Favorite TV announcer

Keith ā€œRumblinā€™, Stumblinā€™, Fumblinā€™ā€ Jackson.
View attachment 553214

FUMBLLLLLLLLLLEWHOABOY,,,,

Worst ; Any sort of like Todd Blackledge or Gary whatā€™s his name out of the Big 10 being the color commentator at ANY SEC game. Patronize us for cryingā€™ out loud, at least pretend you can find a guy out of the South who can do it.

Reactions: ftsandersvol
Jim Nantz,
Madden and Summeral as a team were fantastic .
Marv Alberts on NBC.
Dick Enberg
Al Michaels

Despite some of the things he has said recently I think Herbstreit is the best in college football currently. I hope he returns to doing college football exclusively bc I think the NFL stuff is spreading him too thin and taking away from him doing what he does best and is most passionate about.

Radio voices I remember as a kid being in the car listening to Sonny Jerguson and Sam Huff on the Redskins radio network. This was before the Panthers were in the Carolinas.

Just wondering, since thereā€™s not much football to talk about right now, who everyoneā€™s favorite tv announcer is or was. If this has already been covered then please excuse me.
My favorite college football announcer was Keith Jackson. Used to love Saturday afternoons watching a game with him.
John Madden was my favorite in NFL. I also liked Howard Cosel although it took me a while to get used to him doing football.
Dandy Don Meredith had to be the absolute worst. Iā€™m sure you guys can bring up many more that I have forgotten about

Donā€™t know about my favoriteā€¦but the hacks on CBS are definitely my least favoriteā€¦I was watching UT/UF 22 with my 8 year old son this afternoonā€¦even he noticed how positive they were for UF and how they downplayed seemingly anything good that we didā€¦I swear Danielson was pretty clearly hoping UF scored on that last play

Current I think his name is Gus Johnsonā€¦ the Big Ten announcerā€¦ I do like RG3 as a sideline reporter.

Before I start, I treasure my memories of Jim McKay and Wide World of Sports and the Olympics of my youth on ABC.

Skip Carey is the best ever at baseball. I liked Don Sutton and Jim Palmer (who remembers ABC Monday Night Baseball?) too. Vin Scully was a national treasure, but I never understood Joe Garagiola. Saturday Baseball on NBC was a big deal too.

Howard Cosell brought a ton of excitement when he was on the broadcast, no matter the sport. One of my first sports memories is watching Cosell and whoever calling those blockbuster boxing bouts in the mid 70s to mid 80s, before they went pay-per-view, then HBO.

My favorite Football announcers were Hank Stram (I loved his style of almost losing control of his emotions. He was a fan like us.) and Dick Enberg.

Worst is Gary D and Chris Collinsworth

Just wondering, since thereā€™s not much football to talk about right now, who everyoneā€™s favorite tv announcer is or was. If this has already been covered then please excuse me.
My favorite college football announcer was Keith Jackson. Used to love Saturday afternoons watching a game with him.
John Madden was my favorite in NFL. I also liked Howard Cosel although it took me a while to get used to him doing football.
Dandy Don Meredith had to be the absolute worst. Iā€™m sure you guys can bring up many more that I have forgotten about
I see you have Mr. Davis (Master of Scarimony) as your picture. Classic! As far as announcers Iā€™ve pretty much tolerated most of them. But I enjoyed Pat Summerall doing the Masters with Jim Nance, Vern, and the rest. I think for me itā€™s more about the famous calls more than a long favorite announcer. Of course it goes without saying JOHN WARD and JACK BUCK!!!

Reactions: Sivad

VN Store

Back