Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you're right, they're high in carbs. Everything processed -- to my knowledge -- that is marketed as gluten-free is a carb bomb with starch additives galore.

I have made it myself using an egg, olive oil, and a (chopped) cauliflower in a blender. It's not difficult, but sort of a pain to deal with. It's better than store bought which apparently uses only stems (the big core) and added starches.
The issue I saw in the few I looked at is they were "cauliflower crusts" aka 1/3 cauliflower and 2/3 regular crust. More marketing than substance.

Agree on making your own, quite a pain to get the right consistency. Taste is meh.

I like InVol's idea of using the low carb tortillas. Already use them for everything else.

We've also become huge proponents of homemade pizza on Naan bread. Nope, it isn't keto friendly, but better than a big regular crust and deeelicious. One pizza comes out to about 700 calories with cheese and toppings...about 2 slices of regular pizza worth of calories.

I tried the Boylan Soda for lunch the was recommended earlier. Black Cherry. It's good.
I only drink a sugary soda pop maybe once a month, but my step-dad loved Boylans and he always had several different flavors in the big cooler at big family shindig, so I loved them too....now I miss my Mom and step-dad..😥 but thanks for the nostalgia it kicked in for a minute.

Tennessee has produced some greats. I'm not sure what the technical criteria for a proverbial Rushmore would be. Polk and Jackson weren't born in TN. Neither was Elvis. Morgan Freeman was born in Memphis but I think he considers Mississippi his homestate. Crockett is a good choice, and was born in (present day - former NC) TN. Reggie mostly only matters to Vols fans. He didn't make a national or international major impact imo. Not like the aformentioned ones, or any of the women listed.

I think Pat and Dolly are on there without debate.

I think its cool that there's several women worthy of being on our Rushmore and most states probably don't have that. It's impressive.

Reactions: SpookyAction
The issue I saw in the few I looked at is they were "cauliflower crusts" aka 1/3 cauliflower and 2/3 regular crust. More marketing than substance.

Agree on making your own, quite a pain to get the right consistency. Taste is meh.

I like InVol's idea of using the low carb tortillas. Already use them for everything else.

We've also become huge proponents of homemade pizza on Naan bread. Nope, it isn't keto friendly, but better than a big regular crust and deeelicious. One pizza comes out to about 700 calories with cheese and toppings...about 2 slices of regular pizza worth of calories.
If you've not done the tortilla pizza crust before, bake them first to crisp them up. Oil pan with a little olive oil, place torts, brush on some more olive oil sprinkle with a little Italian seasoning. Bake until they're starting to turn brown. Let them cool before adding sauce.

Polk was born in NC

Elvis wasn’t born in TN either but obviously left his legacy in the state. While Morgan Freeman was born in Memphis, I never really attributed him to TN. His family moved to MS at a real young age, and his influence as an adult has been there.

Edit: just now reading more recent posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back