsight is 20/20 when in a fair game this is completely different.

We were screwed the second we laced them up. Team did enough to win, Bama just could play beyond the rules and refs created new rules on the fly to screw us.
Certainly the refs had an effect. You can’t tell me that Bama only had one penalty the entire game. My eyes say different. But let’s call it like it is. We played well in the first half and the entire team was abysmal in the second half. Offense, defense and coaching all stank.

Rarely have ever criticized Josh but he got way too conservative in the second half and that 4th down call was inexcusable when we hadn’t been able to run the ball between the tackles. That was a big turning point.

What I don’t know enough x and o level stuff is “did Alabama make defensive adjustments at halftime that took away what we were doing successfully in the first half?” Any of you real football gurus who know this stuff have any input?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
This team still chokes when the big opportunities are in front of them. The coaching staff has to figure out how to get this program past that. Taking the next step is hard, but that is what we’re supposedly paying big bucks to the head coach to do.

As good as last season felt, it still wasn’t anything other than “nice.” No championship. Not even a chance at one. That choke against SCar made sure of that. Showing up and beating Clemson was good, but … well … we see how this follow-up season has been so far: under-performing, choking at crucial times (in the Swamp and today), still can’t seem to gain consistency on the road, etc.

We’re three seasons in. I was hoping for better. Didn’t expect perfect but better than what we’ve seen so far. Losses are frustrating. However, the consistent inconsistency is maddening.

I love Heupel but he has been out coached the last two games our defense just bailed us out last week.

Other than the total bs on the penalty differential: It usually comes down to one guy making his block or defending his man.

If we had not made a handful of those mistakes in the second half, I think we win the game. 37-24.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Y’all are high to blame coaching. I’ll give you the loss to UF, but this was the most one sided officiated game I’ve ever watched. Bama got away with so much.

Reactions: Yazzy

VN Store

Back