'24 VA RB Peyton Lewis (Tennessee)

People need not sleep on Bishop either. We're definitely going to have a full stable.
He looked rock solid in the spring game. He may not ever be an outright stud for us because of Seldon and Lewis, but if he’s the 4th or 5th back on the depth chart we’re doing pretty damn good at that position. What are the chances Seldon gets moved to WR next fall? Because Thornton, Squirrel, and Leacock will be our only returning guys with significant playing time assuming Bru balls out this year and forgoes his COVID year

Reactions: LittleVol
He looked rock solid in the spring game. He may not ever be an outright stud for us because of Seldon and Lewis, but if he’s the 4th or 5th back on the depth chart we’re doing pretty damn good at that position. What are the chances Seldon gets moved to WR next fall? Because Thornton, Squirrel, and Leacock will be our only returning guys with significant playing time assuming Bru balls out this year and forgoes his COVID year
Good question.
I think he gets more reps there. But he's basically his own position.
AP player or flex player whatever you want to call it.

I think the staff will just continue to work on his pad level, and pressing the hole. And theyll continue to teach him the option routes for when he runs out there. Whichever way is the easiest to get the ball in his hands.

So I don't think he'll ever be a "starter" or RB only or WR only. But he's going to get 10 touches at least every game.

To answer it simply he's already both. And his career will spent at both.

They focused mostly at RB for the spring because of depth, and just fine tuning his RB abilities.
But he still ran routes as a WR even though supposedly he was "just a RB" this spring.

Fans get caught up in definitions and positions titles etc, and don't see the simplicity in the sports sometimes

I would consider Bishop our next Jabari Small with more upside. He's bigger and faster than Small(coming out of high school) but he won't be our biggest or fastest RB. He'll be a dependable workhorse type though and very likely to push everyone else on the roster with work ethic. But starting next season, everyone else in that room will have abilities that give them a chance to be "special". Leacock won't be seeing a ton of playing time this season unless we have multiple injuries. Nimrod and Webb will both be ahead of him this season coming off the bench. He is immensely gifted, but still has a lot to learn before gaining the trust of the coaches in SEC play.

I would consider Bishop our next Jabari Small with more upside. He's bigger and faster than Small(coming out of high school) but he won't be our biggest or fastest RB. He'll be a dependable workhorse type though and very likely to push everyone else on the roster with work ethic. But starting next season, everyone else in that room will have abilities that give them a chance to be "special". Leacock won't be seeing a ton of playing time this season unless we have multiple injuries. Nimrod and Webb will both be ahead of him this season coming off the bench. He is immensely gifted, but still has a lot to learn before gaining the trust of the coaches in SEC play.
Yeah I think he could sort of be like Small too. The thing is though is we’re recruiting at a much higher level now. So he could get passed over in time. As far as the WRs go I think Leacock’s talent will eventually push him onto the field

Yeah I think he could sort of be like Small too. The thing is though is we’re recruiting at a much higher level now. So he could get passed over in time. As far as the WRs go I think Leacock’s talent will eventually push him onto the field
We'll have 4 primary WRs this year and a couple that will see some spot duty unless we have injuries.

Last edited:
Eh star ratings aren't everything. Just because a guy is lower rated doesn't mean he is any less talented. The recruiting services go by what they can see. That's done through camps and things like that. So I don't forsee a guy like bishop being passed over. From what I've seen he can be a dynamic back. He definitely has caught the eyes of the coach.

We'll have 4 primary WRs this year and a couple that will see some spot duty unless we have injuries.
1 Bru
2 Keyton
3 White
3B Thornton

Seldon, Webb, Nimrod, and Leacock in no order. Seldon is right there because he will get on the field as a RB and them flex out just to throw the defense off.

Im going to call my shot and say that Webb is the next breakout guy and will see a good bit more time than Leacock. I’m often wrong about these things and probably just cursed him.

Don't put off to tomorrow that which you can do today. ;)
Nope..................

tumblr_ol34bgZvMn1tkb2p0o3_500.gif

gone-with-the-wind-scarlett.gif

1 Bru
2 Keyton
3 White
3B Thornton

Seldon, Webb, Nimrod, and Leacock in no order. Seldon is right there because he will get on the field as a RB and them flex out just to throw the defense off.
We've seen how this staff goes about their business for two seasons now. Consistency in practice is what gets you playing time. We will see some guys get opportunities in the first 3-4 games, but once we hit SEC play, you better have proven that you can be trusted to not be substituted on drives unless it's garbage time.

We've seen how this staff goes about their business for two seasons now. Consistency in practice is what gets you playing time. We will see some guys get opportunities in the first 3-4 games, but once we hit SEC play, you better have proven that you can be trusted to not be substituted on drives unless it's garbage time.
Yeah nobody outside of the top four are seeing any meaningful snaps.

Bru, Keyton, Squirrel and Thornton are way ahead of the youngins

Man, I was watching Thorntons game film earlier and I literally have no idea how we will be stopped next year.

Except for Seldon imo.

Because he's literally a new part of the offense.
VS
The other WRs that are components of the main offense. And yeah its just like you said, those backups will have to earn it.

Except for Seldon imo.

Because he's literally a new part of the offense.
VS
The other WRs that are components of the main offense. And yeah its just like you said, those backups will have to earn it.
Seldon is so unique that it will be hard to keep him off the field once he learns the offense.

Seldon is so unique that it will be hard to keep him off the field once he learns the offense.
That AND he's instant offense.

He simplifies the concepts that our base offense tries to promote.
- Speed on the perimeter
- picking poison
- chunk plays

He will learn enough about our offense, but also it's the coaches understanding there's things Seldon does where he doesn't really need to understand certain intricacies.

Just his presence on the field 100% creates a 1 on 1 mismatch somewhere else in the formation. He's a cheatcode

That AND he's instant offense.

He simplifies the concepts that our base offense tries to promote.
- Speed on the perimeter
- picking poison
- chunk plays

He will learn enough about our offense, but also it's the coaches understanding there's things Seldon does where he doesn't really need to understand certain intricacies.

Just his presence on the field 100% creates a 1 on 1 mismatch somewhere else in the formation. He's a cheatcode
Seldon and Lewis on the field with White in the slot would be demoralizing for defenses.

Good question.
I think he gets more reps there. But he's basically his own position.
AP player or flex player whatever you want to call it.

I think the staff will just continue to work on his pad level, and pressing the hole. And theyll continue to teach him the option routes for when he runs out there. Whichever way is the easiest to get the ball in his hands.

So I don't think he'll ever be a "starter" or RB only or WR only. But he's going to get 10 touches at least every game.
I think he will be a starter somewhere his second year. It depends on where he is most needed and may differ, depending on the team we are playing.

These discussions are great to fill time but it isn’t wise to believe we know anything at this point about these guys. I think there were conversations this time last year about Justin Williams-Thomas similar to these.

The Vols are stocking up better with talent and depth right now more than any time in recent memory. But we don’t know who will develop or transition to the college game the best.

Really encouraged by what we heard about Seldon but didn’t he fumble in the spring game too? If that’s a habit then he won’t be on the field

These discussions are great to fill time but it isn’t wise to believe we know anything at this point about these guys. I think there were conversations this time last year about Justin Williams-Thomas similar to these.

The Vols are stocking up better with talent and depth right now more than any time in recent memory. But we don’t know who will develop or transition to the college game the best.

Really encouraged by what we heard about Seldon but didn’t he fumble in the spring game too? If that’s a habit then he won’t be on the field
I think that was one of the walk- on WRs.

He might have, but I don't remember that clearly enough.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back