'24 MO WR Ryan Wingo (Texas commit)

Well, Bama's QB's still looked like ****. That's the data we have. Beck was going against UGA's #1 defense, that's not nothing, as Hendon Hooker can attest. He's definitely unproven though in the sense that he hasn't taken meaningful snaps in real games, he was their mop up guy last year.
Hooker’s main issue was that our OLine got dominated that game partially due to the noise and partially due to UGA’s DLine. Big difference between a spring game and a real game. That’s an apples to oranges comparison. Also their DLine wasn’t trying to kill Beck every play either.

So we have already lost Wingo right? Also, let me guess. If we miss on Matthews it will be a failure of the staff right?
I wouldn’t say we have already lost him, but I think the writing is on the wall right now at where he’s likely to end up. I also wouldn’t say that whiffing on both him and Matthews is a failure by the staff, but if we don’t one has to ask themselves if we can’t land a top flight WR after landing Nico and fielding the best offense in the country at what point do we land one?

Yeah and Indont get how that works. Can he be committed to both sports??
He committed to play baseball at Tennessee before he really blew up in football. He will be able to play both sports if he chooses so, but will automatically count towards a football scholarship. In other words he couldn’t commit to play baseball at Tennessee then “walk on” the football team to save a scholarship

Bama's quarterbacks looked like crap in their spring game, which I guess is why Saban went out and got Notre Dame's back-up, lol. Carson Beck, #15 at UGA looked pretty good in their spring game.
Bama is going to be a true wildcard at qb. But imo they take a massive step backward.
Georgia on the other hand may actually be more dangerous. If thier defense doesn't take a step back which I have no doubt they will be elite. If they match that with an elite offense I think they're going to be massive favorites to win another national championship. Mix in that absolute joke of a schedule and it could be a recipe for disaster for the rest of the SEC and country for that matter.

Hooker’s main issue was that our OLine got dominated that game partially due to the noise and partially due to UGA’s DLine. Big difference between a spring game and a real game. That’s an apples to oranges comparison. Also their DLine wasn’t trying to kill Beck every play either.
Be that as it may I'd have preferred him to look like **** too.

I wouldn’t say we have already lost him, but I think the writing is on the wall right now at where he’s likely to end up. I also wouldn’t say that whiffing on both him and Matthews is a failure by the staff, but if we don’t one has to ask themselves if we can’t land a top flight WR after landing Nico and fielding the best offense in the country at what point do we land one?
We aren’t missing on Matthews unless another school gives him a million dollars like Mauigoa last year. Probably running third for Jefferson right now but next weekend could change that. Probably running 2nd for Wingo right now but he’s supposed to make it in next weekend. Get one of Matthews/Wingo & one of Harrell/Jefferson and it’s a very good WR class. Need to add a 3rd WR though because depth will be thin there in ‘24.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
We aren’t missing on Matthews unless another school gives him a million dollars like Mauigoa last year. Probably running third for Jefferson right now but next weekend could change that. Probably running 2nd for Wingo right now but he’s supposed to make it in next weekend. Get one of Matthews/Wingo & one of Harrell/Jefferson and it’s a very good WR class. Need to add a 3rd WR though because depth will be thin there in ‘24.

So you are saying Matthews is a lock to us? Why are we so far behind with Jefferson?

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
So you are saying Matthews is a lock to us? Why are we so far behind with Jefferson?
Lock seems like a stretch since he’s going to take OVs but I’d say we’re ahead of the field. I posted info about Jefferson previously and got blasted for it. Basically, just treated him like some random two star. They couldn’t find him a seat at the Bama game and he was ignored after it. Not a big deal if you don’t want him but puts you way behind when Bama & UGA treat him like a star

Lock seems like a stretch since he’s going to take OVs but I’d say we’re ahead of the field. I posted info about Jefferson previously and got blasted for it. Basically, just treated him like some random two star. They couldn’t find him a seat at the Bama game and he was ignored after it. Not a big deal if you don’t want him but puts you way behind when Bama & UGA treat him like a star

It isn’t he committed to us for baseball??

I’d really like to see us make another push for Jordan Anderson. I know he’s a west coast kid and committed to Oregon, but he visited a couple of times with Nico and playing with his HS QB and our offense would be a great selling point. I think we end up landing Jefferson though if he’s wanting to play both sports in college. I think Boo is a guy that could play WR for us too. His route running is already solid for a kid that doesn’t have a particular position. As far as WR depth for 2024 goes I think we take a couple of guys through the portal

I’d really like to see us make another push for Jordan Anderson. I know he’s a west coast kid and committed to Oregon, but he visited a couple of times with Nico and playing with his HS QB and our offense would be a great selling point. I think we end up landing Jefferson though if he’s wanting to play both sports in college. I think Boo is a guy that could play WR for us too. His route running is already solid for a kid that doesn’t have a particular position. As far as WR depth for 2024 goes I think we take a couple of guys through the portal
I'd rather go all in on Bryant Wesco than make another run at Anderson.

Reactions: jvols1999
Nico didn't want him here

VN Store

Back