Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Why do some of you feel threatened if someone posts that they know something? They may. They may not. Not a big deal.
Agree 100%. Some on these boards have really sad and pathetic lives to always question or respond to someone else. It's many times the same posters with the same drivel over and over. Let posts go if you don't agree, you're not changing anyone's mind.

Why not wait to see if what he posts is true?

Of course it’s true, it’s almost all pretty much known info - that’s how fortune tellers work. It’s out there who the finalists are. Basic assumptions/declarations can be made off that:

- he’s torn between UT and UGA (no sh*t)
- distance isn’t a factor (we already know the finalists)
- pressure to stay home (he’s a HIGHLY rated kid in the state of Ga surrounded by Ga fans everyday, so duh)
- was all Clemson until recently (yes, the recruiting services told us who was/is trending in this recruitment)
- NIL not a big factor (listen to the kid in interviews and you would guess this)

The only thing could even be argued is who mom/dad prefers.

Of course it’s true, it’s almost all pretty much known info - that’s how fortune tellers work. It’s out there who the finalists are. Basic assumptions/declarations can be made off that:

- pressure to stay home (he’s a HIGHLY rated kid in the state of Ga surrounded by Ga fans everyday, so duh)
- was all Clemson until recently (yes, the recruiting services told us who was/is trending in this recruitment)
- NIL not a big factor (listen to the kid in interviews and you would guess this)

OK

I don’t disagree, but hypothetically speaking, what would an insider need to bring to the table to not simply rely on the Barnum effect? (Yes I just googled this because I didn’t know the specific term for it).

My guess is that it would need to be more specific than the things you mentioned. Something like, an 👀 symbol. Now that would mean something. Or maybe, a 😎. That would be insider status confirmed immediately.

I don’t disagree, but hypothetically speaking, what would an insider need to bring to the table to not simply rely on the Barnum effect? (Yes I just googled this because I didn’t know the specific term for it).

My guess is that it would need to be more specific than the things you mentioned. Something like, an 👀 symbol. Now that would mean something. Or maybe, a 😎. That would be insider status confirmed immediately.

⚙️ ⚙️ ⚙️ <— don’t forget these

99Vawl
KingNico
99vawl called something when no one elsw had an idea of what was going on.
That is an insider. Atlanta Vol was a good one too. Had way too many connections and verifiable proof. He just got burned on telling everyone who was in boat way too early. I do miss atl vol though.

loud-noises.gif

Because some people are trash. And literally wake up in the morning and decide to have hate in their heart.
This. I'm not saying @MarcoVol is this type of person, at all; but, this is absolutely true.

I like MV...I like that if someone makes a statement, he will challenge that statement if it's not true or leaves a lot of room TO BE challenged. I hate lies and falseness, as well...and, I'm all for such being called out and ran off. Even though I'm pretty sure MV and me stand completely opposite of one another as it pertains to ways of problem solving (politics...ipso, facto, the way we see the world), I can respect ANYONE challenging that which may be bullsh!t. That is the starting point of fixing things, the truth.

With that being said, I have no idea how someone has not killed or beat the hell out of MV. Sometimes he veers, and does these things out of boredom (he'll admit this, if I'm not mistaken); also, he seems to take everything literally, no room for hyperbole or just good ole fandom. He'll poke, he'll nudge.

I dont agree with how he went about it; but, I want "info" and "insiders" challenged, especially if they're new here. No, I don't put ALL my hope, my excitement on something someone on a message board says...my fault if I do, then I'm let down in the end; but, who else is not just a wee bit more excited and pumped, based on what this new poster has brought.

I've seen it posted, "we run off our insiders"...well, if they're full of sh!t, I don't want them here. On the flip side of that, don't beat the hell out of EVERYONE that comes around and says, "hey, I know this prospect"...THEY MAY ACTUALLY DO. In time, they eventually out themselves, unless they're really good.

TLDR...forgive me, I'm waiting while my granny gets radiation...and, I'm 3 lattes, extra shots, in.

With that being said, I have no idea how someone has not killed or beat the hell out of MV. Sometimes he veers, and does these things out of boredom (he'll admit this, if I'm not mistaken); also, he seems to take everything literally, no room for hyperbole or just good ole fandom. He'll poke, he'll nudge.

Psht, I know how

giphy-downsized.gif

VN Store

Back