‘23 EN TE Emmanuel Okoye (Tennessee commit)

In honor of this commitment and because Okoye is originally from Lagos, Nigeria.....I give you Cordae's sick verse off NF's song Careful from his new album Hope.
Listen, ah
Talkin' 'bout risk, I take those
Millionaire still riding with the Draco
Courtside at the game Jumbotron got my name on it
That's how a typical day goes
I just left Nigeria, Lagos
I just met Kanye, Yesoz
I was talkin' to God, 'bout what's real or what's not
All he said was remain faithful
Okay, I get, I got it, I'm with it, I'm 'bout it
My crib is exotic I'm blessed, hey
We living chaotic, was high off narcotics
But that's when my life was a mess, hey
We come from the bottom, we still at the bottom
I get high to relieve the stress, hey
I don't think y'all get the message
This just world is built off misconceptions
Talkin 'bout greed
Talkin 'bout envy
Talkin 'bout money, then we talkin' 'bout plenty
Talkin 'bout dollars, or we talkin' 'bout pennies
Talkin' 'bout drinking, then we talkin' 'bout Henny
What we talkin' 'bout?
Lost souls at a crossroad, money coming in in large loads
I've been crossed, so my heart cold
That's all we know, yeah-yeah
That song is so good bro. Haven't stopped listening to it. NF so good and Cordae is on the come up. Can't wait to see them in Nashville in a month. Cordae's flow on that song was insane

It’s comical we have a high 3* / low 4* player that people are calling a project. Folks are acting like he’s barely a top 1000 player. Not every player needs to see significant snaps right off the bat. He redshirts this year and they can bring in a portal player next year if he’s not ready. That doesn’t mean he’s a reach or a bust if he’s not ready to get significant action in 2024. At a minimum he would be stellar on special teams.

This kid is the definition of project. Only been around football a year. And he’s played 3 games in pads against kids who probably wouldn’t see the field on most high school teams in the US.

I personally think it’s a mistake putting him at TE and think he’s better suited at DE and so did the NFL academy guys but let’s hope he picks the game up fast.

This kid is the definition of project. Only been around football a year. And he’s played 3 games in pads against kids who probably wouldn’t see the field on most high school teams in the US.

I personally think it’s a mistake putting him at TE and think he’s better suited at DE and so did the NFL academy guys but let’s hope he picks the game up fast.
This staff recruits the EDGE position about as well as anyone in the country. It's not likely that he'd see the field with the success they've had (and continue to have) recruiting that position. His natural abilities and measurables translate to being an absolute unit at TE, if he can learn to play the position. He was always going to have a steep learning curve at any position.

It’s comical we have a high 3* / low 4* player that people are calling a project. Folks are acting like he’s barely a top 1000 player. Not every player needs to see significant snaps right off the bat. He redshirts this year and they can bring in a portal player next year if he’s not ready. That doesn’t mean he’s a reach or a bust if he’s not ready to get significant action in 2024. At a minimum he would be stellar on special teams.

A project can be of any star rating, even a 5*.

And yet a 2* could be a finished product.

It's merely a point on experience and development, not skill or talent or a projection.

I'm far from a foosball coach, but once you see how this guy jumps, it almost feels wasteful not to let him go use that skill catching the ball.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I'm far from a foosball coach, but once you see how this guy jumps, it almost feels wasteful not to let him go use that skill catching the ball.

Yea I wouldn’t waste this kids potential on something he will do or need maybe 1 time a game if that. I am no coach either but in todays portal world and peoples need for instant gratification I just don’t see how he can be productive fast enough. He’s a long game project. TE is likely the hardest position to learn and excel at on offense and a tall task for someone who has yet to ever run a legitimate route or block a legitimate SEC caliber player. The Academy guys put him at DE for a reason I just hope this isn’t a Butch Jones/JJ Watt situation.

Yea I wouldn’t waste this kids potential on something he will do or need maybe 1 time a game if that. I am no coach either but in todays portal world and peoples need for instant gratification I just don’t see how he can be productive fast enough. He’s a long game project. TE is likely the hardest position to learn and excel at on offense and a tall task for someone who has yet to ever run a legitimate route or block a legitimate SEC caliber player. The Academy guys put him at DE for a reason I just hope this isn’t a Butch Jones/JJ Watt situation.
Well...
TE does a lot of important things in our offense. Not just catch a ball every now and then.

Well...
TE does a lot of important things in our offense. Not just catch a ball every now and then.
IMO, we need a guy that is a strong blocker. That makes it much easier for him to get a good release. If his hands are good, this guy could be an absolute beast on seam routes, and we've never really had that guy.

Reactions: LittleVol
IMO, we need a guy that is a strong blocker. That makes it much easier for him to get a good release. If his hands are good, this guy could be an absolute beast on seam routes, and we've never really had that guy.
You're absolutely spot on.

That's where any H-back or TE has to cut his teeth first. As a blocker. Before anything else he has to show that he can be depended on for that. Then you can build from that. he doesn't have to be a devastating blocker, just sound.

And this kid- I admit- has a higher ceiling than most we've had at the position.
We don't really know how good he can be

Gotcha. One of them will probably see significant snaps this year when we have sizable leads.
Idk Salmon comes in to block a lot already. I like him, I think he's a solid 4th TE. Would probably have a scholarship at plenty of places.

I also like that he's from Birmingham and has likely gone home and triggered several rolled turds 🥰

Idk Salmon comes in to block a lot already. I like him, I think he's a solid 4th TE. Would probably have a scholarship at plenty of places.

I also like that he's from Birmingham and has likely gone home and triggered several rolled turds 🥰
🤣...I hope he does get more PT, but so far they've used a 2 man rotation at TE for over 90% of the snaps while games are relatively close.

🤣...I hope he does get more PT, but so far they've used a 2 man rotation at TE for over 90% of the snaps while games are relatively close.
Well yeah, but he'll still come in on some goal line and jumbo packages.

I'm just trying to point out that he's had meaningful snaps in certain packages and he's more capable than people realize.

There's a notion that it's our top two TE's, Ethan Davis and then NOBODY else which I dont think is true.

Reactions: LittleVol
Well yeah, but he'll still come in on some goal line and jumbo packages.

I'm just trying to point out that he's had meaningful snaps in certain packages and he's more capable than people realize.

There's a notion that it's our top two TE's, Ethan Davis and then NOBODY else which I dont think is true.
I agree, but the earlier discussion was about who we'll have on scholarship at the position. I think Salmon and Browder are capable of playing situationally, but both leave us extremely limited if put in for an entire drive.

VN Store

Back