NCAA rules against Tn. No bowl ban

Anyone else notice that we are basically giving the NCAA Pruitt’s buyout? That $8 Mil will likely give them another year of relevance! J/K

I don’t know how bad this is, but it doesn’t seem to be just a slap on the wrist. What good did all the self imposed stuff do? Prevent bowl bans I guess. Thanks again Fulmer for making the worst hire in the history of the program.

It got us credited with 16 scholarship losses. If we hadn't that would have been 28 lost scholarships over the next 5 yrs. That's way more than the 12 we will have now. Fulmer has definitely tarnished his legacy at TN.

Reactions: vol94
Pruitt's payout would have been $12.6 million so you can offset the $8 million fine and say Tennessee is $4.6 million ahead.

$3.6 million, we paid Foolmer a cool million out the door and his gross mismanagement, greed and over inflated ego of his necessary representation of the university should finally be put out to pasture. Tennessee got of lightly given the complete disregard for the rules and hiring incompetent people to important positions within the university and the athletic department. Bev Davenport hired Foolmer, Blonde Donde raised and extended Foolmer and Cornbread 6 months before the program hit the ditch and for no really good reason, neither was going anywhere.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
$3.6 million, we paid Foolmer a cool million out the door and his gross mismanagement, greed and over inflated ego of his necessary representation of the university should finally be put out to pasture. Tennessee got of lightly given the complete disregard for the rules and hiring incompetent people to important positions within the university and the athletic department. Bev Davenport hired Foolmer, Blonde Donde raised and extended Foolmer and Cornbread 6 months before the program hit the ditch and for no really good reason, neither was going anywhere.
Hold on to then Plowman hate till the day you die.

This wasn’t getting hammered by any stretch of the imagination. Tennessee was proactive though in self imposed scholarship reductions. This will minimally effect the program going forwards after the initial stink of it wears off.

I found this quote in the CBS article.
"Tennessee will lose 28 scholarships over five years, with at least two lost each season. The program reduced scholarships by 16 over the first two seasons due to self-imposed sanctions, meaning current coach Josh Heupel and his staff must only sit 12 total scholarships short over the next three seasons. "
So, not sure but think it already start with the 2 years where we reduced by 16 and now, we have 12 over the next 3 years. It would 4 per year on average.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Seems like the ncaa took the “we don’t want to piss them off but man they were really bad boys and girls for a while so let’s still teach the new staff a lesson” approach. Their logic is laughable, although I understand that the powers that be need at least a partial bow from time to time . I guess we are just saying what the heck let’s just let them have a few little things and get it over with.

Reactions: TartanTurff
16 total wins while at UT..

Yea but only 10 were SEC wins. Regardless all that does is take away from total wins, which means what? We still won them on the field. Any school claiming those wins obviously believes in participation trophies. I'd much rather have 16 wins vacated than get a bowl ban. Plus I'm doubting it would be all 16 wins.if anything it would be Pruitt's 2nd and 3rd yrs, which had 11 wins, 8 being sec. Obviously that depends on which players were involved. We all know Gray, Henry T, Morris and the one that left for Mich St were probably involved. All those guys were from the 2019 class, which was Pruitt's 2nd year. So I doubt his first yr has any vacated wins.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I don’t know how bad this is, but it doesn’t seem to be just a slap on the wrist. What good did all the self imposed stuff do? Prevent bowl bans I guess. Thanks again Fulmer for making the worst hire in the history of the program.
It’s over we have already been credited with 16 scholarship reductions over the last 2 years. And the next 12 are over a 5 year span. And the 8 million dollars. GBO! It’s over and no more negative bull crap recruiting. No looking back here we come! Go Vols!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Im surprised Pruitt only got 6 years on his show cause to hire. Donnie Tyndall got 10, but I he was handing out money and grades? Maybe that's the extra 4 years.

Reactions: 508mikey
Is there a list of the ineligible players ? Of course they played elsewhere when they should not have been allowed to , that's an NCAA flaw

Reactions: onevol74
I found this quote in the CBS article.
"Tennessee will lose 28 scholarships over five years, with at least two lost each season. The program reduced scholarships by 16 over the first two seasons due to self-imposed sanctions, meaning current coach Josh Heupel and his staff must only sit 12 total scholarships short over the next three seasons. "
So, not sure but think it already start with the 2 years where we reduced by 16 and now, we have 12 over the next 3 years. It would 4 per year on average.

Don't think that's how it works. We have 5 yrs starting now I believe but haven't seen that confirmed yet. My guess is 5 yrs left of probation and 12 scholarships over the next 5 yrs.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Don't think that's how it works. We have 5 yrs starting now I believe but haven't seen that confirmed yet. My guess is 5 yrs left of probation and 12 scholarships over the next 5 yrs.
Correct, the 5 years starts today. And Pruitt's 6 year show cause also starts today.

VN Store

Back